Olivier Bernard

Gemmill

Oh my .... didnt expect that one.

On a plus, when he was here he was good except for his positional sense. As someone already said, Robert did also give him some work to do.

On another plus, we need cover at LB desparately and he gives that and yes is prob better than Elliot.

On ths minus - It really shows how desparate things have become. What next? Bring Pav back as a reserve keeper?

Just spotted this. Any more premonitions Mr D?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a plus, when he was here he was good except for his positional sense. As someone already said, Robert did also give him some work to do.

On another plus, we need cover at LB desparately and he gives that and yes is prob better than Elliot.

On ths minus - It really shows how desparate things have become. What next? Bring Pav back as a reserve keeper?

:mellow:

Class.

I see Bernard was on the bench for the Palermo match but apparently Roeder prefers Ramage at left back!!

The fact he was on the bench makes me think the 'not match fit' excuse has been eliminated because if Ramage had been injured Bernard would have to have been put on.

:)

Scared to speak now tbh

According to N-O, Bernard is being released!

Jesus wept! ;)

If its true (and i'll wait to see first) then it shows just how poor our coaching staff are. Because when he was here Bernard was rarely injured, gave everything for 90 mins and always took a right battering, there was never a fitness problem and if they can't get him fit in 2 months they are a bunch of morons!

You can get a non-footballer fit with 2 months of intensive training, weights, diet and other regimens to get you in shape, to get a footballer in shape in 2 months is easy. And if they say he's still not "Match fit" then play him in some fecking matches!

• 1 month later...
....as revealed in the Chronicle last night, Olivier Bernard is struggling to play again this season because of a hip problem similar to that of Shola Ameobi, leaving Babayaro as United's only recognised left-back.

What a signing! :)

....as revealed in the Chronicle last night, Olivier Bernard is struggling to play again this season because of a hip problem similar to that of Shola Ameobi, leaving Babayaro as United's only recognised left-back.

What a signing! :)

Reckon its a cover story though? Perhaps they just dont want him to play......

• 3 weeks later...
Mean while the Magpies are set to admit defeat in their efforts to get Olly Bernard back into the Premiership.

Bernard, signed as a free agent on a season long contract in September has not regained match fitness and now has a hip problem that will end his hopes of wearing the Newcastle shirt again.

"It turns out he has got a hip injury, an ongoing hip injury that is not going to go away," added Roeder.

"That will at some stage in the near future need surgery which would take him out for the rest of the season."