Is anyone that bothered about the result tonight?

Gemmill

Krul

Ramage

Taylor

Moore

Bramble

Butt

N'Zogbia

Solano

Milner

Luque

CyberSki

fuck me, we're in trouble if that's our strongest eleven.

that's got to be the poorest starting eleven we've had since we've been in the top flight.

It wasnt that far away and It wasnt that bad a side wouldnt you agree fancy dan?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

may i add i had a couple of quid on luque first goal at 10/1 . Free night on the drink the night cheers big al.

You could have got him at 14s. Still, I didn't get him on any sort of bet so you did better than me.

may i add i had a couple of quid on luque first goal at 10/1 . Free night on the drink the night cheers big al.

You could have got him at 14s. Still, I didn't get him on any sort of bet so you did better than me.

No because you foolishly bet on the Palermo keeper for the first goal. :)

Luque is starting to look more effective with the ball now. When he gets it he holds it better and even beats the odd man.

I think it would have been difficult for him to do any better than he did last night playing up front on his own. He's clearly not an out and out striker so playing up on his own was even more difficult and he got very little service.

That said he just looks like he's not trying most of the time and trots about like he has no interest being there.

Luque is starting to look more effective with the ball now. When he gets it he holds it better and even beats the odd man.

I think it would have been difficult for him to do any better than he did last night playing up front on his own. He's clearly not an out and out striker so playing up on his own was even more difficult and he got very little service.

That said he just looks like he's not trying most of the time and trots about like he has no interest being there.

He's got one hell of a first touch when he fancies using it. The amount of times a big ball forward was just trapped on the top of his boot and brought under control was great, also used a bit of strength to back into the defenders and get amongest them. Disappeared a bit and is obviously not match fit or really suited to being played there on his own but showed a bit of promise. What was with him making a point to go across and shake the refs hand before he came off though?

If he doesn't score a hat-trick on Saturday he'll be banished to the reserves again for another 3 months.

Give him a run of games as if Martins or Shola would be given, and then decide....

If he doesn't score a hat-trick on Saturday he'll be banished to the reserves again for another 3 months.

Give him a run of games as if Martins or Shola would be given, and then decide....

If he does play and hasn't scored, oooh, at least four, by the twentieth minute, I shall loudly boo him. Repeatedly.

I think that the post-game reaction shows a good team spirit, too. I also think that those who are convinced Roeder HATES LUQUE WITH A PASSION AND WANTS HIM TO FAIL are probably a little misguided, given that they hugged after the game. Also you can see that everyone at the club WANTS Luque to succeed.

ruudaltj9.jpg

Tbh.

I think that the post-game reaction shows a good team spirit, too. I also think that those who are convinced Roeder HATES LUQUE WITH A PASSION AND WANTS HIM TO FAIL are probably a little misguided, given that they hugged after the game. Also you can see that everyone at the club WANTS Luque to succeed.

ruudaltj9.jpg

Tbh.

:)

If he's as poor (outside of the goal) as he was last night and doesn't score, then you might be right tbh.

Guest Patrokles

ruudaltj9.jpg

Tbh.

Not necessarily. If you listen to Roeder's interview on World, too, he basically confirms exactly what I said, almost verbatim. That HE wants Luque to succeed, that the rest of the players want Luque to succeed, etc.

If he's as poor (outside of the goal) as he was last night and doesn't score, then you might be right tbh.

As opposed to inside the goal? :)

Guest Patrokles

He's not likely to say "I hate him, I want him to FAIL, nay I want him to DIE" is he?

Why say anything much at all? It's funny how selective people are about when to believe Roeder. When he praises Bramble, for example, no one says 'well, maybe it's just because he HAS to work with Bramble until January, at least, and he's not going to say that he wants shot.' But when he says something about Luque, who seems to be a cause célèbre for those who particularly hate Roeder, he must be duplicitous.

Contradictory and inconsistent arguments.

As opposed to inside the goal? :)

He might be better in nets. At least he'd have an excuse for standing around doing fuck all a lot of the time. :(

He's not likely to say "I hate him, I want him to FAIL, nay I want him to DIE" is he?

Why say anything much at all? It's funny how selective people are about when to believe Roeder. When he praises Bramble, for example, no one says 'well, maybe it's just because he HAS to work with Bramble until January, at least, and he's not going to say that he wants shot.' But when he says something about Luque, who seems to be a cause célèbre for those who particularly hate Roeder, he must be duplicitous.

Can't say I remember him saying much about Bramble, ceratinly nowt good, and to be honest that would be the case if he did.

And look at the bull shit he came out with about Carr.

Back to Luque, I think Roeder also mentioned that he needs to keep working hard. That's generally a statement that means he probably won't be in the reckoning much.

You can't just read everything anyone says at face value.

Can't say I remember him saying much about Bramble, ceratinly nowt good, and to be honest that would be the case if he did.

And look at the bull shit he came out with about Carr.

Back to Luque, I think Roeder also mentioned that he needs to keep working hard. That's generally a statement that means he probably won't be in the reckoning much.

You can't just read everything anyone says at face value.

I get the distinct feeling Luque has pissed on Roeder's chips like, after eating asparagus as well.

Sorry if I don't have concrete evidence to back this up though. :)

He'll be the same standard as Martins then, right?