You're the PM what 5 bits of leglislation would you bring in?

bobbyshinton

1. Electronic tagging for every member of the public that's unemployed. Their curfew stretches from when the Job Centre opens to when it closes. If they're not in by then i'll give SLP a ring and get him to take Mr. T round their house.

2. Taxi drivers must take a test to make sure they're racist enough. Fuck a sense of direction, they have me howling with laughter after a night out with some of their stubborn BNP-esque views.

3. Renton to be banned.

4. Legalisation of Cannabis, Magic Mushrooms and LSD to those who are in employment. Ofcourse, it'll be taxed to fuck and the money spent on tackling drug dealers.

5. Royal family to be stripped of their wealth and move to a council estate in Washington rigged with cameras. Their lives will then be a bit like the Truman show but with more assaults and alcoholism.

EDIT: I know this make six but Brock would be executed under my regime.

Edited by Ted Maul

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Electronic tagging for every member of the public that's unemployed. Their curfew stretches from when the Job Centre opens to when it closes. If they're not in by then i'll give SLP a ring and get him to take Mr. T round their house.

2. Taxi drivers must take a test to make sure they're racist enough. Fuck a sense of direction, they have me howling with laughter after a night out with some of their stubborn BNP-esque views.

3. Renton to be banned.

4. Legalisation of Cannabis, Magic Mushrooms and LSD to those who are in employment. Ofcourse, it'll be taxed to fuck and the money spent on tackling drug dealers.

5. Royal family to be stripped of their wealth and move to a council estate in Washington rigged with cameras. Their lives will then be a bit like the Truman show but with more assaults and alcoholism.EDIT: I know this make six but Brock would be executed under my regime.

i so wish that would happen

I hate the royals

3. Renton to be banned.

5. Royal family to be stripped of their wealth and move to a council estate in Washington rigged with cameras. Their lives will then be a bit like the Truman show but with more assaults and alcoholism.

EDIT: I know this make six but Brock would be executed under my regime.

:D

1. Abolish and make illegal all private education and health cover (and obviously obliterate religion from all state schools at the same time) - people who try and get around it by sending kids abroad or using foreign health service to be refused re-entry and be stripped of citizenship. I believe these two services will never "work" while the rich and powerful opt out of them.

2. Renationalise without compensation all public utilities including rail etc.

3. Execute the first 1000 people in line to the throne and confiscate all "long term" inherited wealth - eg Duke of Westminster's property.

4. Inheritance tax to be 100% with no exemption bracket - so that everybody starts off in life with the same opportunities.

5. Introduce a universal contraceptive into the water supply/food chain and supply the antidote under licence.

1. Abolish and make illegal all private education and health cover (and obviously obliterate religion from all state schools at the same time) - people who try and get around it by sending kids abroad or using foreign health service to be refused re-entry and be stripped of citizenship. I believe these two services will never "work" while the rich and powerful opt out of them.

3. Execute the first 1000 people in line to the throne and confiscate all "long term" inherited wealth - eg Duke of Westminster's property.

4. Inheritance tax to be 100% with no exemption bracket - so that everybody starts off in life with the same opportunities.

5. Introduce a universal contraceptive into the water supply/food chain and supply the antidote under licence.

Wonderful ideals, totally impractical, if even fair. You expect people who work their arses off to provide the same opportunities to their children as someone who does the bare minimum?

Don't forget to tell the last one out to turn out the lights, because those remaining won't be able to afford it. :D

Most of my legislation would be to deal with the yob culture we currently have.

Kids on street corners, idiots starting fights on nights out for no apparent reason, twats on the metro etc.

1-Legal age of tabs up to 21 and double their price as well as ban smoking in public places.

2-Legal Drinking age 21, the whole kids on street corners, pissed up fights in pubs thing doesnt really happen in america .

3-Tougher prison sentences. 20years means 20years. Not parole in 4.

4-3 strikes and your out rule. so no more little charvers with 27 offences to their name

5-sort out the whole benefits/welfare system. Far too many people around my area are just too bone idle to work and get paid by the government for it!

Kids on street corners, idiots starting fights on nights out for no apparent reason, twats on the metro etc.

1-Legal age of tabs up to 21 and double their price as well as ban smoking in public places.

2-Legal Drinking age 21, the whole kids on street corners, pissed up fights in pubs thing doesnt really happen in america .

4-3 strikes and your out rule. so no more little charvers with 27 offences to their name

5-sort out the whole benefits/welfare system. Far too many people around my area are just too bone idle to work and get paid by the government for it!

I dont know which of these proposals is the most laughable, but I think I will go for

because their gun crime and gang culture is something we should really be aspiring to

Wonderful ideals, totally impractical, if even fair. You expect people who work their arses off to provide the same opportunities to their children as someone who does the bare minimum?

Don't forget to tell the last one out to turn out the lights, because those remaining won't be able to afford it. :angry:

To turn yout point around why should waste of space kids get a lift in life from hard working parents?

If people's only motive in life is to leave a "stash" for the kids after death then I think thats sad - you should enjoy the fruit of your own work and hope that your kids can look after themselves. Inherited wealth propogates class, power and everthing else thats unfair in this country.

I dont know which of these proposals is the most laughable, but I think I will go for

because their gun crime and gang culture is something we should really be aspiring to

which has naff all to do with the legal drinking age. good point though :angry:

Don't forget to tell the last one out to turn out the lights, because those remaining won't be able to afford it. :angry:

To turn yout point around why should waste of space kids get a lift in life from hard working parents?

If people's only motive in life is to leave a "stash" for the kids after death then I think thats sad - you should enjoy the fruit of your own work and hope that your kids can look after themselves. Inherited wealth propogates class, power and everthing else thats unfair in this country.

Or to turn yours around, why should a person who has spent the last x years of their life looking after a sick parent suddenly be left with nowt?

as for:

How would this help those services? they are currently stretched, what you're saying is add in another million or so people into each. Breed a blackmarket for operations etc as Joe Bloggs the multimillionaire has a dodgy hip, under your rules he cant legally jump the queue by going private so he goes for his consultation, pulls out a wad of cash and tempts the consultant to lift him above little old Mrs Muggins who only offered him a Werthers Original.

Or to turn yours around, why should a person who has spent the last x years of their life looking after a sick parent suddenly be left with nowt?

as for:

How would this help those services? they are currently stretched, what you're saying is add in another million or so people into each. Breed a blackmarket for operations etc as Joe Bloggs the multimillionaire has a dodgy hip, under your rules he cant legally jump the queue by going private so he goes for his consultation, pulls out a wad of cash and tempts the consultant to lift him above little old Mrs Muggins who only offered him a Werthers Original.

In my world relatives would never have to look after the sick - I know some would want to and thats fair enough but surely that desire would come from love and not "greed".

My system would be an incentive for the "powers that be" to sort it out and it would be temporary in the way you mean - I know there are people who are well meaning but I believe that in a sense the NHS has become a "token effort" which the powerful see as something they don't use. If they did I think both the resources and the determination shift would make it work.

Don't forget to tell the last one out to turn out the lights, because those remaining won't be able to afford it. :lol:

That Faith School thread reminded me of something I knew I'd meant to respond to.

Why do you draw the conclusion that because parents want to spend their wealth on a better life for their children that that is the sole motivation for their existence? On the other hand to expect them not to want the best for the most important thing in their lives is a bit silly.

While we're on the subject of how sad the focus on materialism is, I assume you also have a plan to administer parental love only in even doses, otherwise this whole system is dreadfully unfair. What, you're only equalising the material wealth and then allowing some kids to grow up fantastically wealthy in other and (surely in your eyes) more important ways? :lol:

To answer your first question: because there's no other way to do it. Are you suggesting a world where every parent can only provide the same for their child, what about when they want a loan, what about when they want some help starting their new business? What about living in a nicer house than their poorer counterparts? If you don't stop the flow of advantage before the parents' death, it won't achieve anything; and none of these policies will work unless you do it on a global scale.

And Bridget although you have completely miscontrued my point, you do raise an interesting one. Why do you think some people are poor and others not, specifically a family line?

hmmmm......

1. Drinking Age 21

2. Arseholes who misbehave on drink to be banned from drinking for an appropriate time, eg, fighting 2 years off drinking...

3. Ban Glow Sticks..

4. More trees..

5. Dispense teams to disperse pots of gold near rainbows and get them back as someone approaches dressesd as lepraechauns but with ak47's

hmmmm......

1. Drinking Age 21

2. Arseholes who misbehave on drink to be banned from drinking for an appropriate time, eg, fighting 2 years off drinking...

3. Ban Glow Sticks..

4. More trees..

5. Dispense teams to disperse pots of gold near rainbows and get them back as someone approaches dressesd as lepraechauns but with ak47's

How about reducing the 1st one to 15/16 and enforcing the second one strongly. There are plenty of countries with a lower drinking age than the UK without the associated problems and the US has a serious binge drink culture with a higher age limit.

hmmmm......

1. Drinking Age 21

3. Ban Glow Sticks..

4. More trees..

How about reducing the 1st one to 15/16 and enforcing the second one strongly. There are plenty of countries with a lower drinking age than the UK without the associated problems and the US has a serious binge drink culture with a higher age limit.

Yeh good call.

Theyd need some kind of way to test the people though constantly..

hmmmm......

1. Drinking Age 21

3. Ban Glow Sticks..

4. More trees..

Yeh good call.

:lol: "Constantly."

hmmmm......

1. Drinking Age 21

3. Ban Glow Sticks..

4. More trees..

You'll know as well as anyone on here, but having a more relaxed attitude to drinking at a younger age generally promotes less of a need to binge and go mental when adulthood comes around. There just isn't the empathise put on going out and drinking.

Yeh good call.

People who manage to subtly conceal the fact that they're plastered should probably be left alone. I would think the test is fairly straight forward in most cases. :lol:

You'll know as well as anyone on here, but having a more relaxed attitude to drinking at a younger age generally promotes less of a need to binge and go mental when adulthood comes around. There just isn't the empathise put on going out and drinking.

I hope that's a reference to me living in France! :lol:

hmmmm......

1. Drinking Age 21

3. Ban Glow Sticks..

4. More trees..

I agree with that like. The total dickheads that went off the rails at university were generally the ones who had been kept on a tight rein by their parents prior to that. From about 15, my mam knew I was going out and drinking (NAILS, I know), and didn't go daft about it, which definitely made a difference. Even at school it tended to be the kids that were doing the sneaking around thing that used to get themselves absolutely mong-arised and have their stomachs pumped etc.

I agree with that like. The total dickheads that went off the rails at university were generally the ones who had been kept on a tight rein by their parents prior to that. From about 15, my mam knew I was going out and drinking (NAILS, I know), and didn't go daft about it, which definitely made a difference. Even at school it tended to be the kids that were doing the sneaking around thing that used to get themselves absolutely mong-arised and have their stomachs pumped etc.

Some of those women at Uni, particularly Indian ones, Jesus Wept! :lol:

Just to see the other side of the coin, my mother was reasonably relaxed about drinking, even more so about marijuana (I got hash pipes for Christmas from 16 onwards). No one went off on one more than I did in college.

Some of those women at Uni, particularly Indian ones, Jesus Wept! :lol:

Just to see the other side of the coin, my mother was reasonably relaxed about drinking, even more so about marijuana (I got hash pipes for Christmas from 16 onwards). No one went off on one more than I did in college.

Were you a KRAZY student? :lol:

Were you a KRAZY student? :lol:

I barely went, I barely hung out with the students, I was mainly off my face.

I'd probably have more time for KRAZIES now tbh.

1. reduce the population to 20 million by shooting all chavs, smokers, people who read the Telegrat, the Wail and the Slum

2. Legalise all drugs

3. Turn off TV and jam satellite transmissions - make the buggers work for their enjoyment

4. Ban cars - all of them - use public transport or a bike

5. Pay pensioners zillions cos we deserve it

1 - tell the EC to fuck off

2 - tell the americans to fuck off

3 - introduce a modern version of colonial script as the new currency.

4 - remove all signs and markings from all roads.

5 - make boris johnson my deputy