The deadly man flu thread

JJ

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a flu jab at work soon, handy.

One lass turned it down because she reckons if "us" young people all have them there won't be enough for the old people who really need it :)

Only happens in years when the Government needs to balance the books (so this year they are probably just going to gas em). :D

I blame this thread for the fact that I have currently got deadly man flu

although it could be glandular fever but still :)

Or ebola, the symptoms are scarily similar. :D

Went to take the bairn to school this morning and had dash back in the house at the final minute, shiteing and spewing, it came from nowhere. Had to come home after dropping her off and hit the bog again. Spewed on the way to work and had a stinking headache all day as well as more trots and shivers.

Whats going on?

Went to take the bairn to school this morning and had dash back in the house at the final minute, shiteing and spewing, it came from nowhere. Had to come home after dropping her off and hit the bog again. Spewed on the way to work and had a stinking headache all day as well as more trots and shivers.

Whats going on?

Sounds like food poisoning or gastroenteritis.

Whats going on?

I had the latter when I was 15... still gives me nightmares now, I barely had any energy to move, could only get comfort from laying in bed yet had to get to the bathroom quicker than Usain Bolt.

it's a living hell that one.

I recovered from my man flu very well. Was on my deathbed on Monday yet was fit to fly yesterday and got home without any mucous related mishaps. Now it's the jetleg. It's after midnight and I'm wide awake. If there is anything worse than man flu it's jetlag. :jesuswept:

Whats going on?

I had the latter when I was 15... still gives me nightmares now, I barely had any energy to move, could only get comfort from laying in bed yet had to get to the bathroom quicker than Usain Bolt.

it's a living hell that one.

I had it twice in the space of a couple of years, was fucking horrible. Was much worse the first time though, not really eating or drinking anything for 2 weeks but still managing to shit and puke somehow.

Loaded with it myself for a couple of days now

1000% RDA vit.c tablets and lemsips are the key!

You're probably better off eating some oranges/fruit, vit c tablets usually aren't very bio-available - not that high doses of Vit C are necessarily a great thing for colds anyway (barring placebo).

Bio-chemically and £££'s-wise protein powder is probably the better option.

I hate the phrase man flu, it just reminds me of boring fat young women talking about weight watchers points, exactly the sort of thing they would say.

I have the curse :jesuswept: Feel like shit, throat feels like it has a razor blade lodged in it, right nostril is blocked while the left is like Iguassu falls.

I hate the phrase man flu, it just reminds me of boring fat young women talking about weight watchers points, exactly the sort of thing they would say.

Stop hanging around with them then and you won't have to listen to it.

You're probably better off eating some oranges/fruit, vit c tablets usually aren't very bio-available - not that high doses of Vit C are necessarily a great thing for colds anyway (barring placebo).

Reading your posts has led me to the conclusion that you mustn't have many friends.

Reading your posts has led me to the conclusion that you mustn't have many friends.

They all died of man-flu, I learnt from bitter, bitter experience. :jesuswept:

(I guess it depends whether you like the truth or a nice placebo - yes your girlfriend is quite correct about your penis size :lol:)