so yeah England v Macedonia and that

MattM4

Or left Lampard out of the squad because he's fucking shit for England and recalled Beckham.

just cross them both off the list of selectees. Gutted Hargreaves wasn't around to sort it all out.

Glad that Parker got selected to the England squad.................disappointed he didn't get some playing time..........yet in a way glad he didn't in case he got hurt like Owen did.

I think perhaps he may get some playing time against Croatia and he could certainly do as well as Lampard did.

Lampard reminds me a lot of Colin Bell and Glen Hoddle, great club players but never really shone for England.

Good to see that Scotty was on the bench and Jenas wasn't.

How Jenas still gets in the squad is beyond me but at least it looks as if Parker has moved ahead of him.

Jenas is only ever selected as cover. He has come off the bench twice in the last 20 or so internationals, and has been in the squad for all of them.

Yeah I understand that, but why not bring in someone fresh like Nolan, who actually produces something productive every now and then.

Jenas is only ever selected as cover. He has come off the bench twice in the last 20 or so internationals, and has been in the squad for all of them.

Yeah I understand that, but why not bring in someone fresh like Nolan, who actually produces something productive every now and then.

I agree with that, though it may just be that Jenas has international experience (limited however), and is versatile (apparently) and probably also just a traditional midfielder, and the England managers haven't felt at risk at selecting him, for some reason.

To be honest, it puzzles me a lot.

That was exactly the sort of game that we would have won through a Beckham delivery or free kick. Now we can't score because he isn't in the squad knocking in undefendible balls. Still, at least that halfwit McClaren has stamped his authority on the squad. :)

That was exactly the sort of game that we would have won through a Beckham delivery or free kick. Now we can't score because he isn't in the squad knocking in undefendible balls. Still, at least that halfwit McClaren has stamped his authority on the squad. :)

If we played the right team after dropping Beckham we would have been ok. But mcLaren is an idiot exactly like Erickson. He said that as long as Rooney is fit he will play regardless of form. That is just stupid. he is out of form and did nothing. Same as Lampard out of form for England has another crap game. i will never understand the mentality of the manager who says that.

If we played the right team after dropping Beckham we would have been ok. But mcLaren is an idiot exactly like Erickson. He said that as long as Rooney is fit he will play regardless of form. That is just stupid. he is out of form and did nothing. Same as Lampard out of form for England has another crap game. i will never understand the mentality of the manager who says that.

Out of 'form'? He hasn't scored for England in 2 years has he? His 'form' seems to have dipped after his 16th game or so and not returned.

Have to say, watching him on Saturday he seemed absoloutley clueless, never went with instinct, always took too long thinking about the right thing to do with the ball and coming up with the wrong answer. He was Man U's worst player against us too.

His touch has completely deserted him. There were celebrities in The Match last night exhibiting a better touch than Rooney at the weekend. He'll get it back, I'm sure, but McClaren is doing him no favours by keep playing him. It's like when Robson wouldn't drop Jenas and he just got worse and worse and started hiding on the pitch.

he couldnt score past us

so therefore seriously off form, should have been subbed shortly after half time, Lampard is a waste for England annoying and frustrating to watch

also what happend to moving the England games around the grounds, the last million have been at old trafford