What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Elbow - Seldom Seen Kid

I ignored all the hype because I've heard it all before about their previous albums and never been hooked, apart from Ribcage. But I've finally given it a whirl and can tell instantly from my first listen I'm going to love this for a long time.

Joe Bonamassa: India Mountain Time (From Nowhere In Particular Live).

For those who have listened to this before, is it just me or does the introduction sound a bit like White Summer/Black Mountainside by Led Zep? Even down to the way he's playing it?

Yeah He also plays Dazed and Confused during one song.

He's not ripping people off he's just influenced. :D

Yeah, I've heard the cover - he nails the solo well in that. I wasn't accusing him of ripping it off, just wondering if anyone else had spotted the similarity? Wasn't sure if I was just imagining it sounded like WS/BMS.

I like his stuff - particularly live. On the 'Live at the Cabooze' cd he plays 'The River' & 'Burning Hell' which I believe I may have already referred to as 19mins of slide guitar pr0n. :(:wank:

EDIT: Now listening to 'The River' & 'Burning Hell' from the aforementioned CD. Loud, before the Mrs comes in with Master Paws.

I haven't heard 'Live at the Cabooze' but I may download it unless you want to Rapidshare it or something.

You should check out the Rock Palast DVD - it's probably my favourite live DVD. It's at a small place in Germany with maybe 500 people there and a low stage - so it's fairly intimate.

He basically uses it as a show piece to go through all his different styles - so it's fairly good.

I'm not sure if you can buy it anymore - jbonamassa.com might have a few but if not I will rip it and upload it.

You get a good look at the Gigliotti signature guitar too - he's moved onto a Gibson Les Paul signature now which looks good and retails for less.

I was tempted to get a Gigliotti but the options confused me - like choosing fret style and what kind of nut you want ;)

Give me 1/2 an hour and I'll stick it on my server. I'll pm you the link. I dont have a DVD of him, just the audio versions of his live gigs and his studio stuff.

EDIT: I also have the Rock Palast gig on mp3. Its a good like :) Thats the one with The River & Burning Hell on it. I was wrong earlier when I said 'Live at the Cabooze'.

I'm downloading it now but it is going to take a while.

24 kb/s off your site.

No problem though.

I had the following -

Muse - Hullaballoo

Rage Against The Machine

The Black Keys

On when taking the dog out.

Ah... angry/depressing music and forestry , a match made in heaven <_<