IT'S ROEDER!

snakehips

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question re the scenario on .com: Why would the FA need to 'rubber-stamp' the appointment of Roeder? ;)

He (Roeder) has already been given the go-ahead to see the job through till the end of the season. That leaves between now and the start of next season to get this 'Tufty Club badge' which is, apparently, un-failable.

Surely NUFC could announce him now, if indeed they have decided he is 'the man'??

Anybody else sick of FFS's "We haven't ruloed anybody in / out". When I hear it I want to scream "WELL YOU HAVE TO SOMETIME YOU FAT FUCK!".

127244[/snapback]

Yes, I reckon Fat Fred still doesn't have the slightest clue who is going to be manager.

Roeder's done a good job to pick up the shit left behind by Souness, but our total lack of competitiveness against Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U under him has been a worry. All three could and should have quite easily stuffed us. This club needs a manager who can take it up a level.

Roeder's done a good job to pick up the shit left behind by Souness, but our total lack of competitiveness against Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U under him has been a worry. All three could and should have quite easily stuffed us. This club needs a manager who can take it up a level.

127259[/snapback]

I don't really buy that argument, because the fact is that we don't have the players to compete with Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea. And that's not Roeder's fault. Yes, they could have competed better on the day, but it's a long term thing getting us back on a par with that lot.

Here's Oliver's bit from the Chron btw:

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

I don't really buy that argument, because the fact is that we don't have the players to compete with Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea. 

Do you think the likes of Bolton do? They have put in some good performances against the top teams in recent seasons..

I don't really buy that argument, because the fact is that we don't have the players to compete with Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea. 

Do you think the likes of Bolton do? They have put in some good performances against the top teams in recent seasons..

127266[/snapback]

So've we. They don't do it every time they play the top teams though. Neither do we.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

First bit about it in the Chron.

127258[/snapback]

I find it hard to believe that not one person interviewed cast any aspersions on him becoming manager. I hate to say it but, expectations lowered; too many people seem to be using Souness as the bench-mark.

I'm very happy with what Roeder's done since he came in, but I have serious doubts that he's good enough to break Newcastle back into the top 4 and perform consistently in the Champion's League. Having said that, it's all relative and we could do a lot worse.

Weve also had key players out for much of the season. If Roeder gets the foundatiosn of a good team and have them fit then he can build on them.

His tactics have been good unlike Souness IMO.