Given's Injury

Jigsaw's Juggernaut

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is one big muscley mofo. He is no weigh (:lol:) 10St though. I weight 11.3 and I am no weigh as muscluler as him.

Was that an intended pun or not? :D

It'll be interesting to see how Harper shapes up. If he was superb, would he keep his place?

He is one big muscley mofo. He is no weigh (:lol:) 10St though. I weight 11.3 and I am no weigh as muscluler as him.

Was that an intended pun or not? :D

It'll be interesting to see how Harper shapes up. If he was superb, would he keep his place?

I'll guess 'not'.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Harper will excell because he has lost out on so much experience compared to Given.

It's just that in the days when they were both playing alternatedly (??), I didn't think there was much to seperate them. The main difference was Given's determination to take the number one shirt at any cost, effectively black-mailing the club at Harper's expense.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Harper will excell because he has lost out on so much experience compared to Given.

It's just that in the days when they were both playing alternatedly (??), I didn't think there was much to seperate them. The main difference was Given's determination to take the number one shirt at any cost, effectively black-mailing the club at Harper's expense.

Alternately :lol:

Accident maybe, but if Harewood had mistimed a tackle like that, two-footed in midfield on an outfield player, he'd have been off.

That situation could never occur as it did with 2 outfield players, though.

Accident maybe, but if Harewood had mistimed a tackle like that, two-footed in midfield on an outfield player, he'd have been off.

He was perfectly entitled to go for the ball I thought and both players were 'lunging' for the same ball. Completely different to 'doing' a player with a late two-footed tackle after the ball has gone, which should see straight reds, unlike this incident.

He was perfectly entitled to go for the ball I thought and both players were 'lunging' for the same ball. Completely different to 'doing' a player with a late two-footed tackle after the ball has gone, which should see straight reds, unlike this incident.

Of course he's entitled to go for it, but the risk he makes is if he misses it, he's punished. Should be the same for any challenge. He ended up nowhere near the ball and has seriously injured a player. How many times do you see similar incidences where the striker is first to the ball, is brought down, penalty awarded and 'keeper sent-off? That's my view though.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Of course he's entitled to go for it, but the risk he makes is if he misses it, he's punished. Should be the same for any challenge. He ended up nowhere near the ball and has seriously injured a player. How many times do you see similar incidences where the striker is first to the ball, is brought down, penalty awarded and 'keeper sent-off? That's my view though.

Wasn't Harewood offside anyway?

Wasn't Harewood offside anyway?

Yes, the whistle had when he was still outside the area.

according to the times here given had a 'perforated bowel'.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,293-2364100,00.html

“In the dressing-room after the game, Shay developed acute abdominal pain and it became clear he may have a surgical problem,” McDonald said. “As a result, he was admitted to a local hospital for investigation.

“Following those investigations, he was found to have a small perforation of his small bowel. He underwent surgery to repair this and that was successful. He is comfortable in hospital and he will be discharged in around five days.”

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-perforated-bowel.htm

A perforated bowel is a medical emergency in which a hole in the bowel opens to allow its contents to empty into the rest of the abdominal cavity. The result is frequently sepsis or blood infection, which if not treated can cause almost immediate death. A perforated bowel can occur as the result of traumatic injury, Crohn’s Disease, or diverticulitis

Very strange footballing injury, and a nasty one. He's have had to clattered with some force in order to perforate his bowel. I'd imagine it'd be more like 3 months before he's back aswell as it's pretty major abdominal surgery, although these footballers appear to have superhuman healing powers these days so who knows...

That's because the 'keeper is the last man and the forward is in a goalscoring position. Any other totally different scenarios you want to mention? :lol:

Very strange footballing injury, and a nasty one. He's have had to clattered with some force in order to perforate his bowel. I'd imagine it'd be more like 3 months before he's back aswell as it's pretty major abdominal surgery, although these footballers appear to have superhuman healing powers these days so who knows...

I'm expecting J69 to give us the low-down later.