What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The drum production on 80s rock did more to kill the genre In the mainstream than the Red Hot Chilli Peppers ever did. 

Yeh I was listening to Motley Crüe after my mate sat me down to watch the film.

Other than sounding generally terrible there was some kind of bizarre fit of cowbell usage that seemingly came out of nowhere....stayed for ages...went away again and came back louder.

It gave me a mild panic attack.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Is he the same sax bloke that finagled his way in to post-Waters Pink Floyd live sets, because if there’s two of them, that’s even more unsettling. 

Maybe it’s this guy.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

Other than sounding generally terrible there was some kind of bizarre fit of cowbell usage that seemingly came out of nowhere....stayed for ages...went away again and came back louder.

( Chad Smith on cowbell). 

20 minutes ago, Tom said:

He’s a good song writer and a fantastic guitar player, it’s just everything around him....who is that saxophone player? Where did he come from? 

Not sure who the saxophone player is but have you checked out guitar George? (He knows all the chords, apparently). :cuppa:

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Maybe it's an audio rendering of Vince Neil's inner monologue constantly reminding him that he's a drink-driving murderer who never said sorry. :boogie:

• Like 2

There’s a luthier in Durham who makes utterly class guitars that go for £5k +

Every now and then someone calls up pretending to be Mark Knopfler as some kind of scam :lol: 

21 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: How they became the stadium band they did still baffles me. 

( I may be slightly biased, due to my seething hatred of Local Hero, I know it’s not them but it might as well be.) 

A lot of middle-aged record company executives who were doing a lot of coke whilst kidding themselves they were down with the kids back then. 

• Like 1

Ive always filed DS under bands where I can appreciate the technical excellence but they just don't stir the soul - see also Pink Floyd and the MOR version of Fleetwood Mac. 

I was mainly listening for the guitar playing & with working from home I can pretty much have on music all day.

There’s a couple of tracks where the guitar playing is class, but otherwise it’s nothing spectacular. 

Today is a post hardcore day :alex: 

23 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You sure it’s not Tommy Lee smashing Pamela Anderson’s face off the cymbals? 

Lovely bunch of lads. 

Unfortunately I'll never lose the image of him smashing his cock off in her ugly minge (google it if you dare kids!).

And you just have to ask WTF was Heather Locklear thinking all those years she was letting him slip the length to her!!!

Protomartyr have released a new album and it's "bonza" mate! 

absolutely cracking album by youth and gaudi called 'astronaut alchemists remixes'

remember youth as the bassist with killing joke and his progression in to the dance music scene in the late 80's, hat doffed the bloke's had some career!

gaudi i first encountered at the chill out stage at the glade festival 2004ish, hat doffed to this incredibly talented italian too!

just one of many stand out tracks from the album.......