Scottish Mag

General Random Conversation..

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

That’s just an entire spud on a stick, isn’t it? 

Aye they put it on a drill thing and it gets spiraliled and deep fried with tayto flavours, unreal 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Just bought some jalapeno and cheese walkers max which are the ultimate crisp. They got any of those in your little museum?

Aye they’re amazing. I like how they trick you into thinking they aren’t too hot and then they take your head off.

The wasabi ones are lush too, although they’re quite rare for some reason.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Aye they’re amazing. I like how they trick you into thinking they aren’t too hot and then they take your head off.

The wasabi ones are lush too, although they’re quite rare for some reason.

Haven't had them I don't think but they sound as shit as the chicken wings ones

The wasabi ones will have fuck all wasabi in btw (it’ll just be horseradish). 

I love NI's odd traditions they are so proud of. All the NI lads at Uni loved Caffreys beer, which I thought was very ordinary. Claiming whiskey was better than whisky ffs. :lol: Fifteens. Breakfast with soda bread (which is great tbf). But the love of Taytos tops the lot. They're nee Tudor like (ban coming up on charge of heresy). 

Edited by Renton

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

I love NI's odd traditions they are so proud of. All the NI lads at Uni loved Caffreys beer, which I thought was very ordinary. Claiming whiskey was better than whisky ffs. :lol: Fifteens. Breakfast with soda bread (which is great tbf). But the love of Taytos tops the lot. They're nee Tudor like (ban coming up on charge of heresy). 

Soda bread is the only thing in that list I enjoy. 

The famous Tayto cheese and onion aren’t great tbf.

The only place I've seen them sold here is B&M bargains. They're okay, probably equivalent to Golden Wonder and definitely better than the ubiquitous Walkers. My favourite crisps are Brannigans, but seem to be disappearing. The best crisp of all time though has to be Tudor pickled onion. Spring onion was great too. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Renton said:

The only place I've seen them sold here is B&M bargains. They're okay, probably equivalent to Golden Wonder and definitely better than the ubiquitous Walkers. My favourite crisps are Brannigans, but seem to be disappearing. The best crisp of all time though has to be Tudor pickled onion. Spring onion was great too. 

Tudor Pickled Onion wasn’t so much a crisp as a rite of passage for your mouth. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There was a brief period, about 3 years before they disappeared, I had a Macro card and bought them by the box (the ones in shops) for a fiver at the one in Washington. Doubt we'll ever see such halcyon days again. :(

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Used to make you break out in a sweat :lol: 

:lol:

The sweats came after 10 minutes of…

photo-4-1507769199450.gif

• Haha 1

@Renton, Brannigans Beef and Mustard were fucking nuclear when they first came out- cleared the sinus in one crisp. 

Have they toned them down? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

@Renton, Brannigans Beef and Mustard were fucking nuclear when they first came out- cleared the sinus in one crisp. 

Have they toned them down? 

I don't think so, they fair scour the taste buds. I like them but prefer the ham and cheese and also the lamb and mint, the latter of which are canny unique. Brannigans are great for two reasons. The potato texture and quality is second to none. But somehow they have two tone flavours. You taste the beef, and its just bog standard beef. But then you get hit by the blast of mustard a second later. Masterful. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I love tipping crisps into a pot noodle to make a crunchy throw-in. I'll be amazed if @Rentondoesn't do this.

No, that is just plain wrong, on any level.

10 hours ago, Renton said:

No, that is just plain wrong, on any level.

Tip them in when you're about 50% through your pot noddle. Crunch them up and eat before they go soggy.

12 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I love tipping crisps into a pot noodle to make a crunchy throw-in. I'll be amazed if @Rentondoesn't do this.

:lol: Like a tramp's Muller Corner. 

• Haha 3

Haven’t eaten a pot noodle since desperately poor student days.

Back to the crisp chat, brannigans were indeed a superior class of crisp. Shame they’re so hard to find these days. 

To the surprise of no one, I’m partial to the middle class twat crisp of choice - Tirrells. Particularly enjoying their new cheese and pickle ridged effort. And their cheese and chive are lush. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 1