Christmas Decs

bobbyshinton

When does yours go up and to what extent?

The Shints, 2 weeks before. Tree and rasteful indoor decs.

People who do the outside are a pack of tits, but they cheer me up, so well done.

The G mans house decs like Abacus balls.

Rentons, like the princess's castle

Wacky, like brough park.

Cat, pussy all over.

Meenzer, like times square (newcastle) careful when there it's like a ice rink ;)

People who do the outside are a pack of tits, but they cheer me up, so well done.

;)

Ours go up fairly late and tend to be canny tasteful. Personally, I'd like tacky but my Mrs thinks tinsel is the spawn of the devil. Plus our cat tends to eat anything and everything.

The Tree goes up about a week before Christmas and comes down on January 6. Its a real tree mind, not an artifical one.

We don't go in for a load of decorations. Just the tree and its decorations and lights, some lights in the dining room and cards in the living room and dining room, and that's it. I can't stand OTT decoartions.

If people want to put a few lights in their window, fair enough, but all the tack outdoor decorations - horrible.

Tree goes up about two weeks before Xmas and comes down on New Years day. I'd love to say it's tastefully done but it's just a mish-mash of all the left over tinsel and baubles from past years. It looks a fucking mess.

The Tree goes up about a week before Christmas and comes down on January 6. Its a real tree mind, not an artifical one.

We don't go in for a load of decorations. Just the tree and its decorations and lights, some lights in the dining room and cards in the living room and dining room, and that's it. I can't stand OTT decoartions.

If people want to put a few lights in their window, fair enough, but all the tack outdoor decorations - horrible.

thats nigh on woor hoose

Two or three weeks beforehand at my parents' place. A "tasteful" Swedish approach, for which read a boring but fairly pretty selection of red, gold and straw-coloured decorations and basic white candles and stuff.

Have never bothered with putting up anything in my own place since I always head back home for Christmas/New Year itself.

I usually fight it off as long as I can then eventually give in after the blackpool illuminations that is my street set off.

Actually, they aint that bad. Most often mid december. Tree n lights inside, and a row of lights down the side of the drive to the house. Oh, and some candle light thing on the window.

Its a pain in the arse to set up, more so when I realise that I ripped it down the year before and have to spend an hour sorting the mess that is a wire bundle come birds nest out.

The house on Longbenton Estate that leaves them up all year round is a personal favourite.

Always helps with the festivity in June. ;)

Mine will probably go up a week before Christmas. I'm not really big on decorations though.

Nevermind Christmas Decorations, my work have had loads of people from the community in over the last couple of days recording a Christmas CD which will be our Card this year to be sent out to the local organisations etc.

I think I am meant to be taking part soon, but they have two chances of me adding my vocals to it.

None and fook all.. ;)

A real tree "massive one" about a fortnight before Xmas.....tastefully decorated with matching baubles ornaments , bells , beads and lights. A garland for the fireplace and my lighted Santa n Snowman in the windows !!! I lurrves Xmas I does ;)

if I had my way it'd be something on the mantle piece, a couple of candle thingies dotted about the place, a tree of sorts but not bent under the weight of all those shite plastic baubels, and stockings.

fucking hate the polava(sp?) that surrounds Xmas.

My sister is far too anal about the whole thing, same height tree, from Peter Barrets every year, same fucking decorations in the same fucking place every year, all the cards must be displayed at all times, tree has to be up the second weekend in Dec and down by the second weekend in Jan.

I just bog off out the house until they've put em up and bog off while they take em down.

Want nowt to do with the stupid bickering arguments and hissy fits thrown when something isn't just so.

Mates house in Seaton Sluice is on the Corner of what they call Christmas Street, full to burst of all those stupid tacky shite plastic lights and moving things.. FFS they had fake snow a couple of years ago, despite an inch or so on the ground...

twats.

;)

Not at all this year. Well at least not on the xmas tree front.

Going down to Plymouth to stay with me cousins and then I'm away from home for a bit, so me mam can't be bothered with it all.

That and the kittens would knock everything off the tree anyway.