Newcastle United v Portsmouth

MattM4

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

I don't think it was risking Dyer tonight, considering how long he'd been building his fitness up. It was more a case of giving him a half hour and seeing how he did in view of Charlton. To be fair, wet conditions or not, if Dyer broke down again, that would be due to his own inherent problems, which apparently have now been sorted.

Just seen the goals, the dive by Taylor just before Rossi scores is unbelievable! Good turn and finish by Rossi. Second one good cross by Duff and a good diving header by Solano past James and into the roof of the net. Third was a total fluke.

Guest Patrokles

Have to say fair play to Roeder for getting a decent reaction from the side. You also have to say that if* he manages to get in the players he wants in January (several defenders, a decent partner for Martins), then things might work out okay after all.

*This is known as a conditional.

I heard today that Rossi will be here all season.

I can't see it unless he gets more starts, there's no point in him being here to gain first team experience if he's not getting any.

Looks a good finisher. Funny the difference between him and Shola in that respect - Rossi actually shoots like he means it.