What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

New Justin Timberlake. I'm not sure.

I find it much easier to stomach his shitty lyrics when they're wrapped in a cheesy Prince rip-off because "creepy man using bad pick up lines" is a much more believeable Timberlake character trait than "smartly dressed suave charmer"

New Justin Timberlake. I'm not sure.

I find it much easier to stomach his shitty lyrics when they're wrapped in a cheesy Prince rip-off because "creepy man using bad pick up lines" is a much more believeable Timberlake character trait than "smartly dressed suave charmer"

Agreed.

Listening to Out Run by Kavinsky. Justice esque 80's stynth erection stuff.

Dunno how she's managed to get embraced by the country community singing about atheism, weed and gays like. 21st century country music.

There's still plenty of radio stations that won't play her stuff, but there's definitely been a bit of a generational shift I reckon, people like Miranda Lambert (and even Taylor Swift in a way) have moved things on a bit.

Of course, there's still room for the old-timers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUozb7d2uks

B)

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds

"OOOO Laaaaa"

#accidentalPartridge

:lol: Liam Neeson is canny as well on the bit he does on the newer version.

Finally getting caught up on 2013 now that I have a laptop. Really like:

Justin Timberlake - 20/20 Experience (grown on me but should end with Mirrors)

Atoms for Peace - AMOK

David Bowie - The Next Day (Far more interesting than Heathen and Reality)

Not too keen on Local Natives' new one and I've had to listen to so much bad electronic music, it seems unfair. Looking forward to jumping into Torres, Fire Orchestra and Nick Cave next.

Finally getting caught up on 2013 now that I have a laptop. Really like:

Justin Timberlake - 20/20 Experience (grown on me but should end with Mirrors)

Atoms for Peace - AMOK

David Bowie - The Next Day (Far more interesting than Heathen and Reality)

Not too keen on Local Natives' new one and I've had to listen to so much bad electronic music, it seems unfair. Looking forward to jumping into Torres, Fire Orchestra and Nick Cave next.

I've put some half-decent recent electronic in the last couple of pages.

New Bonobo album came out which sounds alright, the new DJ Koze album Amygdala (featuring Caribou, Apparat and Matthew Dear) is causing quite a massive fuss everywhere, Sketches by Theo Parrish, the Apparat album, Mano Le Tough, Applescal etc. Daft Punk coming out in a few weeks too.

One album which me and the lass got massively into last week on holiday was Rhye's Woman which is sort of this year's Jessie Ware, lovely laidback feel with loads of top pop songs on it.

The Blue Hawaii album Untogether has some amazing electronic tracks on it; In Two, In Two II and Sweet Tooth are all great. One of the tracks sounds like what The Orb would have done had they had the technology, they may even be referencing the orb a wee bit as there are a couple of synth sounds that remind you of the classic Korg M1 that was all over 'Adventures'.