Martins set for Newcastle move

Scottish Mag

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This lad (clearly a student given the amount of time he's devoted to this one post) has gone to the trouble of putting together a humongous post on Martins on the Inter forums, complete with goals, descriptions and a load of stats.  Here if anyone wants a look at what we have in store:

http://www.forza-inter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128

183714[/snapback]

Is Handoyo your Italian alter ego?

183717[/snapback]

I believe the English translation is "HTT".

Edited by ewerk

By the way, you think you read some stupid posts on NO.  Check out this bad boy from that Inter forum:

Is it just me, or does Oba look frustrated in this photo?

oba.jpg

This was taken at the beginning of the 05-06 season. Do you think this is the way he felt towards Inter, or was it just a grumpy photo?

;)

183719[/snapback]

Haha! That post almost warrants a thread of its own! In fact...

And for anyone wondering what the "other" was

26 February 2006 45th Goal

Inter - Udinese 3-1

3-0 (60)

GOOOOAAALLLL!!!!! Martins bundles the ball over the line with his knee after De Sanctis fails to hold Pizarro's fiercely struck free kick.

With: Others

This lad (clearly a student given the amount of time he's devoted to this one post) has gone to the trouble of putting together a humongous post on Martins on the Inter forums, complete with goals, descriptions and a load of stats.  Here if anyone wants a look at what we have in store:

183714[/snapback]

How come I can suddenly speak Italian

183714[/snapback]

183731[/snapback]

;) I'm adding "Fluent Italian" to my CV.

183714[/snapback]

183731[/snapback]

You can't. You can merely read Italian... ;)

The last striker I would want to leave Inter is Martins.

Don't you guys think Martins has also developed into an icon for Inter? I can't imagine Martins with his trademark celebrations in another shirt!! The fastest player on the planet, will be in another team.

Hope he will succeed in EPL, I guess that's the only thing we can do now.

Good Bye, Martins...

Mind you, it was posted by someone called Fat Fred. ;)

Newcastle-bound striker Obafemi Martins believes his searing pace will prove a major hit in The Premiership.

The Magpies are confident of closing a £10 million deal for the Internazionale striker, and the Nigerian international has vowed to prove his worth at St James' Park.

Glenn Roeder was quick to make the player his number one transfer target after learning of his possible availability, and Martins claims he will justify the boss's faith.

"It is going to be fantastic to play in The Premiership. I believe it is a league ideally suited to my own game," Martins told the Daily Mirror.

"I think I can play my best football in England because it is played at such a fast pace. I can't wait."

Roeder also revealed he will offer Martins the number nine shirt on Tyneside, having been convinced he is capable of filling the shirt vacated by Tyneside legend Alan Shearer.

"I know how important it is for the fans to have a number nine, but what is more important is to have a number nine who fills the shirt and can do the job," said Roeder.

"I was a player at the club and you look down over the years and there have been plenty of number nines who could not do the job. It's not the number that scores the goals.

"If he wants the shirt, I would be more than happy to let him take it if that is what he wants. I am sure he is a big enough man to carry it.

"If he has got a preference for another shirt that is available, he can have that one as well.

"But it's not the football boots, it's the person wearing them - it's not the shirt, it's the person that is wearing the shirt. That is what counts."

Emre is well aware of Martins's qualities after he shared a dressing room with the player for three years at Giuseppe Meazza, with the diminutive playmaker also highlighting the player's renowned pace.

"I played with him for three years at Inter Milan. He's a nice boy and a really quick player and a very good player," said Emre.

"In the English Premier League, you need quick players. If he signs for us, I think he will be a good signing.

"For him and for us, it would be a big signing."

Martins is expected to be unveiled prior to Newcastle's Uefa Cup qualifier against FK Ventspils on Thursday.

I thank you. ;)

I love .cock.

Not content with spinning it to sound like he was our number 1 choice all along (even though it's taken us till the season to start to sign him...hmmmm) they also can't help adding to the story that there's still tickets available for tonights game. ;)

aye he's on his way ;)

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~887398,00.html

Obafemi Martins

Martins Flying Inter Toon

OBAFEMI Martins was heading for Tyneside today as Newcastle United looked to complete his signing from Inter Milan.

The Magpies have agreed a fee with the Serie A giants for the Nigerian striker - a man Toon boss Glenn Roeder revealed was his top transfer target this summer.

Martins was due to undergo a medical on Thursday, and all being well, he will be at St. James' Park to watch the UEFA Cup game with FK Ventspils.

Expect 'Martins Wings Inter Toon' in the Chronic. They've already used it for Pistone and Emre ;)

Edit: Should have read the headline in that link tbh.

Edited by alex

aye he's on his way  :blush:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~887398,00.html

Obafemi Martins

Martins Flying Inter Toon

OBAFEMI Martins was heading for Tyneside today as Newcastle United looked to complete his signing from Inter Milan.

The Magpies have agreed a fee with the Serie A giants for the Nigerian striker - a man Toon boss Glenn Roeder revealed was his top transfer target this summer.

Martins was due to undergo a medical on Thursday, and all being well, he will be at St. James' Park to watch the UEFA Cup game with FK Ventspils.

184051[/snapback]

Top target? Load of gash ;)

On SSN this morning they were showing the days papers and one of the nationals, can't remember which, was saying he's going to get the No.9. Poor bugger.  ;)

184057[/snapback]

Hes the new craig bellamy to be fair to him. As Owen's career is over he should give him the no. 10 shirt.

Aye, Roeder's said that if he wants the no. 9, he can have it. He's gonna offer it to him and see what he says.

Glad to see it's coming to a conclusion anyway - they need to turn their attention to the other signings fairly sharpish.

The one and only good thing about doing all your business in the last week of the window is that you have a flurry of excitement. ;)

Aye, Roeder's said that if he wants the no. 9, he can have it.  He's gonna offer it to him and see what he says.

Glad to see it's coming to a conclusion anyway - they need to turn their attention to the other signings fairly sharpish.

The one and only good thing about doing all your business in the last week of the window is that you have a flurry of excitement. ;)

184064[/snapback]

It gives Shepherd a big hard on :blush:

To the tune of Falco's Rock Me Amadeus:

Obafemi Obafemi. O-ba-femi.

Obafemi Obafemi. O-ba-femi.

Obafemi Obafemi. Oh Oh O-ba-femi.

Come on and rock me Obafemi.

That is a winner any day of the week. I suggest the Rock Me Amadeus chant every time we get someone with 4 syllables in their name in. ;)

Expect 'Martins Wings Inter Toon' in the Chronic. They've already used it for Pistone and Emre ;)

Edit: Should have read the headline in that link tbh.

184053[/snapback]

But with added poinience as it could relate to House Martins being a bird.

Or then again a 1980's Hull band.

To the tune of Falco's Rock Me Amadeus:

Obafemi Obafemi.  O-ba-femi.

Obafemi Obafemi.  O-ba-femi.

Obafemi Obafemi.  Oh Oh O-ba-femi.

Come on and rock me Obafemi.

That is a winner any day of the week.  I suggest the Rock Me Amadeus chant every time we get someone with 4 syllables in their name in. ;)

184113[/snapback]

_1556353_jesuswept150ap.jpg