General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Most pubs probably sway mackem, especially in the south of the town, round Marsden if that's where you've been spending time.... The Fountain, Bamburgh, Grey Hen, New Crown, County etc. I'm basing that on owners 15 years ago like.

More Northern bars on the banks of the Tyne are better for that. The Riverside, The Waterfront and Steamboat which don't put coaches on or owt, but will show definitely show Newcastle games rather than the mackems on a Saturday afternoon.

Only other one that springs to mind is The Westoe. Maybe The Mariner as well.

I was in the Fountain Friday night, and The Marsden Inn later on Saturday night, live band on. One thing I will say, apart from my better half, the people in South Shields aren't as attractive as they are in Newcastle, mind I'd say the whole of South Tyneside is guilty of this too.

Most pubs probably sway mackem, especially in the south of the town, round Marsden if that's where you've been spending time.... The Fountain, Bamburgh, Grey Hen, New Crown, County etc.  I'm basing that on owners 15 years ago like.

More Northern bars on the banks of the Tyne are better for that.  The Riverside, The Waterfront and Steamboat which don't put coaches on or owt, but will show definitely show Newcastle games rather than the mackems on a Saturday afternoon.

Only other one that springs to mind is The Westoe.  Maybe The Mariner as well.

Last time I was up The County was still mainly a red & white haunt but the manager was a hard little bastard of a Leeds fan who took no shit from the cunts.

Last time I was up The County was still mainly a red & white haunt but the manager was a hard little bastard of a Leeds fan who took no shit from the cunts.

Aye, they still have the Leeds pendant up but I think they run a coach up to the SOL. Certainly all the young ones who haunt the pool room are mackems because a lad I go to games with is mates with them and is in a running war of words :D

I was in the Fountain Friday night, and The Marsden Inn later on Saturday night, live band on. One thing I will say, apart from my better half, the people in South Shields aren't as attractive as they are in Newcastle, mind I'd say the whole of South Tyneside is guilty of this too.

Fountain was my local for ten year. Marsden inn was always a shithole though. Nice enough place, but the clientele were all from Horsely Hill. Second only to the Woodbine for radgies.

You're right it's full of hounds.

I was too good looking so had to leave ;)

I worked in Sunderland for years, there can't be many worse places in Western Europe. I'm nee snob, but the people are almost exclusively common as fuck. South Shields I find the people a lot more refined than geordies or mackems tbh, and Marsden is really nice. Sea front is beautiful as I say I honestly prefer it to Tynemouth and Whitley Bay.

Went to the Marsden Grotto pub a few times in the 80s

Whereabouts did you work? Like most places it has some nice and some bad. Biddick Hall being the extreme end of the bad.

At the hospital. Harton Lane, just down from the Nook. But I worked in the community so know my way around Shields/Jarrow/Hebburn as well as anywhere

Took my wife there on our first date in the 80's. Smooth bastard that I am then put "three times a lady" on the jukebox. :)

"Thanks for the times that you've given me

The memories are all in my mind

And now that we've come to the end of our rainbow..."

Aye, perfect first date song. :lol:

Took my wife there on our first date in the 80's. Smooth bastard that I am then put "three times a lady" on the jukebox. :)

Surprised it wasn't " two pints of lager and a packet of crisps "

Edited by trooper

Which ’90s Alt-Rock Dude Are You?

1. You got: Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day

enhanced-buzz-25356-1391449538-2.jpg

You’re goofy and kind of a brat, but sometimes you surprise people with very clever insights about the world around you. You identify with losers and weirdos, but you’re definitely not an underachiever.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/which-90s-alt-rock-dude-are-you

800,000 yr old human footprints, the oldest outside of Africa, discovered on Norfolk Coast.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26025763

( print pattern analysis suspects they were a group of five individuals, fleeing from an unknown hazard.

In an incredible coincidence, the first known writing was discovered on rocks , metres away, which, after years of study, scientists with book learning have deciphered as

" I TOLD YOU I WAS RIGHT, ANSWER THE QUESTION!" ).

800,000 yr old human footprints, the oldest outside of Africa, discovered on Norfolk Coast.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26025763

( print pattern analysis suspects they were a group of five individuals, fleeing from an unknown hazard.

In an incredible coincidence, the first known writing was discovered on rocks , metres away, which, after years of study, scientists with book learning have deciphered as

" I TOLD YOU I WAS RIGHT, ANSWER THE QUESTION!" ).

:lol:

Which ’90s Alt-Rock Dude Are You?

1. You got: Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day
    enhanced-buzz-25356-1391449538-2.jpg
    You’re goofy and kind of a brat, but sometimes you surprise people with very clever insights about the world around you. You identify with losers and weirdos, but you’re definitely not an underachiever.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/which-90s-alt-rock-dude-are-you

You got: Kurt Cobain from Nirvana
:lol: