Luque sick of Roeder

Jimbo

Luque sick of Glenn Roeder

By JAMES CONWAY

November 22, 2006

ALBERT LUQUE has admitted he is sick of being left out of the Newcastle team.

The Spanish striker is losing patience with boss Glenn Roeder after being omitted from the squad for the second match in a row against Arsenal last weekend.

Luque, 28, signed for £9.5million from Deportivo last summer, has started just THREE games this season, all in Europe, but has scored in two of them.

As the Toon prepare to face Celta Vigo in the UEFA Cup tomorrow, Luque said: “My patience is getting thinner every time and if things continue I will have to look for an exit.

“The decision not to call me up for the last game against Arsenal was the decision of

the manager. I did not like it.

“My priority is to return to Spain, the best place to live. I have not had many opportunities.”

He's only saying what we* are all thinking.

*Except gemmill.

Yeah, all the Toon fans I know really rate Luque and think he's been so hard done to since arriving. Exemplary attitude couple with a true fighting spirit tbh.

He's only saying what we* are all thinking.

*Except gemmill.

Yeah, all the Toon fans I know really rate Luque and think he's been so hard done to since arriving. Exemplary attitude couple with a true fighting spirit tbh.

Aye, I wasn't gonna say anything like, but I suspected it wasn't just me that thinks he's a waste of space.

How many times have we heard this dickhead talk the talk in the paper then turn up on the pitch and just allow the game to pass him by.........then question why the manager won't start him in the next game? Useless lazy knackersack.

I do feel that it is exceptionally hard to judge him when he's never had a decent run games. Players need this especially when they have came from abroad and have to adapt to new surroundings (something I'm sure we haven't helped him or many other foreign players in the way we should have).

That said it's all very well Luque talking a good game but the top and bottom of it is that he doesn't put in the effort required for him to deserve any better treatment than what he is now getting. And I am not talking about what we hear he does or doesn't do in training. Quite simply he doesn't look arsed when he gets on the pitch and regardless of whether or not this is down to how he has been dealt with by our "management" in the past he has to show he wants to play with actions and not words.

I don't think Luque has had a fair crack of the whip and I think this may be partly down to Roeder writing him off from day one. I think this may have had a subsequent impact on his attitude in training. And (as Sima) alluded to at the time, Roeder hung him out to dry in the press prior to the Palermo game. I also suspect he hasn't done himself any favours in this regard and I seriously doubt whether he's cut out for English football anyway. Quite probably there is fault on both sides.

It seems like both sides have had enough of each other.

Luque wants to return to 'the best place to live' (other than N.Tyneside, obviously) - Spain.

NUFC, it appears to me, are trying to sicken him into asking for a transfer so they don't have to pay him any percentage of a transfer fee.

A pathetic situation that both sides are responsible for causing imo. He should never have been bought. Yet another 9.5m totally wasted. How much will we get back for him? Probably no more than 3m ;)

It seems like both sides have had enough of each other.

Luque wants to return to 'the best place to live' (other than N.Tyneside, obviously) - Spain.

NUFC, it appears to me, are trying to sicken him into asking for a transfer so they don't have to pay him any percentage of a transfer fee.

A pathetic situation that both sides are responsible for causing imo. He should never have been bought. Yet another 9.5m totally wasted. How much will we get back for him? Probably no more than 3m ;)

Spot and on.

Luque will never be the answer and it will be the best for all concerned if he goes in January, but the fact is, the last game he started he scored our winning goal. Roeder did hang him out to dry before that game and if Luque hadn't scored, he would never have played again. The thing is, he did get the winning goal and still didn't get a chance.

“My priority is to return to Spain, the best place to live. I have not had many opportunities.”

TBH I don't think he ever really wanted to come here (probably an agent convincing him for the money), or at least realised he'd made a big mistake pretty early on.

I guess the question is would have someone like Bobby Robson actually got a player out of him at newcastle, or would he still have just wanted to be back off to Spain anyway?

TBH I don't think he ever really wanted to come here (probably an agent convincing him for the money), or at least realised he'd made a big mistake pretty early on.

I guess the question is would have someone like Bobby Robson actually got a player out of him at newcastle, or would he still have just wanted to be back off to Spain anyway?

Viana? (ok I know he was Portuguese but you can see my point). And Robson was manager when Domi was here yet he was still homesick.

I don't think Luque has had a fair crack of the whip.....................................................................

Well I do, I think Luque has had more than enough chances to show his worth and he hasn't done it, and that's his fault, not the fault of the management, When you set foot on the field it's up to you to show you belong there among your peers and Luque has failed to do that, time and time again.

Young Rossi has had far less chances than Luque to show his worth and even with his limited chances he has already shown he has more to offer than Luque does.

Luque lacks effort, lacks agression, lacks attitude, lacks urgency, and has never shown that he is the answer.

I don't think Luque has had a fair crack of the whip.....................................................................

Well I do, I think Luque has had more than enough chances to show his worth and he hasn't done it, and that's his fault, not the fault of the management, When you set foot on the field it's up to you to show you belong there among your peers and Luque has failed to do that, time and time again.

Young Rossi has had far less chances than Luque to show his worth and even with his limited chances he has already shown he has more to offer than Luque does.

Luque lacks effort, lacks agression, lacks attitude, lacks urgency, and has never shown that he is the answer.

In the spirit of Tom O'Connor, he says he'll name those games in 4, name those games....

It doesn't say Luque is sick of Roeder in that article. He's getting annoyed, but that doesn't mean he's disgusted by Roeder and wouldn't stop loathing him if his life depended on it. Another example of how everything he says is interpreted as worse than it actually is.