• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freak !!!

_41771478_crouchmisspa416.jpg

149290[/snapback]

All he's missing is a Twister mat! :D

(oh, and the ability to score a goal.... :( )

(PS - yes I know he scored ;) )

Agree totally about the long ball thing.  I feel sorry for Owen - he's clearly not on form, but in both games he's been taken off just as Sven changes the game more to suit his style.  Firstly playing Cole in behind Crouch, it should have been Cole in behind Owen.  Then bringing Rooney on today, it clearly should have been Rooney paired with Owen.

At the end of the day you can't argue too much because Crouch stays on and scores, but it's so fucking frustrating the way Sven makes decisions sometimes.  I'm very concerned at the prospect of Rooney-Crouch becoming the preferred strikeforce for the remainder of the tournament.

149286[/snapback]

They were preparing the sub when Owen missed that header - would loved him to have scored just to prove your point.

England won't go very far unless owen gets fit.

I also agree completely with Leazes.

How about Becks at right back (allowin him to get the odd deep cross in) and Gerrard on the right/roaming. Carrick in the middle keeping control....

149353[/snapback]

Agreed, and with Lennon an option from the bench, that would be better than the shit we saw today.

How about Becks at right back (allowin him to get the odd deep cross in) and Gerrard on the right/roaming. Carrick in the middle keeping control....

149353[/snapback]

Agreed, and with Lennon an option from the bench, that would be better than the shit we saw today.

149358[/snapback]

Can't see it happening, although he has played RB a couple of times for Madrid hasn't he?

What I essentially meant was that if England played like that pre-Rooney against one of the better countries you would lose. No imagination, no flair, lazy defence.

I can see them improving as the tournament moves on.

What was with the crowd singing god save the queen 50 million times? Atmosphere was very poor for an England match tbh.

149256[/snapback]

I'm not taking tips on how to play football from an Aussie! ;)

I always get the feeling with England that we will never get turned over, we will just play down to the oppositions level and manage to scrape a result. Sven needs to grow some balls and drop Crouch, Lampard and Beckham. They were all fucking useless today. Rooney, Carrick and Lennon could do a much better job than those three.

What I essentially meant was that if England played like that pre-Rooney against one of the better countries you would lose. No imagination, no flair, lazy defence.

What was with the crowd singing god save the queen 50 million times? Atmosphere was very poor for an England match tbh.

149256[/snapback]

I always get the feeling with England that we will never get turned over, we will just play down to the oppositions level and manage to scrape a result. Sven needs to grow some balls and drop Crouch, Lampard and Beckham. They were all fucking useless today. Rooney, Carrick and Lennon could do a much better job than those three.

149369[/snapback]

I've got to leap to the defence of Beckham, I think he's been one of the few to come out with any credit so far for me.

149256[/snapback]

149369[/snapback]

I've got to leap to the defence of Beckham, I think he's been one of the few to come out with any credit so far for me.

149374[/snapback]

He's been awful in my book. Over hit every ball that he's had at his feet.

149256[/snapback]

149369[/snapback]

149374[/snapback]

149377[/snapback]

As much as I think he is overrated as a footballer I think he is one of the best at producing crosses as he has shown in the last few games prior to tonight. That is all he gives the team but he is good enough at it to keep him in the team.

I'm half day as the big screen in Manchster has been hoyed off ;)  and I wouldnt have stood a chance of getting home in time otherwise. Mint. Predictions then. NOW! Come on you 9-5 monkeys!

2-0 England

149009[/snapback]

tbh

149256[/snapback]

149369[/snapback]

149374[/snapback]

149377[/snapback]

As much as I think he is overrated as a footballer I think he is one of the best at producing crosses as he has shown in the last few games prior to tonight. That is all he gives the team but he is good enough at it to keep him in the team.

149410[/snapback]

past his best but came up with 2 assists today. i loath him as a player (because he played for manyoo) but have to say that he's the world cups leading assist maker.

if it weren't for him we'd have 2 0-0's! scary...

Anyone seen The Metro today? The headline on the front page is: 'Ere we Toba-go! and the one on the back is We are th-Roo!

Jesus wept. Should have been: Late Nuremberg Rally tbh ;)

Anyone seen The Metro today? The headline on the front page is: 'Ere we Toba-go! and the one on the back is We are th-Roo!

Jesus wept. Should have been: Late Nuremberg Rally tbh :D

149495[/snapback]

;)