North Korea

sweetleftpeg

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's all to paint a picture on the domestic front though, isn't it? If it is, that suggests that he actually is under internal pressure on the home front, to some degree. I'm not sure exactly how, but it's there nonetheless.

No it isn't. He is as safe as houses in his little puppet kingdom.

He is just trying to legitimise his regime externally and has an aim to get sanctioning countries to the bargaining table. Trump will not have a bar of it, in fact if it were up to him he would have bombed the shit out of them already.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don't think he is. I think his plan with the nuclear weapons development is an attempt to ward off any external attempts on his power but it's going to have the opposite effect.

I can't see where tbh.

Just now, Ken said:

No it isn't. He is as safe as houses in his little puppet kingdom.

He is just trying to legitimise his regime externally and has an aim to get sanctioning countries to the bargaining table. Trump will not have a bar of it, in fact if it were up to him he would have bombed the shit out of them already.

Yeah fair enough I suppose. Hard to imagine a state exists where he has absolute domestic control but I suppose that's how it is. Impressive regime, based on that. I wondered to a degree if he felt a need to pander to his generals, and put up a strong front - see off any potential coup.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Yeah fair enough I suppose. Hard to imagine a state exists where he has absolute domestic control but I suppose that's how it is. Impressive regime, based on that. I wondered to a degree if he felt a need to pander to his generals, and put up a strong front - see off any potential coup.

He had his own uncle, a high ranked general iirc, killed for nodding off at some get together while Kim was speaking. Tied up and had a rocket fired at him I believe.

Just now, Ken said:

He had his own uncle, a high ranked general iirc, killed for nodding off at some get together while Kim was speaking. Tied up and had a rocket fired at him I believe.

Was an anti-aircraft gun wasn't it? :lol: Yep, I get what you're saying. Still though, hard to imagine there isn't some manner of domestic front. Human beings are not exactly compliant.

1 minute ago, Ken said:

Nah, that was Slim Pickings

1 minute ago, Ken said:

Where it will have an opposite effect.

They've rattled Trump, pissed off their only real ally, China, and are facing further massive economic santions. You don't think that any of that has weakend Kim and his nation?

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They've rattled Trump, pissed off their only real ally, China, and are facing further massive economic santions. You don't think that any of that has weakend Kim and his nation?

Rattle Trump? A goal they have achieved. NK knows America can't do anything militarily without severe repercussions.

China aren't happy, but will not intervene. China still sees NK as a buffer zone irrespective of NK's recklessness.

Sanctions will only be effective if China participate, not merely through words but actions.

10 minutes ago, Ken said:

Rattle Trump? A goal they have achieved. NK knows America can't do anything militarily without severe repercussions.

China aren't happy, but will not intervene. China still sees NK as a buffer zone irrespective of NK's recklessness.

Sanctions will only be effective if China participate, not merely through words but actions.

What would the repercussions be? China are losing patience with NK. Of course they don't want the US controlling an area on their doorstep but they realise that if NK were to take aim at Guam then the US would have no option but to retaliate militarily and China could not oppose it.

China and Russia have agreed to the ban of coal and iron from NK and this will have a significant effect on North Korean resources.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What would the repercussions be? China are losing patience with NK. Of course they don't want the US controlling an area on their doorstep but they realise that if NK were to take aim at Guam then the US would have no option but to retaliate militarily and China could not oppose it.

China and Russia have agreed to the ban of coal and iron from NK and this will have a significant effect on North Korean resources.

NK realise that if they took aim at Guam then it ensures the annihilation of its regime. They wouldn't do it. They are acting like gangsters hoping that it will eventually bring the US, SK, Japan and China to the negotiating table to come to some agreement that favours NK regarding sanctions.

The only thing that will bring NK to its knees, in my opinion, is a major natural disaster unfortunately. It is prone to drought and floods and this brings along with it mass famine. Misery on this scale brings about dissent against authority. Kim would be happy to sacrifice his kingdom population to make a 'sacrifice' against 'aggressive' and 'unjust' sanctions but a major human catastrophe may induce revolution from within.

In my opinion we are just being fed an ongoing soap opera to keep us all on our toes.

There's more things to worry about in life than what some fake arsed nuclear nonsensical nations put out to constantly worry the populations.

It's like a big bloody Hollywood type charade with ready to show and go, props.

5 minutes ago, wolfy said:

In my opinion we are just being fed an ongoing soap opera to keep us all on our toes.

There's more things to worry about in life than what some fake arsed nuclear nonsensical nations put out to constantly worry the populations.

It's like a big bloody Hollywood type charade with ready to show and go, props.

It was detected because it triggered a 6.3 Richter earthquake Wolfy. How do you fake that?

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

It was detected because it triggered a 6.3 Richter earthquake Wolfy. How do you fake that?

Maybe by simply making a pretence of a missile explosion out of a genuine earthquake.

53 minutes ago, wolfy said:

Maybe by simply making a pretence of a missile explosion out of a genuine earthquake.

This idiot believes in earthquakes! :lol: 

• Like 1