Scottish Mag

General Random Conversation..

China don’t care. They’ll sell you bootleg electronics that explode on the bus or they’ll board a plane to spread a deadly virus across mainland Europe all while beating you at ping-pong. They’re a nation defined by obstinance.

So, I'm off to my MSc graduation at York University today. This all arose after a casual chat with Chez Given in Tilley's some 11 years ago. Mad how time flies. (The reason it took so long was there was a 7 year gap in the middle where my work refused to fund me). 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Do, I'm off to my MSc graduation at York University today. This all arose after a casual chat with Chez Given in Tilley's some 11 years ago. Mad how time flies. (The reason it took so long was there was an 11 year gap in the middle where my work refused to fund me). 

Nice one and enjoy the Railway museum after! 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

So, I'm off to my MSc graduation at York University today. This all arose after a casual chat with Chez Given in Tilley's some 11 years ago. Mad how time flies. (The reason it took so long was there was a 7 year gap in the middle where my work refused to fund me). 

Congratulations. Was this the same night you pissed all over that lad's house? 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That was Papa Lazaru as I'm sure you know. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That was someone else, Renton just pissed all over the house and on here when Sammy Seagull and his family moved into his chimney. :good:

;)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

What is the MSc in? Congrats!

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Cheers. It's in Health Economics.

You're gonna be busy with that, I reckon. Good subject to have taken.

24 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I interviewed forna company that makes respiratory masks yesterday so fingers crossed this thing takes off 

I wouldn’t hold your breath. ;)

• Haha 3
  • Jaysus... 1

12 hours ago, Renton said:

Congrats. I'm nearly finished year one of an MSc and it's a fucking ballache once you add a job and kids into the mix

Has it been worth it for either of you? I’m considering doing one next year but don’t know I can be arsed.. 

The wife is doing a masters part time on top of work and kids and i seriously don’t have a clue how she can be fucked 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

The wife is doing a masters part time on top of work and kids and i seriously don’t have a clue how she can be fucked 

Have you tried lube? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Whoever this fuckin' master is..find out who he is and chin the fucker

23 hours ago, strawb said:

Has it been worth it for either of you? I’m considering doing one next year but don’t know I can be arsed.. 

For some reason in my industry to get chartered now they're looking for an MSc.  I did mine a few years ago and basically fuck all changed.  I was already chartered and got my MSc instead of going for the other chartership :lol: 

23 hours ago, strawb said:

Mine's vocational so it's a means to an end. Not sure i'd be doing it off my own back unless it was going to put me ahead of the competition when it came to promotions etc. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

For some reason in my industry to get chartered now they're looking for an MSc.  I did mine a few years ago and basically fuck all changed.  I was already chartered and got my MSc instead of going for the other chartership :lol: 

Yeah I’m in the process of becoming chartered, an MSc wouldn’t add anything to that but we still fancy it tbh 

• Like 1