Parker

Why does he always feel the need to swivel on the ball everytime he looks for a pass? On one occasion today, Nobby was free on the right and instead of passing to him, Parker swivelled on the ball and immediately put himself under pressure.

108176[/snapback]

Because, despite the many Parker wankfests, he isn't very good.

fickle tbh.

108187[/snapback]

I know Parker is a good player. Watch a video of his performances for Charlton in 2003. Then watch him now. Completely different player. At Charlton the team was built round him more or less, he was their drive, their Lampard, their Gerrard, running forward, having shots on goal. Now he just dances in the centre circle, and snaps people.

fickle tbh.

108187[/snapback]

I know Parker is a good player. Watch a video of his performances for Charlton in 2003. Then watch him now. Completely different player. At Charlton the team was built round him more or less, he was their drive, their Lampard, their Gerrard, running forward, having shots on goal. Now he just dances in the centre circle, and snaps people.

108188[/snapback]

Maybe he is told to hold the midfield?

Howay people....

Him or Jenas???

Scotty Parker everytime!

108303[/snapback]

I wouldn't be so sure. Parker for Newcastle has 1 goal (that he knew nothing about) and 1 assist - though I am aware he is a holding midfielder. Jenas has contributed to the team with 6 goals and a few assists too, and is looking more and more the player we'd hoped him too. Can't just say Parker everytime because he is consistent and always plays better, because Jenas' goals/assists have contributed to getting more points and wins than Parker's "he gives 100% and runs around like a headless chicken so must be class" contribution.

Parker for England is not a joke, but Carrick at the moment, and most definitely Nolan I would prefer.

It would help if he had options to pass to, which he had very little of yesterday. That swivel isn't a bad move either, Rob Lee made a career out of it.  :lol:

108249[/snapback]

Isn't fit to lace Robert Lee's boots tbh.

Why does he always feel the need to swivel on the ball everytime he looks for a pass? On one occasion today, Nobby was free on the right and instead of passing to him, Parker swivelled on the ball and immediately put himself under pressure.

108176[/snapback]

108184[/snapback]

:lol: go back to N-O.

souness out, bellamy/robert back, hitzfeld class, boumsong shit :lol:

same threads everyday tbh

Was going to post the same topic tbh. Parker for England is a joke. Barton, Nolan and Carrick are better than him for starters.

108186[/snapback]

Warren Barton is better than Parker? Surely not! :lol: :lol:

108176[/snapback]

108184[/snapback]

:lol: go back to N-O.

souness out, bellamy/robert back, hitzfeld class, boumsong shit :lol:

same threads everyday tbh

108545[/snapback]

He isn't as good as some people make out tbh. Everyone crowing for him to get into the England side is forgetting Kevin Nolan tbh.

Same with Emre, not as good as people make out.

Was going to post the same topic tbh. Parker for England is a joke. Barton, Nolan and Carrick are better than him for starters.

108186[/snapback]

Bullshit tbh

Parker's better than all the above !

He needs to get forward more its true though imo

108186[/snapback]

Bullshit tbh

108752[/snapback]

Better than Gerrard tbh

Look at the big picture.

Parker is playing in front of a very poor back four and alongside midfield players who constantly disappear for stretches of the game. IMO, he feels that he has to cover for a number of players that go missing and so gets stretched. Put him alongside players who know their jobs and hold their positions and he'll be even better than he is now.

It's still bollocks to criticise Parker when you have a donkey like ameobi approaching 200 games for the toon. I wonder why that is given we have got rid of players just as bad as him in the past without giving them anything like the continued opportunities to fail that ameobi has had. Local lads as well. I wonder what the difference is with ameobi?

Parker doesn't look comfortable on the ball, and until he learns to be comfortable on it he'll never be international standard.

Since Roeder took over and we've actually started passing the ball through the midfield, this part of Parker's game has been exposed.

Under Souness he stood out as our game plan was to send it long and fight and scrap for every ball, without any real tactical plans. Like a 15 a side game you'd have in the playground when you were young, everyone just chasing the ball. This suited Parker as his workrate is top notch and he gets about the pitch very well.

He's got the drive and tenacity to be a good holding player, but unless he develops some composure on the ball and learns to recieve and get rid of it without taking 4 or 5 touches, we'll struggle to build a good passing side with him in it.

Watch a video of his performances for Charlton in 2003. Then watch him now. Completely different player. At Charlton the team was built round him more or less, he was their drive, their Lampard, their Gerrard, running forward, having shots on goal. Now he just dances in the centre circle, and snaps people.

108188[/snapback]

That's true actually. I wonder why he changed, or if he's been told to change his game?

Has he got it in him to be that 'driving force' type again?

108186[/snapback]

Bullshit tbh

108752[/snapback]

I am yet to see evidence of this.

my only criticism of him is he does tend to dwell on the ball. he doesn't always notice the early pass and will check and turn back on himself before trying a more ambitious ball.

108186[/snapback]

Bullshit tbh

108752[/snapback]

108905[/snapback]

Why not just take it on faith?

108186[/snapback]

Bullshit tbh

108752[/snapback]

108905[/snapback]

Why not just take it on faith?

109661[/snapback]

:lol:;)