The deadly man flu thread

JJ

Icing is some infringement (not sure what but it's like an equivalent of off-side I think). Nowt to do with cakes. D-man is defensive man (at a guess).

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Icing is some infringement (not sure what but it's like an equivalent of off-side I think). Nowt to do with cakes. D-man is defensive man (at a guess).

Still lost to be honest.

Can't fathom why having the flu causes someone to want to "Ice" a "D-man".

I guess Brock was just as confused by that though. Still, nice of him to let us know.

Brock, someone I know once had a cold too. [/class story]

Obviously at the time of writing my then coach had had the flu akin to this thread. :lol:

And I've never owned a car, was just on the insurance for me mam's.

SLP I'm now plying my hockey trade in Nottingham, I'm playing for the Nottingham Mavericks in the BUIHA league. Playing week in week out these days on ice that's half decent unlike the shithole that is Bracknell.

Haven't even been able to view this forum let alone log in and post since the beginning of this week. Kept saying there was an IPS driver error or something. :D Working fine now though. :rolleyes:

Good lad Brock son. Haven't been to see the Vipers in a while myself, I was a bit pissed off at paying full proce when they were giving a sho tload of tickets away to randoms. It was like going to a bairns assembly. Still go to watch the Warriors every so often, play in a shit tip though.

Obviously at the time of writing my then coach had had the flu akin to this thread. :lol:

SLP I'm now plying my hockey trade in Nottingham, I'm playing for the Nottingham Mavericks in the BUIHA league. Playing week in week out these days on ice that's half decent unlike the shithole that is Bracknell.

Haven't even been able to view this forum let alone log in and post since the beginning of this week. Kept saying there was an IPS driver error or something. :D Working fine now though. :rolleyes:

Been to the national ice centre in town at all Brock?

Been to the national ice centre in town at all Brock?

I play my hockey there. Absolutely love it. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

:nufc:

Nah it's man flu.

Horrible`, as the french would probably say.

My fault for

A. Playing football on tuesday, it was specially cold.

B. Walking the dogs for 1 hr plus in a hoodie :nufc:

Man Flu is stalking JawD :nufc:

Its looming, I can feel it. So far I feel that my throat has a shard of glass stuck in it and Im living off a diet of Soothers.

Good lad Brock son. Haven't been to see the Vipers in a while myself, I was a bit pissed off at paying full proce when they were giving a sho tload of tickets away to randoms. It was like going to a bairns assembly. Still go to watch the Warriors every so often, play in a shit tip though.

Got a 6-2 hammering off the Panthers on Tuesday like. McDonald had a shocker, skated straight to the dressing room in the 3rd after Nottingham scored 4 in under 10 mins. Didn't even wait for the coach to bring him off. :nufc:

Payette had 2 fights. :nufc:

Man Flu is stalking JawD :nufc:

Its looming, I can feel it. So far I feel that my throat has a shard of glass stuck in it and Im living off a diet of Soothers.

I had that earlier this week. Make sure you drink at least 3 litres of warm herbal tea, get yourself some Vicks First Defence and vitamin C tablets, and with any luck you'll be spared Man Flu.

Edited by Bombadil

Man Flu is stalking JawD :lol:

I had that earlier this week. Make sure you drink at least 3 litres of warm herbal tea, get yourself some Vicks First Defence and vitamin C tablets, and with any luck you'll be spared Man Flu.

Only just got rid of it. Little fucker that was :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I asked my goalie coach why he was icing as a d-man last night.

"I've actually had the flu for a week, so I'm going to be a player tonight."

:D

Did this make sense to anyone else?

One cup 2 ice hockey players? :)

I am currently afflicted. Now, I'm usually quite good at surviving man flu, however I'm going home on Wednesday. I don't fancy sitting on planes for over 24 hours while my head feels like it's going to explode. :D