Ah shit we won so I have to do another one. Alright, Eddies bubble bursting penalty merchants vs nailed on relegation certainties, Everton.

Andrew

Just now, trophyshy said:

Dummett fucked up but we should have been out of sight before he came on.

Proof, if any more were needed, that we don’t deserve European football next year.  8/9/10th place, not too many more major injuries (at this point I’m presuming 2-3 more to come) and next year we can try and win a domestic cup.  

I fear we are going to have to sell Isak or Gilgamesh in order to fund a squad deep and robust enough to cope with the Indian Burial Ground under SJP.  

We have the easiest run in in the league, which we only get because we've had the toughest schedule up to now and we're already 8th. We'll climb a bit before its over.

We've played all of the top teams, which none of our rivals have, they've all got two of city, liverpool and arsenal to play.

• Like 3

Another game where, if we had any real options from the bench we win it comfortably. 

Wilson, Almiron, Joelinton, Trippier, Targett, Livramento, Miley. Any one of those as choice and I think we win that comfortably. 

Dummett fucked us, but he was just slipping a softy into the gaper left by the John Holmes-endowed Injury List.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Proof, if any more were needed, that we don’t deserve European football next year.  8/9/10th place, not too many more major injuries (at this point I’m presuming 2-3 more to come) and next year we can try and win a domestic cup.  

I fear we are going to have to sell Isak or Gilgamesh in order to fund a squad deep and robust enough to cope with the Indian Burial Ground under SJP.  

If it stays 1-1 at West Ham v Spurs it’s as you were in the table tbh. I think we’ll get Europe but that presents a whole load of other problems re the squad strength. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

No, this is absolutely on Dummett. You have to sometimes win games 1-0 at this level. I agree we had great chances to put this to bed but they don't always go in. Its understandable. What's really not understandable is blatantly hacking down a player who was nowhere near the ball and who wouldnt have done shite even if he was, 5 minutes from stoppage time against a team who barely created a clear chance. This wasn't the sort of error we've seen from Trippier or Burn or Botman this season that happened in the flow of the game, this was just plain unrivalled stupidity. 

And yes I'm still seeting :lol: 

Also disagree on European football, we deserve a Europa spot as much as anyone else. To be in the conversation considering the kind of luck and injuries we've had is a fantastic effort. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MrBass said:

You both should come to an agreement, no more shit predictions from you and, in return, no more shit patter from Toonpack. 

hallelujah GIF

No one is clipping my wings. 

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

We have the easiest run in in the league, which we only get because we've had the toughest schedule up to now and we're already 8th. We'll climb a bit before its over.

We've played all of the top teams, which none of our rivals have, they've all got two of city, liverpool and arsenal to play.

Aye that's what I was thinking before West Ham but considering the non stop injuries how many games are we really winning?  I'm just waiting to hear that Hall and Anderson picked up a niggle or something and are out for 3 weeks :suicide:

Screenshot_20240402-215505.png.0ba6e50c440915b1c757c6117da2ef65.png

The league table sorted by Expected Points fundamentally disagrees that we don't deserve European football this season. 

Look at West Ham, Man United and Spurs ffs. :lol:

• Like 1

What the fuck is the point in having youth/reserve players looking for experience on the bench, when winning 1-0, at home, against one of the worst teams in the division this season and we hoy on a an 33 year old idiot with 3 months left on his overlong contract?

What a fucking idiot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The league table sorted by Expected Points fundamentally disagrees that we don't deserve European football this season. 

Stand Up What GIF by 800 Pound Gorilla Media

8 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Paul Dummett you brain dead fuckwit. 

I'm still in shock at what he did. It just makes no sense what so ever that a professional well paid footballer would do that.

What will Eddie Howe say to him I wonder ? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

I think this is a post too close to the game. 

Yes we could/ should have scored a few more. 

Fact is, without the pen, Everton would have nothing from the game. 

We have no Pope, Trippier, Botman, Lascelles, Tino, Joelinton, Miley, Tonali, Miggy, Gordon or Wilson. 

A draw was not a fair reflection of the game but football is not fair. I doubt the West Ham fans feel the pen was a fair decision a few days ago. 

Edited by GrahamTaylor5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dougle said:

What the fuck is the point in having youth/reserve players looking for experience on the bench, when winning 1-0, at home, against one of the worst teams in the division this season and we hoy on a an 33 year old idiot with 3 months left on his overlong contract?

What a fucking idiot.

To be fair on Howe, Dummet should have been the safe option here. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That table is the graphical equivalent of this tweet :cuppa:

1 minute ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

But he's shown why he's about 11th option in defence. He fucked up and anyone can (just ask BDB or Trips) but it's when you fuck up that matters..we pumped them most of the game and should have had enough goals in the bag

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah this is not for you. 

Explain to the uninitiated…. how precisely is “expected points” calculated? Quality of opposition? 🤷🏻‍♂️

To even be in with a fucking shout of Europe given our luck this season, is remarkable. 

2 domestic Quarter Finals, about 30 minutes off getting out of the group of Death, 8th in the league, 3rd best attack in the league. All with an injury list that would have most teams in the relegation conversation. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Explain to the uninitiated…. how precisely is “expected points” calculated? Quality of opposition? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Screenshot_20240402-221646.thumb.png.4ae8d0dd79290af00c5a031b7711c65e.png

Here's a screenshot from the last time I explained it to you. :lol:

• Haha 7

Well that's the winning run when I'm at work gone at the first attempt at this new place, sums up the new place tbqfhwy, I haven't seen Dummett's fuck up but in a way it's on the club as much as the player, I'd be a canny kid to have around the dressing room but you'd never play me either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

There is no ‘safe’ option, maybe ‘safer’. FFs man we were one up with ten mins to go against a turboshite team at home.

• Like 1