owen back on

Stu_J

If we do get Owen, the best thing about it would be the return of the 4-4-2 formation IMO.

Seriously.

16974[/snapback]

Yeah, I've been wondering about that. What odds on Souness trying to turn Owen into a winger?

16980[/snapback]

or dropping shearer?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help feeling really cynical about our chances with this one, this is the bigest "Come and get me" to other Premiership clubs.

Every pundit/manager I've heard commentate on the Owen to ManYoo/Pool/Toon situation has always said that he wouldn't fit into a 4-5-1 formation, as the lone striker. That he likes to play off the shoulder of another striker.

Liverpool won 2 cup finals playing 4-5-1 with Owen up top but he's at his best alongside a big man, Shearer/Crouch for example.

I think if we did sign him, we'd have to revert to 4-4-2 that would get the best out of Shearer AND Owen.

It is a case of all our eggs in the 1 basket though, as we still have no left OR right winger to play 4-4-2 (will Dyer play right wing thtis year?). It also doesn't really give Shearer the rest he needs as we're still a striker short.....in my opinion.

owen.jpg

*wonders how many avatars are about to be changed!  :wink2:

16987[/snapback]

Is he squatting for a dump on that?

16990[/snapback]

yup ;)

hopefully all over Fat Freds dinner.

(And before anyone points out, I knaaa its the wrong top but you try getting a pic of the new one from .cock)

owen.jpg

*wonders how many avatars are about to be changed!  :wink2:

16987[/snapback]

Is he squatting for a dump on that?

16990[/snapback]

It does look like he's not been getting enough fibre in his diet!

16995[/snapback]

Nah, he's just got a good sun tan after lazing away on the tropical sands of Cullercoats ;)

I can't help but feel excited - it could be a good move by the Fat One to price Liverpool out of a move. Makes you wonder though - why is he only prepared to release funds for players he likes? He should back his manager more often and not just when it suits him.

Edited by Bombadil

After agreeing a transfer sum I don't think a loan deal is on the table any more.

As I said, I think it is an attempt of pricing Liverpool out of the market. I don't think you must be a genius to get this idea, in fact en contraire...

Anyway, I'll remain sceptical about the deal going through and I don't think it is a clever piece of business. But hopefully it will work out for the better of Newcastle United.

After agreeing a transfer sum I don't think a loan deal is on the table any more.

As I said, I think it is an attempt of pricing Liverpool out of the market. I don't think you must be a genius to get this idea, in fact en contraire...

Anyway, I'll remain sceptical about the deal going through and I don't think it is a clever piece of business. But hopefully it will work out for the better of Newcastle United.

17003[/snapback]

Apologies for appearing less than the full picnic hamper, but Owen's own words (reproduced faithfully on NUFC.com) are that it will be a loan at Newcastle if the deal to Liverpool cannot be done in time.

The shite on .cock will probably just be banner waving in order to get some glory and encourage one or two season tickets to be bought. Cynical, moi?

Have a look on Newcastle Online man. Wullie is going mental saying he's "absolutely devastated" at this news, and every bugger's agreeing with him. People have become so used to being negative and moaning that they can't muster positivity for anything anymore.

I'm not saying this deal is going to come off, but I'm buggered if I'm going to be devastated about it.

17003[/snapback]

Apologies for appearing less than the full picnic hamper, but Owen's own words (reproduced faithfully on NUFC.com) are that it will be a loan at Newcastle if the deal to Liverpool cannot be done in time.

The shite on .cock will probably just be banner waving in order to get some glory and encourage one or two season tickets to be bought. Cynical, moi?

17005[/snapback]

The problem is that it's not just up to Owen to decide what sort of transfer deal it is. Whatever he said this morning, the sort of deal that apparently has been agreed between the clubs is a direct transfer. If Madrid will abstain from its demands when Michael Owen is saying that he is not interested in anything else than a loan deal is another scenario that isn't on the agenda - yet.

Have a look on Newcastle Online man.  Wullie is going mental saying he's "absolutely devastated" at this news, and every bugger's agreeing with him.  People have become so used to being negative and moaning that they can't muster positivity for anything anymore.

I'm not saying this deal is going to come off, but I'm buggered if I'm going to be devastated about it.

17008[/snapback]

:wink2: You just can't fucking win with some people.

Have a look on Newcastle Online man.  Wullie is going mental saying he's "absolutely devastated" at this news, and every bugger's agreeing with him.  People have become so used to being negative and moaning that they can't muster positivity for anything anymore.

17008[/snapback]

Whey maaan Im devastated, it just shows the lack of ambition this club has, spending 16 million on an England International, world class, proven goalscorer who it has to be said scores freely at SJP. Surely we could have saved the money and bought someone cheaper or ideally find a 10 y/o Geordie lad and mature him tbrough the ranks of schoolboy and youth teams before joining a 42 y/o Shearer up front. :wink2:

Now now boys, don't question the Sooopa fans. It was nice them say that away games are the place for a protest as 'anly the real fans gan to them man.'

Those guys.

17013[/snapback]

I haven't registered since it was updated. I am happy enough here at the moment.

I can't understand them over there..

they'd rather have a cast off from Fulham (Boa Constrictor), or someone no-one has ever heard of (Luque) or someone EVERYONE has heard of (Anelka) than a proven gaol scorer at all levels who stays out of trouble.............

Madness! Madness!!!!

Now now boys, don't question the Sooopa fans. It was nice them say that away games are the place for a protest as 'anly the real fans gan to them man.'

Those guys.

17013[/snapback]

I haven't registered since it was updated. I am happy enough here at the moment.

17015[/snapback]

That's what I thought but you don't actually have to re-register mate if you'd registered previously. I occasionally post on general chat but the Michael Owen thread pretty much sums up why I avoid the footie chat. Plus, I don't get to many away games.

:wink2:

Edited by alex

they'd rather have a cast off from Fulham (Boa Constrictor), or someone no-one has ever heard of (Luque) or someone EVERYONE has heard of (Anelka) than a proven gaol scorer at all levels who stays out of trouble.............

Madness!    Madness!!!!

17016[/snapback]

I can't quite believe what I'm reading over there to be honest. Being cynical about this move is one thing, but saying that it's a huge mistake and "devastating" is fecking amateur dramatics at its best. Sad as owt.

Madness!    Madness!!!!

17016[/snapback]

Except of that I think that Luque for the right money would have been a decent buy I agree that in contrast to all the other players mentioned so far this potential transfer gets me excited on the sporting level.

I think we will pay over the odds, but at least we will get a fantastic player in return.