160752[/snapback]

Can you stay out of this thread please, non-attendee? :P

160755[/snapback]

Is it ok if we just "lurk" then... ;)

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 5-a-side wasn't that one sided imo. Considering there was a crocked jorman, a gall bladderless east anglian (I've been there, it's like Dune) and we kept putting on a   :P fresh  :rolleyes: player every 5 minutes or so then we'd have wanted our arses kicking if we didn't win. Like I say though, that first 10 minutes was unbelievably competitive, all sorts of limbs flying in.  ;)

160508[/snapback]

Competitive? :rolleyes: To what I am used to from my pub team this was rather like a game of women's football... :rolleyes:

160747[/snapback]

You say that now, but when I was towering over you on Saturday having kicked your entire arse, it was a very different story. :blush::blush:

160751[/snapback]

Yep, when having no football ability you do resort to kicking after others. Typical Englishman then. Shame that the match had to be abandoned due to Dantheman's pitch invasion. We still would have had enough time for a penalty shoot out...

160757[/snapback]

:icon_lol: I was told the game had finished! :(

So are people up for more regular games of footy, and i say this despite the fact my legs have still been crippled today from saturday!!!

160764[/snapback]

OK I'm up for it, I'll consider the Piss up match as the away leg, I'll book a pitch down here for next week, ok ?

;)

The 5-a-side wasn't that one sided imo. Considering there was a crocked jorman, a gall bladderless east anglian (I've been there, it's like Dune) and we kept putting on a   :P fresh  :rolleyes: player every 5 minutes or so then we'd have wanted our arses kicking if we didn't win. Like I say though, that first 10 minutes was unbelievably competitive, all sorts of limbs flying in.  ;)

160508[/snapback]

Competitive? :rolleyes: To what I am used to from my pub team this was rather like a game of women's football... :rolleyes:

160747[/snapback]

You say that now, but when I was towering over you on Saturday having kicked your entire arse, it was a very different story. :icon_lol::blush:

160751[/snapback]

Yep, when having no football ability you do resort to kicking after others. Typical Englishman then. Shame that the match had to be abandoned due to Dantheman's pitch invasion. We still would have had enough time for a penalty shoot out...

160757[/snapback]

B) I was told the game had finished! :blush:

160767[/snapback]

Daniel man, you're supposed to be a fucking referee! Normally when 10 blokes are still kicking the ball around on a 5-a-side court, the match is still in progress....

Speaking of 5-a-side, I must be a glutten for punishment as I agreed to play for work this evening despite my legs feeling like two lumps of lead. Only it wasn't 5-a-side, it was 3 v 4-a-side and I was on the side which had 3!

Compound that with the fact that there was no air-con on, I'm surprised I'm still walking. We still won though plus I bagged 7 goals including a cracking shot from within my own half...........wonder what that reminds me of, eh Pud? :(

So are people up for more regular games of footy, and i say this despite the fact my legs have still been crippled today from saturday!!!

160764[/snapback]

After my quite astounding performance following 10 years out of the game, I'm up for making it a full-time comeback.

160764[/snapback]

only if you manage to buy a pair of trainers man, them steel toe cap boots were murder on the rest of us. ;)

160764[/snapback]

only if you manage to buy a pair of trainers man, them steel toe cap boots were murder on the rest of us. ;)

160804[/snapback]

it certainly gave him an "edge".

160764[/snapback]

After my quite astounding performance following 10 years out of the game, I'm up for making it a full-time comeback.

160802[/snapback]

I'm sure your sterling performaces will go on and on, especially if you continue to play whilst camouflaged as the opposition ;)

160764[/snapback]

160802[/snapback]

I'm sure your sterling performaces will go on and on, especially if you continue to play whilst camouflaged as the opposition :rolleyes:

160807[/snapback]

;)

The number of times I hoyed the ball out in his direction thinking he was one of ours probably accounted for the goals he scored for them tbh

160764[/snapback]

160802[/snapback]

I'm sure your sterling performaces will go on and on, especially if you continue to play whilst camouflaged as the opposition :P

160807[/snapback]

;)

The number of times I hoyed the ball out in his direction thinking he was one of ours probably accounted for the goals he scored for them tbh

160812[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Listen to the pair of you and your excuses. Craig, you never once threw the ball out to me. :rolleyes:

160764[/snapback]

160802[/snapback]

I'm sure your sterling performaces will go on and on, especially if you continue to play whilst camouflaged as the opposition :P

160807[/snapback]

;)

160812[/snapback]

Listen to the pair of you and your excuses. Craig, you never once threw the ball out to me. :rolleyes:

160819[/snapback]

tbqh I couldn't tell you who the hell I threw it out to, I'm blind as a bat without me specs on! :rolleyes:

160764[/snapback]

160804[/snapback]

160805[/snapback]

You should try playing in them, they're not made for football and i spent half my time re-tying my laces! And luckilly they weren't steel toe capped, or else i really would have had an edge!

160764[/snapback]

160802[/snapback]

W'll have enough people in not time, its obviously given everyone the desire to play footy again after years in retirment!

160764[/snapback]

160804[/snapback]

160805[/snapback]

You should try playing in them, they're not made for football and i spent half my time re-tying my laces! And luckilly they weren't steel toe capped, or else i really would have had an edge!

160821[/snapback]

At least you have an excuse !!

I have no honest reason for my Dr Stephen Hawking-like performance other than for just being shite !

Well I am absolutely gutted I couldn't make it. :rolleyes: I'm sure Cath passed on that some fucking bastard broke into the flat on Friday night while we were all inside asleep and made off with the TV, DVD player and both my flatmates lost their laptops. I'm at work and busy so I haven't had the chance to go through the thread completely so I'm just going to assume that everyone had fun except for Cath (from the texts I got it seemed she missed me a little too much). ;) But yeah, I guess the only positive was that none of my stuff was pinched.

Alright Steve, sorry to hear about your place getting burgled. I bet you were fuming when you got up to discover that. In a way it's a good thing that you slept through it as you don't know what the little shits would have been capable of if disturbed, but at the same time I'm sure you wished you'd bumped into them with a baseball bat in hand. Hope you get everything sorted anyway.

Aye that's bad craic that like - sorry to hear about your place being done over but as Scott says, perhaps lucky you knew nothing about it...

Damned shame you couldn't make it up, but we understand mate...

Was it just me btw, or did Jimbo's accent sound a bit like he'd spent a few years living in Australia?  It definitely had a bit of an Aussie twang to it for me. ;)

161434[/snapback]

Pulled a muscle in his voicebox, during a particularly vigorous spot of self-abuse.

Was it just me btw, or did Jimbo's accent sound a bit like he'd spent a few years living in Australia?  It definitely had a bit of an Aussie twang to it for me. :rolleyes:

161434[/snapback]

Pulled a muscle in his voicebox, during a particularly vigorous spot of self-abuse.

161435[/snapback]

What on earth was he abusing at the time? ;)

Was it just me btw, or did Jimbo's accent sound a bit like he'd spent a few years living in Australia?  It definitely had a bit of an Aussie twang to it for me. :rolleyes:

161434[/snapback]

161435[/snapback]

161436[/snapback]

Is he one of these lucky people who have the good fortune to be double jointed and well enough endowed to.......

161434[/snapback]

161435[/snapback]

161436[/snapback]

Is he one of these lucky people who have the good fortune to be double jointed and well enough endowed to.......

161459[/snapback]

If he was, I doubt he'd take the time out from servicing himself to post on here tbh.