North Korea

sweetleftpeg

15 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Some interesting stuff on 5Live about Korea tonight.  They were in Soeul and talking to people about their neighours.

They mentioned what Korea looked like from space at night.  Its bonkers!

QnLLAmF.jpg

Aye it's bonkers alright. It's bonkers to think that most of the populations of the known world can be duped by game players.

A question you need to ask is, how can a missile actually go that far.

If is doesn't have wings and fly like a plane then it has to act like an arrow to reach distance.

This means it has to lift off and immediately start arcing, then carry enough fuel to enable it to reach a distant target.

ICBM's are basically nonsense. Scare tactics.

Ballistic missiles are real but there's no such thing as nukes in them..

4 hours ago, wolfy said:

If is doesn't have wings and fly like a plane then it has to act like an arrow to reach distance.

This means it has to lift off and immediately start arcing, then carry enough fuel to enable it to reach a distant target.

My cousin in North Korea paints the patterns on the side of the ICBM's. Says they're real.

North Korean's just really hate the Pacific sea.

6 hours ago, wolfy said:

keep telling yourself that, you utter fruitcake

6 hours ago, wolfy said:

:lol: The future of your nation is in safe hands with people like you in it.

On 13/09/2017 at 6:51 PM, wykikitoon said:

Some interesting stuff on 5Live about Korea tonight.  They were in Soeul and talking to people about their neighours.

They mentioned what Korea looked like from space at night.  Its bonkers!

QnLLAmF.jpg

I've never seen that before, crazy like.

Funnily enough, I'm reading through Nothing to Envy, which, I think, Ant recommended and it's well worth a read if you're interested in what actually happens/ed through the 90s to get them to this point. It frames it with a human interest angle so it's not some dry history textbook but the author talks about how it's completely disorienting at night since even the 'ambient' light you take for granted at home (lamp posts, headlights, shop signs etc) are completely gone so there's no way to actually tell where you are.

Also, they make young men sign agreements IN BLOOD that they'll fight for North Korea, if there's ever a war :lol: 

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Also, they make young men sign agreements IN BLOOD that they'll fight for North Korea, if there's ever a war :lol: 

Similar in China champion. Not by blood, but by swearing allegiance to the Party and not the state.

It is fucked up and complicated.

6 minutes ago, Ant said:

just picked this up as well https://www.amazon.co.uk/Without-You-There-No-Us/dp/0307720659 not started it yet though only arrived yesterday but  it's gotten good reviews

(albeit just noticed not so much on amazon so maybe it's not as good as i heard,  so can't say i'm recommending it yet!)

Read it first. I can't do it. I know enough of the country over many years of analysing. North Korea is the Soviet Union of post WW2. Unforgiving.

1 minute ago, Ken said:

Read it first. I can't do it. I know enough of the country over many years of analysing. North Korea is the Soviet Union of post WW2. Unforgiving.

I thought I had shit hobbies