General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

3 hours ago, NJS said:

Royal Mail and Parcel force used to be collectable in four hours but it's now next day. 

I've found since amazon started doing their own, they're pretty good - though I just ask them to leave things in my garage which they do without problem. 

DPD used to be the worst of the lot but they've improved - you can download their app and reschedule or state a delivery preference even before first delivery. 

DPD are fucking hopeless. They once delivered a £600 guitar to the wrong house and some utter stranger signed for it. I had to get it back myself and the fucker wouldn't answer the door for ages.

They also "lost" a PS4 Pro and had to go

an get another one.

Aye DPD turned up at my house last week. I'd signed for the parcel when I realised it was for next door. I told the bloke and he let out this massive sigh cos he'd pressed all his buttons on his little remote.

"Well you knocked on the wrong door, dickhead."

45 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Guitars are good and facilitate creative expression and discipline.

and nerdy conversations that can only happen between white men in the throes of a mid-life crises.

Anybody talking about that kind of stuff sounds ridiculous, not even Kid Rock would sound cool talking about active pick-ups.

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

You alright fish? You seem a bit edgy lately.

Edgy? 

I don't handle change very well, I like routines and gradual, manageable progress. Just bought a car, getting married soon, put offers in for a couple of houses, only been at this job for 3 1/2months, part of this new job involved travelling, which isn't something I've done a lot of... we'll be trying for kids in 2018, buying a dog, moving house again, she'll likely be changing the role of her job which might mean a lot of travel...

I need the opposite of this gif;

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Aw man

Don't buy a dog.

Nah, they're very good for anxiety and depression and stuff. :good:

Or did you mean don't buy a dog because that gif shows a dog wearing a hat (never make a dog wear clothes, it's lame and stupid), drinking coffee (pretty sure that's poisonous for dogs), and the house is on fire?

Edited by The Fish

Nah, dogs are just a faff.

tbf as flippant as that remark was if you're having to travel a lot and your other half is too, as well as looking to have kids and buy a house etc. then the dog would be the first thing I'd knock off that list as "can wait til later". If you're going to be away a lot how are you going to look after a dog?

26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Nah, dogs are just a faff.

tbf as flippant as that remark was if you're having to travel a lot and your other half is too, as well as looking to have kids and buy a house etc. then the dog would be the first thing I'd knock off that list as "can wait til later". If you're going to be away a lot how are you going to look after a dog?

I won't be travelling that much to be honest, it just so happened that the project I'm working on needed me to go to Bath and Edinburgh.

She'll be going from Manchester to Nottingham or up to Sunderland, but only 2 days a week max and even then it'll be journeys she'll do in a day. It's not like she'll need to be away for weeks on end.

Also, the company I now work for is moving offices and will have a doggy-daycare company on site. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

So...don't have kids?

You're thinking about this wrong mate, all the things that are happening are good things and things that I want to happen. It's just that I don't handle change very well, unfortunately circumstances dictate that things happen within this timeframe. 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

You're thinking about this wrong mate, all the things that are happening are good things and things that I want to happen. It's just that I don't handle change very well, unfortunately circumstances dictate that things happen within this timeframe. 

Oh I know, again, being flippant.

If it helps, getting married and buying a house are as difficult and stressful as you choose make them, they were a breeze for us.

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Oh I know, again, being flippant.

If it helps, getting married and buying a house are as difficult and stressful as you choose make them, they were a breeze for us.

Should be plain(er) sailing for us, no chain, flexible move-date, etc.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

What happened to 'Danger Dave'?

He's had to hang up the Comedy Cape, the Bravado Balaclava, and the Football Fez.

:cry:

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol:

Pretending you don't like change to drop in all that life boasting. 

Boasting?

You don't know the half of it ;)