General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Course it does! You get these little things that you stand in the doorway and you can set it up as either a virtual wall (it will stop the roomba leaving the room altogether, so it will go back to its dock when it's finished) or a lighthouse (it'll not leave the room until it's completely finished the room, and once it has finished the lighthouse will let it go on to the next room). With the lighthouses, once it's gone from room to room, it uses the lighthouses to find its way back to the dock when it's finished all open areas.

Being Me.

Thankful for being fat and being on Toontastic because....

I changed the conservatory into a home gym

I joined a gym

I sold the home gym equipment

I remodelled the conservatory

I used spotify to play Italian music

I opened a bottle of red wine

I listened to more Italian music

Which lead me to Jet2

Which lead to Venice

Which lead me to parting with £380

Venice here I come baby....... :happygirl:

Non-essential staff at the Sellafield nuclear site in Cumbria have been asked to stay at home due to elevated radiation levels.

The cause of the higher reading is being investigated.

A statement said: "As a result of a conservative and prudent decision, the Sellafield site is operating normally but with reduced manning levels today.

"This follows the detection of elevated levels of radioactivity at one of the on-site radiation monitors at the north end of the site.

"Essential workers only are being asked to report for work.

"Levels of radioactivity detected are above naturally occurring radiation but well below that which would call for any actions to be taken by the workforce on or off the site."

A 2012 report by the National Audit Office said some facilities at the 68-year-old site had "deteriorated so much that their contents pose significant risks to people and the environment".

Sellafield, the UK's largest and most hazardous nuclear site, stores enough high and intermediate level radioactive waste to fill 27 Olympic-sized swimming pools.

The cost of cleaning up the waste at Sellafield has been put at £67.5bn.

Quite worrying when you read that because no government is going to win any election promising to spend 67 Biliion in Cumbria. Each one will leave the mess til the next one until........BOOM!

Didn't realise it was that old either.

Any clean up/ demolition of the older facilities will be a monumental ball-ache.

A couple of years ago I was contracted to help them in the first stages of demolishing a stack.

The inside had ledges every 10 feet or so, which where covered in thick dust.

The whole thing had to be cleaned without getting any airborne dust, prior to it being taken down brick by brick.

When the time taken to climb the to the top of the stack , and rigging, was factored in we would have had under 30 minutes of grafting before we were at the daily limit of radiation.

There were 6 blokes in the team, each one costing £ 500+ per day, for over a month.

After we were done, a scaffold for demolition needed building, under the same working restrictions, then the actual demolition.