General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

:lol: Saw that a while back. Apparently the lad has Tourette’s, which doesn’t make it any less funny. 

Immediately made me think about "I swear I can't help it" on Channel 4.

• Like 1

Fuck me :lol: 

So yesterday I'm not in the office, I am on site all day.  The Dipper phones up and can't come into work as he can't drop his daughter off at her mothers Sunday night as she (the mother) has gone missing.  She's not answering her phone blah blah.

I get in the office first thing this morning and he's already in.  I don't know about him not being in yesterday so I ask if he's shit the bed and he looked ruined.  I ask him if he's ok.  He tells me the tale of what's happened with the bairn and mother.  I don't press too much as basically I don't believe him :lol: Anyways, one of the directors comes in and asks how he is.  Asks about the ex and what happened 'Oh she was in hospital, apparently had issues down there' :lol: I'm trying not to laugh.  This director has bought it hook line and sinker.

Just been for a walk at lunch and he joined me.  Normally he goes to the gym every lunch.  I ask why he isn't off to the gym.  He said 'Oh I'll tell you outside'  We walk outside, he told me he can't lift any weight as his ribs are fucked.  I asked why.  Basically Saturday night he's absolutely mortal and ended up scrapping :lol: 'Oh but don't tell anyone' :lol: 

Daft cunt.

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

More heartbreak for Taylor Swift.

Got to be a good album's worth of material from that heartbreak.

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

So yesterday I'm not in the office, I am on site all day.  The Dipper phones up and can't come into work as he can't drop his daughter off at her mothers Sunday night as she (the mother) has gone missing.  She's not answering her phone blah blah.

I get in the office first thing this morning and he's already in.  I don't know about him not being in yesterday so I ask if he's shit the bed and he looked ruined.  I ask him if he's ok.  He tells me the tale of what's happened with the bairn and mother.  I don't press too much as basically I don't believe him :lol: Anyways, one of the directors comes in and asks how he is.  Asks about the ex and what happened 'Oh she was in hospital, apparently had issues down there' :lol: I'm trying not to laugh.  This director has bought it hook line and sinker.

Just been for a walk at lunch and he joined me.  Normally he goes to the gym every lunch.  I ask why he isn't off to the gym.  He said 'Oh I'll tell you outside'  We walk outside, he told me he can't lift any weight as his ribs are fucked.  I asked why.  Basically Saturday night he's absolutely mortal and ended up scrapping :lol: 'Oh but don't tell anyone' :lol: 

Daft cunt.

If only you were on good terms with HR…

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Daft cunt.

Scousers

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Scousers

You could save yourself a bit of time and effort by just listing the stuff that doesn’t grind his gears :lol: 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

More heartbreak for Taylor Swift.

The cheeky cunt’s punching well above his weight with his current missus 

• Haha 1

I went to a kids trampoline centre in an industrial park last week. The car park was full so I pulled up outside on double yellows, let the kids and Mrs get out. I spent a few mins searching for place to park then off I went to park in a street nearby. I never left the car.

I've now got a parking ticket. Do I have a leg to stand on if I appeal?

Edited by Holden McGroin

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I went to a kids trampoline centre last week. The car park was full so I pulled up outside on double yellows, let the kids and Mrs get out. I spent a few mins searching for place to park then off I went to park in a street nearby. I never left the car.

I think so yes. You could always  pick up / drop people off there iirc. As long as it’s not a no stopping zone. But there should be additional signage if that’s the case. 

Or is the ticket from the place for supposedly using the car park? Or the street where you parked? Rather than the double yellow lines 

Edited by Alex

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Or is the ticket from the place for supposedly using the car park? Or the street where you parked? Rather than the double yellow lines 

Its from a camera on the main road on the industrial estate (eg just outside the car park).

The pricks charge £60 now or £100 if I lose appeal.

Edited by Holden McGroin

43 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I went to a kids trampoline centre in an industrial park last week. The car park was full so I pulled up outside on double yellows, let the kids and Mrs get out. I spent a few mins searching for place to park then off I went to park in a street nearby. I never left the car.

Not Jump 360 in Palmerville I take it, pretty large car park round the back of that. Depends on whether it is a council ticket or from a secuity company. With the former, they can be reasonable, I've got off a few fines for parking indiscretions. The latter no chance, but I know some people with big cajones who just refuse to pay and they don't proceed to court. 

Fucking annoying for you though. 

Thankfully over here we’re different to England in that private parking fines are levied on the driver rather than the car so any time I get a ticket I just send an email saying that several people have use of the car and I don’t know who was driving at the time and that’s the end of it. Not much help to you, granted.

Nah, it’s down south. I’ve gone for the appeal. I doubt I’ll get anywhere but at least I’ll give them some admin. 

I used work with colleague who refused to pay for any fines from a private car park. He claimed they can’t do anything. 

Edited by Holden McGroin

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Thankfully over here we’re different to England in that private parking fines are levied on the driver rather than the car so any time I get a ticket I just send an email saying that several people have use of the car and I don’t know who was driving at the time and that’s the end of it. Not much help to you, granted.

All right, Chris Huhne

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Nah, it’s down south. I’ve gone for the appeal. I doubt I’ll get anywhere but at least I’ll give them some admin. 

I used work with colleague who refused to pay for any fines from a private car park. He claimed they can’t do anything. 

Request photographic evidence of the car parked without a driver. If you're in the car, you haven't parked it imo. 

• Like 2

On 20/02/2024 at 13:05, wykikitoon said:

Daft cunt.

Get a fucking room already. That's essentially the first chapter of a Mills and Boon novel.

• Haha 7

Boss calls me up asking to know why I went to a colleague for advice on a bit of code and not her. Then she says "It's because I'm a woman isn't it, I've had this all my life you know?!". She sounded tense AF so I was honest and said it was because I know she's busier than he is and that he and I had worked on something related quite recently.

Jesus Christ man, it's not misogyny. I was being fucking considerate. 

Wimmin!

• Haha 4