Office phrases

Smooth Operator

Next time try a game of Bullshit Bingo:

bullshitwd1.jpg

We tried it once, it was great watching everyone trying to stifle the giggles.

My previous boss used to go on about 'getting a flavour' for something. He also used 'touch base' when he felt he'd been 'out of the loop'. There were a few more I can't remember now. Jesus wept tbh.

That is why I could never work in an office! Cleaning vomit off homeless people on a saturday night is preferable to brown nosing cunts like that tbh! I think id permanently feel like tim from the office.

161576[/snapback]

I do neither, makes me the winner.

"Stakeholders" is a popular term our way and can have anything upto 37 different meanings.

I always get a mental image of a vampire hunter whenever its said ;)

"Stakeholders" is a popular term our way and can have anything upto 37 different meanings.

I always get a mental image of a vampire hunter whenever its said  ;)

161580[/snapback]

Isn't everyone who has any involvement in your business a stakeholder? From employees to suppliers to customers etc.? A really useful phrase then :rolleyes:

I always get a mental image of a vampire hunter whenever its said  ;)

161580[/snapback]

Isn't everyone who has any involvement in your business a stakeholder? From employees to suppliers to customers etc.? A really useful phrase then :rolleyes:

161582[/snapback]

Exactly.

mind you - the dwp still isnt as bad as andersen consulting was. when we were outsources to them we were ositive there was soe sort of calender given to staff with a particular buzzword for that week.

one bloke i worked with used to take the piss by dropping absurd words into every conversation with the andersen people.

his favourite was "gyroscopic". ;)

I recall we had a manager once that would mix his phrases up, one classic was:

"you can take a horse to water, but you can't make it put its foot on the ladder"

This is the same manager that claimed his hotel room had a suzuki in the bath.

That is why I could never work in an office! Cleaning vomit off homeless people on a saturday night is preferable to brown nosing cunts like that tbh! I think id permanently feel like tim from the office.

161576[/snapback]

I wouldn't. Just "suck it and see"

One I've been hearing lately is 'thought showers'. The worst part of this is that people are using it instead of the old bullshitter phrase of 'brain storming' because it's classed as un-PC against Epileptics. ;)

One I've been hearing lately is 'thought showers'. The worst part of this is that people are using it instead of the old bullshitter phrase of 'brain storming' because it's classed as un-PC against Epileptics.  ;)

161598[/snapback]

Surely "thought showers" is un-PC against forum members who like to bathe in their overnight sweat all day?

One I've been hearing lately is 'thought showers'. The worst part of this is that people are using it instead of the old bullshitter phrase of 'brain storming' because it's classed as un-PC against Epileptics.  ;)

161598[/snapback]

:rolleyes: I've never heard that one before. Council-tastic!

"you can take a horse to water, but you can't make it put its foot on the ladder"

161592[/snapback]

Is he thick or very funny?

I'm always using "Does the pope shit in the woods?"

161592[/snapback]

Is he thick or very funny?

I'm always using "Does the pope shit in the woods?"

161603[/snapback]

I think he was a bit of both, he's retired now sadly, we used to call them Arthurisms.

My old boss liked to "blue-sky" things.  And "suck it and see". ;)

161574[/snapback]

Is that how you got that promotion?

161592[/snapback]

If you didn't venture up to his room you don't know for definite that he didn't have a motorbike in his bath tbh.

Although I do often use the term "resource intensive" instead of "it will take ages to do that". So now when any daft twat asks me to do owt I tell them it's too "resource intensive" instead of my usual flat refusal. Goes down a bit better I find.