Newcastle vs. Charlton

janu

Fatty was not at the game tonight,he was sitting watching with his mind and thinkings going haywire,he know's the craic and how the fans have been reacting to the plight,so he stayed away for the stick he wouldve been put through,expect changes soon.

Not there because of his ill wife if you believe the Chronicle...

He bottled it then.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fatty was not at the game tonight,he was sitting watching with his mind and thinkings going haywire,he know's the craic and how the fans have been reacting to the plight,so he stayed away for the stick he wouldve been put through,expect changes soon.

Not there because of his ill wife if you believe the Chronicle...

He bottled it then.

Till i get a sick note from her doctor i believe so yes

Edited by @yourservice

We can't score goals, so we're fucked basically. The annoying thing about today was that they were SHIT and were there for the taking, but we were unwilling to commit people forward. Where were the runs into the box from the likes of Parker and Butt? Any time we went forward it was either hit Duff or hit Rossi with a cross, or......well, nothing really.

Then Roeder doing nothing about it until 5 minutes to go when he brought Milner on for Solano??

Is it neccesary for Newcastle Managers to have no clue as to how to use Substitutions effectively.

It seems clear that if we had pressed our massive possesional advantage we wuold have scored, surely in that case it would have been wise to put Luque on in the stead of a full back or one the defensive central pairings? Hell maybe it's not wise, but dear God it would show some desire to actually win a game

Charlton were fucking awful like, yet we still can't score. I've got a mixed reaction; we were by far the better team so at least we looked better....yet we couldn't score against quite possibly the worst team in the league. Ho hum.

Can't fault Fat Freddie or Roeder for this one!

To dominate so much of the game and not win is shameful, for the last 20 minutes I thought Charlton were going to snatch a win and it wouldn't have surprised me one bit. :unsure:

Yes you can,

whats the use in having Luque on the bench and then not give him a go? Defensively we were looking ok it was purely finishing that stopped us winning that game. Roeder should have brought Luque on with 20 mins to go, Rossi is swift so someone else having a dig and even if it doesnt go in would be giving Rossi more chances to get on the end of a rebound.

Shameful lack of idea from Roeder tbh

C'mon, it wasn't a question of bringing Luque on for 20 minutes, the game should have been put to bed in the first half when we were in complete control and for the most part playing in their half of the field, and had lots of scoring chances.

Well, you're right, the game should have been won at half time. We backed off in the second and I also thought they might have snatched one at the end.

What was pissing me off, was several times I thought Carr should have overlapped Nobby/Milner but he wouldnt. I can only assume that they have instruction not to and to stay back to help the defend when needed. I noticed milner asking Carr to go around him and carr wouldnt. I can only think that is down to GR.

Another thing, when the winger pushes up, or a forward pulls off to the side - either will generally take a defender with him. why are we not exploiting that and running into the gap that is created?

One main things I keep moaning about is our lack of movement off the ball. We seem so static apart from maybe Duff. We wait until the ball arrives before moving.

Meh .. bottom of the league, struggling like hell charlton. the one team (along with next weeks sheff utd), that should have went towards the 6 points to stave off the desparation for a while noting that others below us would stop us getting in to serious trouble. Not really the case now is it? Held at home by an awful side, do we expect the same next week before our trip to Arsenal?

Too good or too big for relegation this season? are we bollocks.

:unsure:

Edited by JawD

Charlton comfortably the worst team I have seen up here in the league for a very long time.

Total shite, couldn't string two passes together, inept defending. The lot.

Charlton were even worse than that.

Roeder pleased despite draw

By Mark Buckingham - Created on 28 Oct 2006

Glenn Roeder feels he could not have asked for any more from his Newcastle United players in the 0-0 home draw with Charlton Athletic.

The Magpies were booed off at St James' Park after a sixth successive game without a win in The Premiership.

Though Newcastle dominated the encounter, the hosts were unable to break down a dogged Charlton back-line.

Roeder tried to remain upbeat after the game and was pleased with the application from his players.

The Newcastle chief felt the only disappointment was failing to score in a game which leaves the club 16th in the table.

"I'm only frustrated because we haven't scored," Roeder told PremPlus.

"Don't take anything away from the performance or the effort the boys put in there.

"We're only disappointed because we haven't scored a goal from the host of opportunities we've had.

"People can spin it how they want, they can write what they want.

"I told the players they couldn't have given themselves, or the staff, or the football club any more effort at all.

"I was really pleased with them."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...ed+despite+draw

Fucking hell :unsure:

Aye, I read that last night. If that's right and he's told all of those players that he can't ask for any more of them, then we're in big trouble. Setting our standards too low is gonna get us nowhere.

I believe it's called the Championship. That is, that's where YOU will end up, I'M just an interested observer. COWER!

Aye, I read that last night. If that's right and he's told all of those players that he can't ask for any more of them, then we're in big trouble. Setting our standards too low is gonna get us nowhere.

I believe it's called the Championship. That is, that's where YOU will end up, I'M just an interested observer. COWER!

:unsure:

:unsure: YOU'LL end up in France no doubt. :(

We can play the best football in the league but if we dont score its worthless. If they put in 100% gfrom 0-90mins in every game but dont score its worthless.

What next season? "yeah ok, we were relegated, but I cant fault tha players for the effort they put in so its not all bad".

Yes I expect 100%, but I all expect an end product from it. I could go out there and give 100% but it wouldnt get us anywhere cos Im shit :unsure:

Still say Roeder was hung out to dry in the summer by the board not backing him then playing Champ Man with Martins.

Without a doubt. Secretly he must be fuming but he can't say anything cos he'd be sacked so he puts this stupid positive spin on everything.

Either that or he is actually pleased, in which case they took out too much of his brain.