Official Match Thread: Arsenal Vs Newcastle United

Jimbo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this shit? I used to think Henry was class but after that obvious bit of cheating I don't know what to say.

That he's a cheating bastard?

I'm sure it won't get in the way of match of the day having an Henry jizzfest as per normal though!

I'm happy with that. What I'm not happy with is the fact that Martins looks like he doesn't even know he's meant to be playing football, and that Moore looks like he's fucked his hamstring and we've no replacement for him...

What is this shit? I used to think Henry was class but after that obvious bit of cheating I don't know what to say.

EDIT: I can't fathom how that wasn't a red. He should just be honest and put an Arsenal jersey on.

what did he do?

EDIT: I can't fathom how that wasn't a red. He should just be honest and put an Arsenal jersey on.

what did he do?

Think he pulled Bramble back when he was breaking free

We should stick with Dyer and Martins up top for the next few games.

Both played well today as did Given ;)

Martins crossed for Dyer to score. According to the radio commentary he was woeful.

Martins crossed for Dyer to score. According to the radio commentary he was woeful.

They were talking crap. He didn't have a goal threat, but he was a constant pain for Arsenal to deal with, due to his pace and power. Linked up well with Dyer, who was excellent.

I've watched it over the net and he played well, he showed strength to hold the ball up and linked well with Dyer, some of his touches were excellent.

He didn't really have any chances in front of goal but that was because we were on the back foot most of the match.

What did they say about Duff and Ramage BTW? Both were absolutely fucking shite.

Edited by Baggio

I've watched it over the net and he played well, he showed strength to hold the ball up and linked well with Dyer, some of his touches were excellent.

He didn't really have any chances in front of goal but that was because we were on the back foot most of the match.

What did they say about Duff and Ramage BTW? Both were absolutely fucking shite.

He had some nice touches, but was largely ineffectual, lost the ball an awful lost and didn't run much off the ball. He looks like he needs at least another couple of months, maybe the rest of the season to adapt. He's been put under a rediculous amount of pressure to adapt from Italian football in a role he doesn't really look comfortable with. It's 100% Roeders' fault and I don't think he can be critised for his commitment. He's improving as he adapts, It looks like the skill's there, but I am still concerned about his movement.

has anyone seen what his strike rates were for inter... he was used more as a supersub... got a few goals when coming on for slower players and playing against tired markers... not from the start as per today.

Its almost a different sport !

look how the likes of Bergkamp, Vieira, Kluivert, and Henry all struggled in Italian football and then were great success when they moved on, it looks to be the same for Martins, he needs time to settle.

Oh, almost forgot, that Fabregas wants his career ending. Little cunt.

aye pettyness personified! I remember last season when he deliberately stamped on SHearer's ankle as Alan set up Nobby for the winner at SJP, just because he got beaten to the ball. Little shit.

I'm actually annoyed that we didn't hold on today, but that's because I hate Arsenal that much.

I was really worried about Damage having to face the likes of Hleb, Damage is woeful in one on ones and he gives too much space for them to work with. Baba is not the best but he's the only left-back we have, don't we have a left-back on the reserve team who is half way decent.

I was really worried about Damage having to face the likes of Hleb, Damage is woeful in one on ones and he gives too much space for them to work with. Baba is not the best but he's the only left-back we have, don't we have a left-back on the reserve team who is half way decent.

Bernard ;)

We played a 8 - 1 - 1 formation for the whole second half. On 3 or 4 occasions dyer or martins got through against the last 2 defenders and every time not 1 man even dared venture out of our half. The Result? They took the ball off us and camped out on our 18yeard line again.

Shocking tactics. We could have won that game if we hadnt been so negative in the second half.

Dyer was man of the match by a mile and fabregas should have been sent off for a horror challenge and for picking about 3 seperate fights!

We played a 8 - 1 - 1 formation for the whole second half. On 3 or 4 occasions dyer or martins got through against the last 2 defenders and every time not 1 man even dared venture out of our half. The Result? They took the ball off us and camped out on our 18yeard line again.

Shocking tactics. We could have won that game if we hadnt been so negative in the second half.

Dyer was man of the match by a mile and fabregas should have been sent off for a horror challenge and for picking about 3 seperate fights!

Ah but you're stupidly forgetting he plays for arsenal and thus refs in this country will happilly allow him to do as much of it as he wants and then the following week go and punish a Watford/Charlton etc. player for the exact same offence, just as they would have done to any of our players.

All these people who worship arsenal as if they were the greatest thing in history should watch their players and manager's antics in every game where they lose, or things don't go exactly the way they want. Then they show what a bunch of twats they are.

Edited by Papa Lazaru