General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

A bit like The Northern Echo writing s series of paid-for articles on the 100 year anniversary of Cummins in  Darlington last year and not printing a word about the thousands of redundancies globally, hundreds locally. As soon as Hitachi lay a few off they're all over it. I keep questioning editor Peter Barron about it on Twitter but he won't reply.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Been called back for my second interview. Rang me today asking to see me asap then arranged it for tomorrow. Sounds like they need people quick. C'mon the coronavirus :nufc:

Good luck mate. 

From what I've read, every other nation that's extracting people from Wuhan Province is quarantining them for 14 days to avoid any risk of contagion - for example, Australians will be quarantined on Christmas Island. 

So what do we do? 

Tell them to quarantine themselves in their own house for 14 days. :lol: So we're just gonna trust some fucking bubblehead not to decide after a week that there's nowt wrong with them and that it's pub night so, you know.... 

Unreal. 

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

From what I've read, every other nation that's extracting people from Wuhan Province is quarantining them for 14 days to avoid any risk of contagion - for example, Australians will be quarantined on Christmas Island. 

So what do we do? 

Tell them to quarantine themselves in their own house for 14 days. :lol: So we're just gonna trust some fucking bubblehead not to decide after a week that there's nowt wrong with them and that it's pub night so, you know.... 

Unreal. 

This has now changed and it looks like they'll be quarantined at a military base. Thank fuck. 

Anyone think we're going to be into the hundreds of thousands with this one? I'm not entirely sure I trust China's reporting on this tbh, I suspect that the number will have been minimised in order to allow them to get things as under control as possible.

On 28/01/2020 at 21:31, TheGingerQuiff said:

Been called back for my second interview. Rang me today asking to see me asap then arranged it for tomorrow. Sounds like they need people quick. C'mon the coronavirus :nufc:

Hope you get it. The job, not the virus 

22 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Anyone think we're going to be into the hundreds of thousands with this one? I'm not entirely sure I trust China's reporting on this tbh, I suspect that the number will have been minimised in order to allow them to get things as under control as possible.

i expect complete transparency from the chinese authorities 

• Haha 1

An Italian cruise ship with 6000 passengers on has been quarantined after two Chinese passengers look to be exhibiting Coronavirus symptoms (they arrived in Europe on 25th Jan). 

This boat has already visited a number of ports including Marseille, and you'd have to assume other passengers will by now be infected. This is how this shit gets its tentacles into Europe.... 

Take it out to the ocean and scuttle it, to be on the safe side. Amd nuke Marseilles.

Its difficult to know how much of a threat this virus really is and if we can practically stop its spread. I thought coronavirus was one of the pathogens implicated in the common cold, so I'm surprised at the response to this strain. As for stopping its spread, we had global influenza pandemics before air travel, so I think containment may be difficult anyway. 

So is this media hype or something really serious? A lot of experts are suggesting the former, but it doesn't tie in with China building new hospitals etc. 

18 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He's already half machine isn't he? His human half would probably struggle to bat something like this off

Check out this bloke working on your next redundancy package. 😉

• Haha 3