Oh great

Meenzer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jan/2...e-geordie-shore

MTV buffs up Jersey Shore for UK as Geordie Shore

Network to make British version of hit US format in Newcastle

It is the most popular show US music cable network MTV has ever had. Now the broadcaster is bringing its hit reality show Jersey Shore, in which eight impeccably groomed twentysomethings share a beach house on New Jersey's Atlantic coast, to the UK. The twist is that it will be based in Newcastle and renamed ... Geordie Shore.

MTV said it chose to base the series in the north-east because its residents know how to have a good time come rain or shine. "Jersey Shore is set in the summer and it is always summer in the north-east," said Kerry Taylor, the director of television for MTV Networks UK and Ireland. "No one wears a coat and Geordie girls are always out in their miniskirts."

The original US incarnation, which began in 2009, quickly became a cultural phenomenon and returned for its third series with 8.4 million viewers earlier this month.

But it was not to everyone's tastes – one Guardian writer described it as making "Big Brother look like Dostoyevsky" – and it caused controversy after it was accused of stereotyping Italian-Americans.

The UK version of the show will be made by Liverpool-based Lime Pictures, producer of another teen reality show, The Only Way Is Essex, which was a hit for digital channel ITV2 last year, and Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.

Taylor said it would be "loosely based on the American show". "The things we are taking away is the great cast – memorable characters who are funny and brash but at the same time warm and get on with each other," she added.

Fiona O'Sullivan, the head of factual at Lime Pictures, added: "We've already found some perfect characters to bring Geordie Shore to life and can't wait to get filming on what we believe will become the next big, must-watch, reality show."

Geordie Shore will air on MTV in the UK in late spring or early summer.

:jesuswept:

Edited by Meenzer

Fiona O'Sullivan, the head of factual at Lime Pictures, added: "We've already found some perfect characters to bring Geordie Shore to life and can't wait to get filming on what we believe will become the next big, must-watch, reality show."

Latest bit of ITK is that they post on this very forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Are you ready for a new reality TV obsession? Then prepare yourself for MTV’s new show the Geordie Shore – yep, it’s just like the Jersey Shore but set in sunny Newcastle. Brilliant, right?

We’ve already had a look inside the house that the cast has been living in (and making a mess of) – but now it’s time to meet the residents...

Get ready to let eight lads and lasses take over your TV viewing life. There’s Jay, a party monster who’s out on the pull every night, Gaz who claims his manhood is the size of a TV remote control (ick), Vicky who thinks she’s more of a Newcastle A-lister than Cheryl Cole, feisty Holly who’s very proud of her enhanced assets, Charlotte who swears by the tin-food diet (anything that comes out of a tin is ok by her), Spice boys (see the talking Geordie guide) James and Greg who spend the longest in the house getting preened for nights out, and finally blingtastic Sophie who you’ll probably see dancing on tables – a lot.

We don’t know about you but we can’t wait for the show to start.

www.mtv.co.uk/shows/geordie-shore from 24 May at 10pm on MTV

MTV’s Guide To Talking Geordie

Spice boys – pretty boys

Tash on – snogging

Swilling – throwing a drink over someone

Soound as a poound – good/approved

It’ll be proper mint! – it will be great

ahfancyhor or ahfancyhim – I fancy her / him

Purely belter – really good

Alreet marra? - you alright mate?

Ah wes palatick – I enjoyed myself

Hoy – ye – taxi

Video of contestants here

http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainment/TV/...-Geordie-Shore/

Looks so bad it could be good! I have a feeling none of them will be safe on a night out in Newcastle again after this airs

I see you're first up on the video... :lol:

Seen them in Whitley Bay on Easter Monday, they look like a bunch of twats. They could have picked better looking lasses, most of them were fake tanned looked fucking awful, they're quite big girls aswell.

Seen them in Whitley Bay on Easter Monday, they look like a bunch of twats. They could have picked better looking lasses, most of them were fake tanned looked fucking awful, they're quite big girls aswell.

That's the entire point.

This show sadly reinforces the idea that southerners have of - would it be too precious to say 'us' here? - Geordies as a bunch of crass unintelligible blockheads. Great. :lol:

Kevin, Toughguy and Deadman.

With Leazes joining halfway through.

with you spouting from the Koran and wearing the burkha

Card carrying Atheist me, you namby pamby nut job

:lol:

nah, you've got it wrong mate.....Atheist is fine, but pc do-gooder, is not.

Kevin, Toughguy and Deadman.

With Leazes joining halfway through.

with you spouting from the Koran and wearing the burkha

Card carrying Atheist me, you namby pamby nut job

:lol:

nah, you've got it wrong mate.....Atheist is fine, but pc do-gooder, is not.

Me no pc

apple-logo-black-xsan.jpg