Reaching Europe

JawD

All things being well, we may just scrape in by reaching 7th. Long shot at the moment but the teams around us have some tricky ties. Also assuming we can get the points we'd expect. Being positive, I chucked these together...

Newcastle

Wigan (H) 3

Sunderland (A) 3

West Brom (H) 3

Brum (A) 1

Chelsea (H) 1

Current 45

TOTAL 56

Blackburn

Liverpool (H) - 0

Birmingham (A) - 1

Charlton (A) - 1

Chelsea (H) - 0

Man City (H) - 3

Current - 54 points

TOTAL 59 points

Bolton

Chelsea (H) 0

West Brom (A) 3

Charlton (H) 3

Spurs (A) 0

Brum (H) 1

Boro (H) 3

Current 48

TOTAL 58

Wigan

Newcastle (A) 0

Villa (H) 3

Fulham (A) 1

Pompy (H) 3

Arsenal (A) 0

Current 48

TOTAL 55

West Ham

Man City (H) 3

Boro (A) 1

Liverpool (H) 0

West Brom (A) 3

Spurs (H) 1

Current 46

TOTAL 54

Everton

Spurs (H) 1

Chelsea (H) 0

Brum (H) 3

Boro (A) 1

West Brom (H) 3

Current 45

TOTAL 53

Accurate? maybe...

Possible? maybe ...

Too much time on my hands? definately...

Edited by JawD

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all a bit ifs and buts, Bolton I think are the biggest threat. Or maybe ourselves. Quite possible to drop points against Wigan or down the road (as they will have had the final nail in before then). We also play West Brom and Brum who are fighting to stay up and that makes them both tricky. I've also said we'll get a point against by then champions Chelsea. If we lost then by my reconing Bolton would pip us on GD unless we can make up good ground against the likes of Sunderland and West Brom.

Personally, I'd be looking at our goal to avoid defeat till the end of the season now. We've got Wigan at home, 3 shite teams, and then a probable Chelsea team with fuck all to play for (depending on if they beat Manure at home). The only game I'm really worried out of all of them is the mackems. Haven't won a game at home in the league all season, nowt to play for, we could end up being the team they relegate. Yes, they're shite, but they'll be well up for it.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Almost the same predictions as I've come up with JawD.

However, I've got us down as being complacent against Wigan and only coming away from that game with a point.

I have us finishing the season in 9th.

All things being well, we may just scrape in by reaching 7th.  Long shot at the moment but the teams around us have some tricky ties.  Also assuming we can get the points we'd expect.  Being positive, I chucked these together...

Newcastle

Wigan (H) 3

Sunderland (A) 3

West Brom (H) 3

Brum  (A) 1

Chelsea  (H) 1

Current  45

TOTAL  56

Bolton

Chelsea (H) 0

West Brom  (A) 3

Charlton  (H) 3

Spurs (A) 0

Brum (H) 1

Current  48

TOTAL  55

Wigan

Newcastle  (A) 0

Villa (H) 3

Fulham  (A) 1

Pompy (H) 3

Arsenal (A) 0

Current  48

TOTAL  55

West Ham

Man City (H) 3

Boro (A) 1

Liverpool (H) 0

West Brom  (A) 3

Spurs (H) 1

Current  46

TOTAL  54

Everton

Spurs (H) 1

Chelsea (H) 0

Brum (H) 3

Boro (A) 1

West Brom  (H) 3

Current  45

TOTAL  53

Accurate? maybe...

Possible? maybe ...

Too much time on my hands? definately...

118671[/snapback]

Don't want to be a party-killer, but you've forgotten the Bolton tie against Middlesbrough at home... :D

Edited by janu

Ok, due to an oversight by sky and boltons homepage (not me you see). I missed their boro game which I have them for a home win. So, Ive updated my thingy and now have us as 8th.

Yeah, cheers boro.

Still, Im not giving up hope yet.....

Personally, I'd be looking at our goal to avoid defeat till the end of the season now. We've got Wigan at home, 3 shite teams, and then a probable Chelsea team with fuck all to play for (depending on if they beat Manure at home). The only game I'm really worried out of all of them is the mackems. Haven't won a game at home in the league all season, nowt to play for, we could end up being the team they relegate. Yes, they're shite, but they'll be well up for it.

118677[/snapback]

The mackems are going to relegate us? :D

Seventh probably isn't going to be enough for Europe anyway, is it?

118677[/snapback]

118690[/snapback]

Yes, I re-read that and realised my mistake. I meant us relegate them. Look, I'm busy, men can't multi task.... :lol:

I think we did - remember we get good gates (unlike the 'Boro)

I have exactly the same numbers as JawD

Its going to be tight but we might (just) do it

The UEFA cup is really shit now. Do we really make a lot of moola out of it?

118695[/snapback]

There's a reasonable prospect of winning it and it does bring some international recognition. I would love it, love it, if we won it.

That's why I'm worried about those smoggie twats lifting it.

118677[/snapback]

118690[/snapback]

Yes, I re-read that and realised my mistake. I meant us relegate them. Look, I'm busy, men can't multi task.... :lol:

118692[/snapback]

I would love us to relegate them. But it looks like ManU will do that for us......

I think its just out of reach unfortunately. Some of those horror shows away from home have cost us.

Its the inter two bob again this year.

118707[/snapback]

I'd say home games against Fulham, West Ham, Boro, Blackburn & Charlton have cost us more. (11 dropped points against those 5 teams)

118695[/snapback]

Next season we'll do a "Tottenham" then? No UEFA Cup, no FA Cup and no Carling Cup....but we'll qualify for the CL - Money or trophies? :D

118695[/snapback]

Next season we'll do a "Tottenham" then? No UEFA Cup, no FA Cup and no Carling Cup....but we'll qualify for the CL - Money or trophies? :D

118718[/snapback]

since we've had bugger all of either I don't really care TBH

I think its just out of reach unfortunately. Some of those horror shows away from home have cost us.

Its the inter two bob again this year.

118707[/snapback]

I'd say home games against Fulham, West Ham, Boro, Blackburn & Charlton have cost us more. (11 dropped points against those 5 teams)

118714[/snapback]

I'd say it was Souness that cost us, end of story. Be interested to see if NJM agrees.

Edited by Renton