England v Sweden

Gemmill

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard supposedly next sub on.  Sven, you prick, put Carrick on.  Jenas even ffs.  Why risk a booking for Gerrard for the sake of 20 minutes?

And why the fuck did you take Walcott????????

151308[/snapback]

EXACTLY my thoughts at the time. But fair do's to Sven. He gets slagged for his changes but Gerrard came on and cleared off the line then scored.

Have to say it worked out this time.

As soon as England meet anyone half decent their going out, unless they some how miraclously start playing as a team. For me there's to many players being carried or not playing to their full potential i.e Beckham, other than free kicks, corners and looking good can someone tell me what he does, he certainly can't tackle or go past a man.

I had a bet on England HT and Draw FT, 14-1!

151324[/snapback]

Nice.

How much did you have on it?

151326[/snapback]

A whole £1! :lol:

Had a quid in my pocket when I walked past the bookies today... if only it was a fiver eh!

Hargreaves was class tonight.

Joe Cole was awesome, but I'm very concerned over Owen. Hopefully Rooney and Crouch would work as a partnership, providing they stay fit.

I doubt Walcott will get a game at all now. Nice squad selection Sven.

Hargreaves was class tonight.

Joe Cole was awesome, but I'm very concerned over Owen. Hopefully Rooney and Crouch would work as a partnership, providing they stay fit.

I doubt Walcott will get a game at all now. Nice squad selection Sven.

151345[/snapback]

Yeah gotta agree, Hargreaves did impress me in what is clearly his best position and let Lampard (shite again) attack more, even if Gerrard did more in 10 mins then Lampard did all game.

I think that when Owen went off so early it would have been an opportune moment to put Walcott on to partner Rooney and see what he could do on the biggest stage of all.

I would have rather the Turnip, sorry Swede, had not used Crouch.

And why Hargreaves before Carrick.

And why not....

And why.......

And.....

Well at least one good thing's come out of last night - the BBC and ITV might finally shut up about how plucky and brave Trinidad and Tobago have been. No goals in 270 minutes, four conceded and shite-all to show for their efforts. Now fuck off back to League Two.

To be honest, Owen's injury ruined it for me last night. I'm sure he would have got at least a goal if he'd made the right runs.

Hargreaves and J. Cole had great games, Crouch was abysmal. Hopefully Gerrard will play in his place against Ecuador.

The frustrating part is that England under Sven always look like they're playing within themselves. You see Lampard and Gerrard running games in the EPL every week yet they've been for the most part pretty anonymous. However, at the same time we have lots of match winners, bit like Brazil really.

From a selfish 'I'd-rather-NUFC-won-a-throw-in-than-England-win-the-world-cup' stance, I hope Owen is alright for the start of the season...although I fear the worst.

I don't think there's any chance of him being ready for the start of the season tbh. Not the way all the players and Sven are going on about how "it looks a bad one". I hope I'm wrong (and I obviously have no medical expertise), but I think it'll be getting on for the New Year before we see him play for us. :lol:

Great. I feared that when England would play us they might raise their game to the occasion. Now it will be fun as I will go to Stuttgart which is just down the road from where I live with a couple of English frieds. I'll just have to buy an Equador shirt before...

I'd love it if Sweden beat the Germans.  LOVE IT! :lol:

151418[/snapback]

Not a hope in hell Sweden are a tedious side and wholly controllable.

People have already forgotten we totally dominated the first half.

Hargreaves was lucky to stay on the pitch last night more than 70% of his tackles were actually fouls. Lucky the ref was so wet.

151445[/snapback]

You dont see him week in week out for Munich etc etc tbh. :lol:

Did you hear Southgate last night? "I think Hargreaves comes in for a lot of unfair criticism" Tildsley: Why Gareth? " Because people dont see him week in week out for Munich!" No shit Sherlock-and how is THAT relevant??? Yes it's comfort enough for me that he has great games in the German league - that makes up for the fact he's consistently utterly fucking abysmal for us.

To be fair to him he played well last night in a limited spoiling role against a very limited opposition. Though youre right he did foul an awful lot.

To be honest, Owen's injury ruined it for me last night. I'm sure he would have got at least a goal if he'd made the right runs.

Hargreaves and J. Cole had great games, Crouch was abysmal. Hopefully Gerrard will play in his place against Ecuador.

151397[/snapback]

Owen's injury spoilt the whole bloody night for me. My lass didn't do herself any favours like....

Me: Fuck, Owen's injured!

Her: He's been shit anyway.

Me: But he plays for Newcastle AND he's injured...AGAIN!!!

Her: So, atleast Crouch can come on now. I like Crouch

She claims to be a Newcastle fan aswell :lol:

151397[/snapback]

Owen's injury spoilt the whole bloody night for me. My lass didn't do herself any favours like....

Me: Fuck, Owen's injured!

Her: He's been shit anyway.

Me: But he plays for Newcastle AND he's injured...AGAIN!!!

Her: So, atleast Crouch can come on now. I like Crouch

She claims to be a Newcastle fan aswell :lol:

151483[/snapback]

Forgive the candour, but when your missus is basically saying that Crouch is eye candy then you have to take a very long (or very short) look in the mirror.