What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

First pass through Ozzy's new album. Currently on track 4 - 'Life wont wait' which is a lighter track with both acoustic & electric guitars in it - not bad.

Loving the new single though - 'Let me hear you scream'. Heard it a few times on the radio now and if I'm in the car when its on, I seem to develop a lead foot :lol: Chorus is quality.

On a different note, I had a quick listen to the new album from a band I generally don't rate highly - Nickelback. Their new single 'Burn it to the ground' is quality. Raunchy, heavy and really catchy riff.

Guest Gordon McKeag

Completely against my musical instincts this, but also my favourite song this year. They had as the backing music without the words showing you the England line up against Germany introducing each player, with the SGC in loads of little lights, worked well.

New Arcade Fire seems to have leaked (not sure it genuine as six songs or so in it does have the bands feel but the singer sounds wrong on some of the songs).

The songs do sound very good so far though.

Definitely not the real thing. Some of the songs are and are very good though.

Perfume Genius - Learning. Lovely!

School Of Seven Bells - Disconnect from Desire. Not convinced yet but some good tracks, growing on me.

Kode9 - You Dont Wash

Autechre - Y7

Mount Kimbie - Mayor

I've listened to it once and enjoyed it. I love the sound of this type of thing but I usually find that they never have a any songs that I can really grab hold of and keep coming back to. I've always found Radio Dept like that and I hoping that I'm going to like their new one more with the good reviews it's had.

Broken Bells - Broken Bells

Bit like the above actually except I'm really loving The High Road.

School Of Seven Bells - Disconnect from Desire. Not convinced yet but some good tracks, growing on me.

Kode9 - You Dont Wash

Autechre - Y7

Mount Kimbie - Mayor

I've listened to it once and enjoyed it. I love the sound of this type of thing but I usually find that they never have a any songs that I can really grab hold of and keep coming back to. I've always found Radio Dept like that and I hoping that I'm going to like their new one more with the good reviews it's had.

Broken Bells - Broken Bells

Bit like the above actually except I'm really loving The High Road.

Heavens on fire. Keep going back to that for the piano. Best track on the new album.

Wolf Parade - Expo 86

More like Appologies than Mt Zoomer which for me is a very good thing. Not sure it's as strong as their debut but I'm certainly enjoying it and it's much more the direction I prefer them to go in.