Is anyone that bothered about the result tonight?

Gemmill

It's weird, but I'm just not too concerned about it. I think I've accepted that we're in a dogfight in the league, so the UEFA Cup is just a distraction. I'm actually looking forward to watching the match, but I'm not nervous about the result or anything like I would normally be.

I'm looking forward to watching this one on the telly tonight more than I am going to the one on Saturday. Every home league game this season is gonna be awful unless we see a big change in our fortunes sharpish.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon we could get our arsed well and truely kicked. They are an in form side and we are putting out a team of reserves (rightly so).

I predict a riot. I predict a riot.

Sorry, that's for Satdee - not tonight.

Tonight, I'm gonna have myself, a real good time. I feel ali..i..ive. And the world, we'll turn.....

Football? Tonight?

Hmmmmmmmmm, reckon we could lose, like :mellow: Or, using the words of my new song: I couldn't give a shite, couldn't give a shite la la la. (okay, I made the bit up about having a new song)

I keep thinking back to games like Olympiakos and Basle where I thought we'd get hammered but did the business.

I know we're probably worse now than then but I still do try and be optimistic.

Looking forward to tonight and Saturday. One thing about being in a relegation battle, which I believe we are, is it makes matches more exciting.

That's about as positive as it gets from you. Feeling ok? :mellow:

I'm looking forward to see how things pan out tonight. I wasn't overly optimistic about the Fenerbache game as they are a good side and we've been struggling for some time - yet we got a result against them.

We could do the same against Palermo. Luque has a golden opportunity to stake his claim (I think it's criminal he's been sat on the bench after that reserve game against 'pool) but we need to create more in midfield.

I think a win will be good for the team as it will carry back to the league. The league is most important, but after the Charlton game we need to get some rewards for our hard work before the rot firmly sets in and we start believing it doesnt matter what we do.

For confidence (when you have none like us) its always good to win and play well, for strikers to get a goal and the defence to get a clean sheet, so i'm hoping we do well.

We always play better in europe these days anyway, and lets be honest how could we not play better than we are in the prem!

But the most important game is obviously Sheff Utd, we have to win that one as anything less is a frightening thought. And it will be a far tougher game than Charlton which we failed to win.

Everything's going wrong, so Renton couldn't be happier basically.

Hmmm, that makes sense. Things have been shit for 3 years now, I should be the happiest person in the world if that was the case.

I like matches where there is a lot at stake is all I meant, and that is certainly true of Saturday.

my team for the night:

Given

Babyaro

Carr

Bernard

Duff

Parker

Emre

Dyer

Owen

Martins

Shola

Seriously if we get a point tonight i'd be over the moon it would no doubt get us past the group stage. I'd go:

Krul

Ramage

Taylor

Moore

Bramble

Butt

N'Zogbia

Solano

Milner

Luque

CyberSki

Have you seen who the ref is for tonight's match?

Do you reckon he does a bit of marching?

:mellow:

He's the fella who sent Taylor off in that U21 match against Germany recently, apparently. Oh good.

Krul

Ramage

Taylor

Moore

Bramble

Butt

N'Zogbia

Solano

Milner

Luque

CyberSki

fuck me, we're in trouble if that's our strongest eleven.

that's got to be the poorest starting eleven we've had since we've been in the top flight.

Krul

Ramage

Taylor

Moore

Bramble

Butt

N'Zogbia

Solano

Milner

Luque

CyberSki

fuck me, we're in trouble if that's our strongest eleven.

Indeed, if we hadn't of beat Fenerbahce the other week I wouldn't be confident at all of us progressing to the knock-out stages.

Have you seen who the ref is for tonight's match?

Do you reckon he does a bit of marching?

:mellow:

He's the fella who sent Taylor off in that U21 match against Germany recently, apparently. Oh good.

Thank god someone got that. I was thinking I was being a bit weird or something.