General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I almost added "like a lion in the jungle" but then thought 'no, don't be so silly'.

So I'm a stand-up comedian, 3-foot tall shrew, wearing clown pants??

Cool.

I've had a very nice day so far. ;) Matt gave me free things, such as pens, pencils and mints. I liked that. That wasn't the height of my nice day, but it certainly contributed. (Thanks Mattski! :lol:)

I've had a very nice day so far. ;)  Matt gave me free things, such as pens, pencils and mints.  I liked that.  That wasn't the height of my nice day, but it certainly contributed.  (Thanks Mattski! :lol:)

57461[/snapback]

We did better than we thought, talked to about 10 or so people, they were all interested, not just randomly inquisitive. They were going to go without free stuff until I said you NEED free stuff to entice the student types.

If anyone knows anything about Campden Place in Bath, could you please let me know (like asap?) ;)

Have to research various places in Bath as we're studying Persuasion by Austen, and I can't find anything about Campden Place, which is where the Elliots and Mrs Clay stay when they go to Bath. :lol:

I've had a very nice day so far. ;)  Matt gave me free things, such as pens, pencils and mints.  I liked that.  That wasn't the height of my nice day, but it certainly contributed.  (Thanks Mattski! :lol:)

57461[/snapback]

We did better than we thought, talked to about 10 or so people, they were all interested, not just randomly inquisitive. They were going to go without free stuff until I said you NEED free stuff to entice the student types.

57523[/snapback]

They were going to GO.. WITHOUT... FREE STUFF??? They sound like crazy people. :razz:

When I got home, I put my bag on my bed, and it slipped off and I ended up with Deloitte free goodies all over my floor. Which wasn't anywhere near as annoying as it sounds. :razz:

Edited by Lou

If anyone knows anything about Campden Place in Bath, could you please let me know (like asap?) :razz:

Have to research various places in Bath as we're studying Persuasion by Austen, and I can't find anything about Campden Place, which is where the Elliots and Mrs Clay stay when they go to Bath. ;)

57525[/snapback]

Er, I think it's in Bath. Is that any help?

:lol:

If anyone knows anything about Campden Place in Bath, could you please let me know (like asap?) :razz:

Have to research various places in Bath as we're studying Persuasion by Austen, and I can't find anything about Campden Place, which is where the Elliots and Mrs Clay stay when they go to Bath. :razz:

57525[/snapback]

Er, I think it's in Bath. Is that any help?

57598[/snapback]

Also, I once read that it was the place where the Elliots and Mrs Clay stay when they go to Bath. :razz:

Hope that helps!

;)

I know... it took typing in the words "Camden Place Bath" into Google, and clicking on the first link.

Oh well, killed a few minutes of my day.

YAY - I'm going to the Castle Keep with my brother later!! :lol: I think he's up here doing some modelling work, and so we're meeting up in an hour or so when he's done.. and I just text him to see where we're meeting, and to say that I wanna find the castle... and he replied "would be nice to see your uni... but let's go find this castle!" Yay. Knew he'd be up for it!

Thanks for the idea, alex! ;)

Edited by Lou

I know... it took typing in the words "Camden Place Bath" into Google, and clicking on the first link.

Oh well, killed a few minutes of my day.

YAY - I'm going to the Castle Keep with my brother later!! :lol:  I think he's up here doing some modelling work, and so we're meeting up in an hour or so when he's done.. and I just text him to see where we're meeting, and to say that I wanna find the castle... and he replied "would be nice to see your uni... but let's go find this castle!"  Yay.  Knew he'd be up for it!

Thanks for the idea, alex! ;)

57635[/snapback]

Do you need directions?

You know me surprisingly well!

Well... according to Matt, you go down Grey St (and I just found a very useful map on the uni website that told me which one this is)... and then you go up the dog leap stairs (which sound marvellous just from the name) which are on the right when you've gone down it loads and a road bridge thing goes over you, and that leads to the Castle. Sound about right?

The map I found was pretty good at showing me where it was though.. so I have a vague idea... We'll probably still get lost though!

You know me surprisingly well!

Well... according to Matt, you go down Grey St (and I just found a very useful map on the uni website that told me which one this is)... and then you go up the dog leap stairs (which sound marvellous just from the name) which are on the right when you've gone down it loads and a road bridge thing goes over you, and that leads to the Castle.  Sound about right?

The map I found was pretty good at showing me where it was though.. so I have a vague idea... We'll probably still get lost though!

57640[/snapback]

If you don't want to get lost, go down Grey Street, until you get to the crossroads bit. Turn right onto Mosley Street. Take the first left onto St. Nicholas Street (St. Nicholas Caathedral is on the corner) and it's about 50-100 yards away on the left. There are two Castle-type buildings. The first (smaller) one is the Black Gate and the second one is the Castle Keep. Have fun!

Watch out turrets, here we come!! 

Thanks alex.

*must not get distracted by castle and remember my 2o'clock lecture.....*

57645[/snapback]

Skive it tbh ;)

I'm already skiving my 12o'clock (tsk, students, eh?)

But the 2o'clock one is accounting... and i think i'll get all confused if i miss it :lol:

See how it goes though....!

I LOVE turrets!! And twisty stairs leading to little passageways which lead to little rooms. And the little passageways themselves. And the random rooms. And the TURRETS!!

No dungeons though. Disappointed by that... but the magnificence of the turrets and stairs made up for it I guess. I mean, they did have a prison (and an ice basement - wtf?) ... but we wanted tortune equipment and stuff.

Haha, the pair of us were running around like little kids. I knew I could rely on my big brother to have fun at the castle!

I'm so taking Danny there on Sunday!! (it IS open on Sundays, right?! damn, i shoulda checked...) I'm sure he'll love it, he's such a boy. And the views ARE really cool too. From the turrets! Hurrah!

Thank you SO much for telling me about this, Alex. :lol:

Have a gold star:

gold_star.gif

Incidently, whilst looking for that gold star, I found this.... how cute!!!

R%20Gold%20Star.jpg

Mummy I want a pony! (I used to say that to a posh mate at uni when he went in the huff). Well, I thought it was funny. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it is open on Sundays. Glad you liked it. The views are nice, especially on a day like today.

R%20Gold%20Star.jpg

57808[/snapback]

What the Helen of Troy is THAT!

I thought it was a horse for a second, then I realised it's barely taller than a dog and has a squirells tail!

Scary

57811[/snapback]

It's a foal. That's a baby horse btw :lol:

It's a foal. That's a baby horse btw :razz:

57813[/snapback]

Amazing. What will they think of next.

57817[/snapback]

Ummm... just spitballing here and guessing fabricating likenesses of them and putting rockers on the ends of the hooves and selling them as toddlers' toys?

;)