Reaching Europe

JawD

"You couldnt make this up. Take your own advice Leazes

"You STILL miss the point and are making things up, and not reading posts, or both.""

Pierre, take my advice

DON'T get in a barney with leazes - hes just come off the anger management drugs

I spent MONTHs trying to help the poor lad but...... eventually it had to nbe the Mental Health Act

Just keep repeating "its a sickness and he can't really help it...."

125395[/snapback]

Rob....just the man to tell them how superior a club chairman like McKeag etc ran were in comparison to the last decade ...

Give it to them tiger, tell them how great he was

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I hate to stir the shit again, but I still think Luque, Kluivert and Owen were Fat Fred signings with little input from the manager. In the case of Owen, it's not always a bad thing having a chairman who's likes to stick his nose in, but as Luque and Kluivert hav shown, it can also be a little bit of a dangerous road to go down.

Well it's hardly doing to people's faces is it LM? Not that I'm bothered, more pointed out to that mong Stevie that he doesn't even realise the meaning of the phrase he's using. As for missing the point, I'm guessing you've just done it although LuckyPierre would need to confirm this.

125364[/snapback]

Yep, yet again

Rob....just the man to tell them how superior a club chairman like McKeag etc ran were in comparison to the last decade ...

125407[/snapback]

Similarly, the German economy's in the shit and unemployment is high, but the people are happy because at least Hitler isn't in charge. :lol:

Shit... Godwin's Law, automatic lock-in.

125407[/snapback]

Similarly, the German economy's in the shit and unemployment is high, but the people are happy because at least Hitler isn't in charge. :lol:

Shit... Godwin's Law, automatic lock-in.

125465[/snapback]

:lol:

To return to the topic that brilliant Dutch fan Bert Kassies who knows all there is to be knowed about Yuropean qualification, coefficients etc etc

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/

is still unsure of EXACTLY what criteria will be applied

Quote:-

"Data on this page are subject to changes because it is unknown whether the cup-holder spots will be used. Also the distribution of the Fair Play spots is yet unknown. And last but not least, the official UEFA Cup 2006/2007 access list has not yet been published."

Can we not wait and see. Just push on, win as many as we can and finish as high up the table as possible. Any talk of European football would have been laughed at in January, so anything we get is a bonus. The aim is to finish as strongly as possible and as high up the ladder and thus gaining the most in prize money.

FS decided that Fulham were messing us about regarding Boa Morte so he pulled the deal. Comes from someone on the staff at Fulham, so I'll take that over whatever anyone else thinks.

Depo offered us Luque because they were under pressure to sell, and didn't want to sell him to Barca or Real Madrid, both of whom made offers bigger than £9m.

So......if we beat Birmingham (away) at the weekend, and Blackburn lose to Charlton (away), we would be 3 points ahead of them, and whilst they'd have a game in hand, they'd have an inferior goal difference.

It's all gonna go down to a nasty nailbiter on the last day of the season isn't it? ;)

It's all gonna go down to a nasty nailbiter on the last day of the season isn't it? ;)

127141[/snapback]

No, because we've got Chelsea.

I think we might finish above Blackburn as they've got to play Chelsea too and, if they lose to Charlton and we beat Birmingham then it'll be goal difference that seperates us... assuming they beat Citeh, which I think they will.

I'm more concerned about Bolton. Even if they lose to Spurs, they're very likely to pickup 6 points from their last two home games (Borough and Brum) meaning we'd need at least a point against the Champions... oh and a 5 goal drubbing of Brum. ;)

I'm more concerned about Bolton. Even if they lose to Spurs, they're very likely to pickup 6 points from their last two home games (Borough and Brum) meaning we'd need at least a point against the Champions... oh and a 5 goal drubbing of Brum. ;)

127286[/snapback]

Especially as the Smoggies have to play 3 games in 6 days. They probably will field a stiffs-selection. I also don't think we will get more than 2 points from the last two games. IMHO with any luck we will get 7th place.

Our problem is aside from our own tough couple of games we are relying on the smogs and Charlton helping us out!!!

Well Charlton may as well pack up and take a holiday for all they do from January onwards and the smogs are going to be knackered and lets hope devastated from their two failed cup runs, so i don't expect too much from either.

We really have to hope the pressure gets to Bolton and/or Blackburn and they cock it up completely themselves.

Oh and a short term injury to Bellamy would be nice, because he is easilly the biggest factor in what Blackburn will do.