Official Match Thread: Arsenal Vs Newcastle United

Jimbo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All these people who worship arsenal as if they were the greatest thing in history should watch their players and manager's antics in every game where they lose, or things don't go exactly the way they want. Then they show what a bunch of twats they are.

Tell me about it... the whole aura that the club has is so condescending, how highly they think of themselves as if everything should fall on their lap because they try playing passing football. ;)

but we did look like a top 3 side i reckon

The pessimistic knee jerks are bad but that is taking the piss.

did you watch the game?

We were fucking class and matched arsenal all over the pitch,

Bramble even skinned some random,

ok maybe not top 3 but deffo top 6

I thought they played the game at Arsenal how it should have been,let them bring the game to us and not give them the chance to catch us on the break,if we had of played it different then they would have murdered us,take the chance or two in games like that and you've always got a chance of getting a good result when everyone expects the worst.

I thought they played the game at Arsenal how it should have been,let them bring the game to us and not give them the chance to catch us on the break,if we had of played it different then they would have murdered us,take the chance or two in games like that and you've always got a chance of getting a good result when everyone expects the worst.

Taking notes from O'Neil from the start of the season tbh.

If there was ever a team since the prem started who you can use the negative, defend deep and try to hang on tactics then its the arse. They insist on fannying about trying to walk the ball into the net and will always piss away good chances over 90 mins so you have a chance of this tactic working.

Also as an added bonus it really, really fucks Wenger and his players off when you do it which is great!

However as Roeder unfortunately proved if you have a team like ours who is not defensive and can't play that style well, you don't use this tactic against the likes of manu because they will take enough of their chances and won't piss about for ages sulking that you won't let them play their pretty football.

Defended brilliantly, which is almost unbelievable with our rabble! Given made 2 or 3 quality saves though, 1-1 will do though.

Seems as if Mick Lowes has moved his attention onto slagging off Martins if he thought he was woeful today, thought he was really dangerous.

did you watch the game?

Yes I saw the game.

We played well but Arsenal didn't look motivated until the 2nd half and Henry came on and could have won the game if it wasn't for Given's heroics. I was pleased with the performance but to say it was top 3 is quite frankly laughable.

A nice couple of little shimies:

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=...e=5375Movie.wmv

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=...rtins_skill.wmv

hopefully he's building up to something good.

Quality!

What was with all the yellow cards in the final minutes? Bit of a scuffle or something or what?

Cant believe we held onto draw against Arsenal at Emirates! That is hilarious. Just hope Dyer stays fit from now on end. Well done lads.

A nice couple of little shimies:

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=...e=5375Movie.wmv

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=...rtins_skill.wmv

hopefully he's building up to something good.

Quality!

What was with all the yellow cards in the final minutes? Bit of a scuffle or something or what?

Cant believe we held onto draw against Arsenal at Emirates! That is hilarious. Just hope Dyer stays fit from now on end. Well done lads.

The yellow card for zoggy at the end was harsh. Zoggys sleeve brushed Walcott, Walcott hurt his face on nothing got up holding it.

Martins was steaming towards goal past Gallas one defender to beat for the 3 points but Gallas brought him down. That would have been great if we scored with that as the last kick of the game.

Edited by rebellious

arsenal were by far the better side and probably deserved to win the game, but we looked more of a threat than we have done for a while thanks largely to dyer and martins up front. there was some nice link up play between dyer and solano too.

did you watch the game?

Yes I saw the game.

We played well but Arsenal didn't look motivated until the 2nd half and Henry came on and could have won the game if it wasn't for Given's heroics. I was pleased with the performance but to say it was top 3 is quite frankly laughable.

Did you read that properly?

;)

arsenal were by far the better side and probably deserved to win the game, but we looked more of a threat than we have done for a while thanks largely to dyer and martins up front. there was some nice link up play between dyer and solano too.

as has been said earlier, Nobby's game lifts when he has people around him making many and intelligent runs.

Garth Crooks has got FOUR of our lot in his team of the week. No arguements about Given, a nice return for Kieron, but Moore? And was Ramage really the best leftback in the prem this weekend?

Clickety-Click

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

When you've got Taylor, Bramble, Moore and Ramage playing at least you have four honest defenders who don't hide like Babayaro and Carr. I think the back four played well (Taylor's daft foul apart) and they made some great last ditch challenges at times. They may not be great but I'd take the likes of Ramage and Taylor over the over two who weren't playing any day in a battle. Which is probably what we'll be in from now until the season end. I'd take Wayne Bridge in January too like.

My worry is when they are all fit he will put them all back in the team and we will play shit again.

Thats an understandable worry as its simply a fact, he will put them back in!

I can understand Baba for Ramage as he is a left back with a left foot and Ramage really struggles to play there. Though as Alex said he will give everything he has there.

With Carr its a disgrace he keeps bringing him in when there are other defenders who can play on the right a damn sight better than they can on the left and are all playing better than Carr.

Edited by Papa Lazaru