General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Ummm... just spitballing here and guessing fabricating likenesses of them and putting rockers on the ends of the hooves and selling them as toddlers' toys?

57822[/snapback]

Immobilising horses to please children? It's a sick mind that comes up with this stuff.

Ummm... just spitballing here and guessing fabricating likenesses of them and putting rockers on the ends of the hooves and selling them as toddlers' toys?

57822[/snapback]

Immobilising horses to please children? It's a sick mind that comes up with this stuff.

57824[/snapback]

Question begs tho what is so sick about it- immobilising a plastic likeness or rocking kids for hours on them?

Mummy I want a pony! (I used to say that to a posh mate at uni when he went in the huff). Well, I thought it was funny. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it is open on Sundays. Glad you liked it. The views are nice, especially on a day like today.

57812[/snapback]

A pony used to top my christmas list for years and years.

Then we moved to somewhere that actually had stables and a field, so I got one. You know, you have to actually LOOK AFTER THEM when you have one?!?! What's with THAT?? I mean, I don't actually mind the looking after them bit... but every single day?? That was like an hour of my precious lazing time just GONE. Tsk.

:lol: Even I can't tell if I'm being ironic or not.

Anyways, over that now (actually, over that several years ago) and now my "I want one but I probably won't get one" item on my Christmas List is an I-pod.

If I wasn't getting a unicycle, then I probs would get one. But I'm not gonna be getting both.

I forget where I was going with any of this so........

Dr Karl Kennedy and his band apparently still have tickets left..... and I just phoned up about it (had been told to call at 2pm)... and they said to call back at 5pm because the lady to speak to wasn't there.

ARGH. I CAN'T STAND THE SUSPENSE!!!!!!!!!

I've already called once a few weeks back and been told they were sold out, but now it turns out he's doing an extra night... and there should still be tickets.....

I think I'm going to die of nerves before 5pm.

I also think I need psychiatric help.

"FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING THEIVING CUNTS"

That's what scrolls across the screensaver of the Castle Keep Warden's laptop computer!!!!

;):blink::icon_lol:

I don't think I'll ever stop laughing at that. It was the most unexpected onslaught of profanities I've come across in a long time...... he was HORRIFIED that we'd seen it. We just laughed and laughed... and laughed and laughed..... and laughed some more.

Scariest moment of the day was that self same warden asking a ghostly spirit who the next person to die would be, and his little metal sticky thingys moving and pointing at me (so I carefully sidled out of the direction that they were pointing!) :rolleyes:

Hey Fishster, welcome home. How was your trip :) *

*we're not *ALL* bastards here..............

no, not all bastards. You're a delightful mathematical-shape-I-cannot-describe of randomness.

The trip was ok, didn't acheive the objective, but got an answer which is sometimes just as good.

I discovered that you can get quite far in a foregin country by looky scowly and mean, people think you're local and either leave you alone or ask you for directions.

I don't look parisian at all.... do I?

the way to spot a frenchman seems to be the nose and the way he smokes.. I don't smoke and my nose is distinctly British so it must have been the aloof-ivity of my gait

I like using the word gait.

anyhoo I'm REALLY tired and can't sleep so... erm... her'es a thought

Tea is a diarrhoetic.

I decided that the word portcullis is not used enough in modern day conversation.

There's probably a good reason for that, but I don't care.

However, when I told my mate this yesterday, we got into a 10 minute debate (with actions, of course) about lowering the portcullis, raising the drawbridge, and closing the gates*. Umm... what the??....

But that, my friend, is why comedy boys are bloody brilliant. I love the random crap I can chat to them about. And they actually enjoy it... they don't just put up with it.

[edit: * why do I feel like this bit could be twisted to sound dirty??? maybe i've just got a twisted mind. but it was a few hours after we'd left the castle, so yeh... it was just general castley talk. Honest! (... I bet that's what they alllll say, right?.....)]

Edited by Lou

I decided that the word portcullis is not used enough in modern day conversation.

However, when I told my mate this yesterday, we got into a 10 minute debate (with actions, of course) about lowering the portcullis, raising the drawbridge, and closing the gates*.  Umm... what the??....

But that, my friend, is why comedy boys are bloody brilliant.  I love the random crap I can chat to them about.  And they actually enjoy it... they don't just put up with it.

[edit: * why do I feel like this bit could be twisted to sound dirty???  maybe i've just got a twisted mind.  but it was a few hours after we'd left the castle, so yeh... it was just general castley talk.  Honest!  (... I bet that's what they alllll say, right?.....)]

58463[/snapback]

Did he breach your defences with his lance at all?

the spiral staircases spiral the way they do so defending soldier types can swing their sword easier... as long as they're right handed of course.

.....as I spent about a week trying to explain to my best friend in Oz. She couldn't get her head around it, because they don't have proper castle-style spiral staircases in the middle of Melbourne.

However, I found the closest type of spiral staircase that I could, and armed myself with some form of stick, and gave a demonstration.

After that, she got it. :rolleyes:

Passing strangers trying to walk up the staircase were a tad confused though.

However, when I told my mate this yesterday, we got into a 10 minute debate (with actions, of course) about lowering the portcullis, raising the drawbridge, and closing the gates*.   Umm... what the??....

But that, my friend, is why comedy boys are bloody brilliant.  I love the random crap I can chat to them about.  And they actually enjoy it... they don't just put up with it.

[edit: * why do I feel like this bit could be twisted to sound dirty???  maybe i've just got a twisted mind.  but it was a few hours after we'd left the castle, so yeh... it was just general castley talk.  Honest!   (... I bet that's what they alllll say, right?.....)]

58463[/snapback]

Did he breach your defences with his lance at all?

58569[/snapback]

Make sure you've filled your moat before you lower your drawbridge. Or something. :rolleyes:

That's some good procrastinating there, Fish. :rolleyes:

I don't REALLY know why I'm not in bed at the moment. Asleep. It would be nice to be that. But no, instead here I am. In the Fishing hour, it seems.

I'm REALLY babbling crazy bloody stuff at the moment...... so i'm gonna go sleep for a few hours. before my exciting 10am workshop. woooooooooooooo can't wait.

And look, here is some sarcasm to add into that last sentence too. Yay!

*forcibly stops herself from typing more*

I aim to please. :rolleyes:

oh and I got 4000th reply

and Lou got 4000th post.

and Haley Joel Osman (sp?) sees dead people... all the time.

which if it were true isn't indicated in the film cos he can hide in tents and stuff... he should have said "I see dead people most of the time, but only when I'm not hiding from them or have my eyes shut, and in fact not actively looking at them"; which to be fair can be said for the rest of us too...

he's just a little precious about it I thinki.

Edited by Geordie Fish

:rolleyes:

I love that you're as bad as me sometimes.

After my class this morning I headed out to buy a couple of things for la weekend.... luckily I realised that I didn't have any money with me at all before I got to the till. Oops. That'll teach me to chop and change between bags!

[editted to point out that I've just realised what an entirely dull and uninteresting story that was. I should have added some dragons in. that'd make it better. sorry.]

Edited by Lou

Allllleeexxxx......... Hello over there!

wave.gif

If you don't talk to me... I'm going to have to start reading my economics text book.

Surely you're not THAT CRUEL??!! :rolleyes:

Allllleeexxxx.........  Hello over there!

wave.gif

If you don't talk to me... I'm going to have to start reading my economics text book.

Surely you're not THAT CRUEL??!! :rolleyes:

58969[/snapback]

Stop! Don't do it!

If you're that bored, here's a task - name me one funny comedienne ;)

Oops.. I tell you to talk to me, and then I bugger off. Oops.

*distracted by My Space*

Hmmm... does it have to be one that you've heard of?? Because I'm not very knowledgeable on FAMOUS comediennes....

Apparently Dee off Neighbours is BLOODY funny. She used to be in the Impro group that I went to see on Sundays... and yeh, I've never even met her, but apparently she was a very funny woman. I remember I first read she was a comedienne AGES ago and was like 'tsk, I can't picture that...' .. never thought I'd then become friends with the folks that she did her comedy with! (story of my life, weirdly enough).

Rachel Berger and Mel Sargent. They are both very funny.

YAY because I just got an email from one of my comedy boys confirming that we'll be catching up on Saturday :rolleyes: *excited*

How is it 2:25pm already?? Boo.. must print out lecture notes and head off to said lecture. Bah.