General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Wolves rarely attack people, but one tried its luck on a passer-by near the village of Zhetybai in the remote Kazakh steppes.

Unluckily for the wolf, burly retired policeman Daulet Tuyeshiyev was more than a match for it. "I was having a look around beside my car when some beast attacked me. At first I thought it was a dog, then I realised I was wrestling with a wolf," he told Lada newspaper. The powerful animal bit him repeatedly on the back, arms and legs, but Tuyeshiyev managed to strangle it with his bare hands.

Villagers say they burned the wolf while Daulet made his own way to hospital, but not before photographing the body. Elders are surprised at the attack on a human, but recall that local huntsman Aldaberdy Akshabayev has stopped his regular wolf culls since the council cut off funding. Mangistau region police warn that the wolves are now becoming bolder as they compete for food.

Aye, a real man there by the sounds of it, didn't see him wailing on twitter about "our suffering" blah blah, protest, blah blah, more suffering etc etc.

Boycott this, throw tennis balls at the Wolf, carry mock coffins, scrutinise accounts like a crack team of HM inspectors.

What have we become?

We know the fending off attacks from Wolves is all about survival and "wiping our own mouth, nose, arse" yet still we bleat after every Wolf attack as though it was Groundhog Day.

I can't imagine the men of the 70's 80's writing do many words, phoning do many radio shows or generally partaking in so much mock suffering at being attacked by a Wolf.

This btw is no aimed at justifying anything about Wolves in general, its looking at the way 20, 30, 50 year old bleat on on a daily basis with such teeth gnashing and angst .

just had a guy i work with tell me about his bro and sis-in-law getting chased by wolves last weekend, seems they were out bow-hunting for elk (which tbh seems ambitious... but i digress) and when they tried to lure the elk in with a call they were set upon by three wolves, the brother didn't have anything but his bow and a couple of knives so they ran back to their quad 1.5km away!!! the wolves chased them the entire way, needless to say his wife isn't going to go bow hunting anymore, and the brother says he's taking a rifle with him from now on.

Aye, a real man there by the sounds of it, didn't see him wailing on twitter about "our suffering" blah blah, protest, blah blah, more suffering etc etc.Boycott this, throw tennis balls at the Wolf, carry mock coffins, scrutinise accounts like a crack team of HM inspectors.What have we become?We know the fending off attacks from Wolves is all about survival and "wiping our own mouth, nose, arse" yet still we bleat after every Wolf attack as though it was Groundhog Day.I can't imagine the men of the 70's 80's writing do many words, phoning do many radio shows or generally partaking in so much mock suffering at being attacked by a Wolf.This btw is no aimed at justifying anything about Wolves in general, its looking at the way 20, 30, 50 year old bleat on on a daily basis with such teeth gnashing and angst .

:lol:

You only ever hear the shit stuff about the NHS and individual hospitals so here's something I am very proud to be part of..

http://www.qegateshead.nhs.uk/QEtopinthecountry

Must admit Ive never encountered a bad experience with the NHS. Used their services again today (South Shields) and they were fantastic. It's a people thing and great people make great NHS staff.

At work I love it when I find the root cause of an issue isn't mine and I can send it back.

Unfortunately that's what my brother and mother have both experienced with the NHS. Their undiagnosed illnesses have been passed from pillar to post for years. I think that duty of care across different specialities (is it blood? Brain? Spine? Hormone? Etc) needs to be improved. All seem happier to refer than to work with their counterparts. Like I say it's what I do at work. And it doesn't mean any one is neglecting their patients. But my job isn't that important and people fall through the cracks as a result.

On the other hand my dad's cancers have been treated brilliantly and Catmag is blatantly a legend.