What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

:)

It's good too. The second half is a bit lackluster compared to the first IMO but that might change with repeat listens. But, what a first half.

One more for luck....

This seems to be the mixtapes blown up to a ridiculous size and trades the seedier bits of these for a bit more pomp. The effort with Drake is the worst offender by far, the rest is fine but lacking something that made House of Balloons so good.

Have you got round to that London Grammar album yet, Chez? It's a brilliant midnight album though a little bit samey on first listen but it's the sort of album that invites repeated listens so the songs begin to establish themselves.

Had a lot of Fat Freddy's Drop on to recently and I think they're a band who a lot of the current UK lot are aping. All of this without drugs too

Meenz, if I send you our EP, will you use your contacts to spread it through the middle class suburbia of London? Don't let Fish listen to it though.

:lol: Fish is middle-class suburban London, regrettably. I'm slowly gentrifying scummy London. I can probably get you into the Lithuanian Eurovision preselection though.

It's good too. The second half is a bit lackluster compared to the first IMO but that might change with repeat listens. But, what a first half.

Angling for the Bond gig with the intro. Love it.

Prince has arrived on track 2 :wank:

Think I'm going to like this.

:lol: Fish is middle-class suburban London, regrettably. I'm slowly gentrifying scummy London. I can probably get you into the Lithuanian Eurovision preselection though.

Damn, the bedfellows I'll have to make. I know you have influential friends and the Eurovision lot are a loud, fanatical bunch and I can't wait to network my brand with you all.

With all the celeb endorsements and pre-album hype i went in search of some negativity about The Strypes...

Their debut is just minute after minute of hollow pandering. One Direction are more rock and roll. Snapshot is a record devoid of hope. A vacuum where merit and meaning die slow.

The irony, of course, is that 'Snapshot' is more derivative than what it is supposed to be an alternative to. 'Mystery Man' opens the album with a sound that's more polished than most of McFly's early stuff, 'Blue Collar Jane' sounds in places like the theme to Only Fools and Horses, and 'What The People Don't See' is pure #ladsinsuits. And when taking on a cover – Bo Diddley's 'You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover' a case in point – it's more 'passable wedding band' than 'new generation blues'. And those suits, it must be said, are worn far better by their reality TV counterparts. Now, where's that One Direction CD?

they sound a little bit like McFly

...but I always quite liked McFly and I had a great time turning Sanpshot right up on the drive to work this morning.

Blitzen Trapper - VII: All a bit one-note and unremarkable. The guitar sound ruins the slower songs, otherwise they'd be the highlight. Not sure where the band who wrote the tracks on Furr have disappeared to.

Still not worked my way through my to listen list from this year but I'll do it eventually, maybe. I need to listen to the new Parquet Courts EP first.