Of course we start going on a run of some sort now. Martin Dubravkas going down easy to annoy a portuguese bloke Mags vs Anges great attacking side who have actually scored less than us whatevers.

Andrew

Aye I thought that coverage was bollocks. If I'm Elliott Anderson, I'm sitting down last night thinking they might focus on my performance. 

Instead all they talked about was Tottenham negatives. Pretty disappointing. 

• Like 3

About 60 mins in I just thought this was a tactical masterclass. We went man on man ( a bit like Bielsa) and they didn’t know what to to do and couldn’t get any patterns of play started - especially from goal kicks. 

Credit to Big Dan. He has been absolute class last few games. Back to his best.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I thought that coverage was bollocks. If I'm Elliott Anderson, I'm sitting down last night thinking they might focus on my performance. 

Instead all they talked about was Tottenham negatives. Pretty disappointing. 

As has been said, every time we beat one of the usual suspects it's because they have had a shite performance. I don't recall us being as shite when they beat us it's just a great match execution by whichever cunty club gets the better of us. 

• Like 5

Thought it was another really good performance from Anderson. He seems more of a physical presence than last season and I’ve been impressed with his energy on top of the technical ability he’s previously shown. I think midfield is his best position 

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I thought Longstaff had a pretty decent game yesterday. He did all the ugly shit that gets overlooked a lot.  Credit where it's due.

Agreed. He wasn't back to his best by any means. But he had a solid performance. 

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I thought Longstaff had a pretty decent game yesterday. He did all the ugly shit that gets overlooked a lot.  Credit where it's due.

Trademark Longstaff performance then. His best performances are when you forget he’s on the pitch because he’s just doing the shit no one pays attention to but is vital to our midfield being successful.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Alex said:

Thought it was another really good performance from Anderson. He seems more of a physical presence than last season and I’ve been impressed with his energy on top of the technical ability he’s previously shown. I think midfield is his best position 

definitely. We’ve missed a player with physicality in midfield since big Joe’s injury and Anderson provided it yesterday. His pressing and strength was impressive 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

definitely. We’ve missed a player with physicality in midfield since big Joe’s injury and Anderson provided it yesterday. His pressing and strength was impressive 

Maybe medium term have him playing as a 6 in front of the defence as he can playmaker and have Bruno playing as an 8. He was very good yesterday, and looks like he’s improving game on game…. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tinofbeans said:

Maybe medium term have him playing as a 6 in front of the defence as he can playmaker and have Bruno playing as an 8. He was very good yesterday, and looks like he’s improving game on game…. 

That’s an interesting thought. Wonder if he could be converted to play the modern DM role the way Ross Barkley has. He looks to have the technical ability to receive the ball in tight areas and has clearly packed on a bit of muscle too. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

That’s an interesting thought. Wonder if he could be converted to play the modern DM role the way Ross Barkley has. He looks to have the technical ability to receive the ball in tight areas and has clearly packed on a bit of muscle too. 

Or against the better sides alternating with another 6. 2defensive pivots both with the ability to receive the ball and control the pace of the game as well as ability to burst forward. He can see a line breaking pass though whether apart from Isak we have the quality of movement up front is a slightly different thing. 

Edited by tinofbeans
Typo