General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

16 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Seems harsh, even for a grifter :smile:

In fairness, I'd pay good money to watch the cast of GB clinging to a fence like Sarah Connor in T2 as SkyNet blasts the studio with a nuclear missile. Imagine watching Piers Morgan stripped to his comically plastic skeleton.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

In fairness, I'd pay good money to watch the cast of GB clinging to a fence like Sarah Connor in T2 as SkyNet blasts the studio with a nuclear missile. Imagine watching Piers Morgan stripped to his comically plastic skeleton.

Sarah-Connor-Nuclear-Nightmare.jpg

• Haha 10

Hopefully it ends quickly before he has to have any involvement. It's fucking nuts that in 2023 serving the military isn't simply a choice. No one who doesn't want any involvement in inevitable bloodshed should be forced into it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Hopefully it ends quickly before he has to have any involvement. It's fucking nuts that in 2023 serving the military isn't simply a choice. No one who doesn't want any involvement in inevitable bloodshed should be forced into it.

Absolutely- France still had national service when I was there, but you could do it in hospitals, fire service, police etc 

Even in a war scenario, pacifists can “do their bit” without having to go in to combat. 

• Like 2

So, I know like in society in general we have a lot of dog lovers on the board, but how do we feel about bringing them into the office? Cos that's what happens here. Colleague's dog has just pissed all over the carpet near my desk and it hasn't even been cleared up, just left. It stinks and for the first time in months I'm needing my salbutamol inhaler. It shits too but they do sort of clean that up. I find it bizarre this is allowed and our office company actively encourages it. Surely you should just wfh if you have a dog? You wouldn't bring a kid in. 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Just tell the filthy cunts to clear up after their mutt! 

ffs Rents :lol:

Not so much the piss, but the whole concept of dogs in the office when you have the ability to wfh? I don't get it. And there is just no concession for people with allergies of phobias. I find it absolutely bizarre but my line manager is one of the offeders, so not a lot I can do. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not so much the piss, but the whole concept of dogs in the office when you have the ability to wfh? I don't get it. And there is just no concession for people with allergies of phobias. I find it absolutely bizarre but my line manager is one of the offeders, so not a lot I can do. 

so you're allergic and scared of dogs? bum deal 

• Haha 2

I'm not scared of dogs.  I know people who are after being attacked by them though. Anyway, this has probably gone as expected, think I'll wfh from now, looking for a new job anyway.  

Edited by Renton

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm not scared of dogs.  I know people who are after being attacked by them though. Anyway, this has probably gone as expected, think I'll wfh from now, looking for a new job anyway.  

Newcastle cat and dog shelter are taking on at the minute.

(but seriously, good luck with the job search)

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Have you tried rubbing your line manager's nose in it?

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

So, I know like in society in general we have a lot of dog lovers on the board, but how do we feel about bringing them into the office? Cos that's what happens here. Colleague's dog has just pissed all over the carpet near my desk and it hasn't even been cleared up, just left. It stinks and for the first time in months I'm needing my salbutamol inhaler. It shits too but they do sort of clean that up. I find it bizarre this is allowed and our office company actively encourages it. Surely you should just wfh if you have a dog? You wouldn't bring a kid in. 

I think you'd be within your rights to raise a concern around it truth be told. I feel like at absolute minimum the dog should be housetrained if it's going to be in a working environment. If you're allergic then I would imagine they also have to prevent dogs being on the property out of a duty of care, surely...?

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If you're allergic then I would imagine they also have to prevent dogs being on the property out of a duty of care, surely...?

Can you imagine how popular Renton would be with his co-workers when they're all told they can't bring their dogs to work because of him?

There's no chance I'd be bringing my dog in with me even if I could.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think you'd be within your rights to raise a concern around it truth be told. I feel like at absolute minimum the dog should be housetrained if it's going to be in a working environment. If you're allergic then I would imagine they also have to prevent dogs being on the property out of a duty of care, surely...?

You'd think. But if you bring it up, the end result will be people bringing dogs will stop coming in and yeah, I'd be ostracised probably. Maybe I'm a coward but I don't want the awkwardness. I dunno, my point was more about when this became a normal thing. I can see it being okay in some work places with segregated areas, but this is a modern open plan multi-storey office, we have dogs running up and down it, sniffing out your sarnies etc. It wouldn't be allowed anywhere else I've worked.  

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

Can you imagine how popular Renton would be with his co-workers when they're all told they can't bring their dogs to work because of him?

There's no chance I'd be bringing my dog in with me even if I could.

Well yeah, exactly. I've got the option to wfh, so fair enough. Just like to get out now and again.