favourite footballer (doesn't have to be a nufc player)

tinofbeans

Gazza when he was first breaking into the Newcastle team was amazing. As far as Defenders go I have never seen anyone at Newcastle as good as Woodgate.

From other teams Ryan Giggs and Kenny Dagleish. I like pacy wingers too and my Dad says his favourite Newcastle player was Tony Green who I would really like to save seen from the descriptions I have heard.

Edited by Super7

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who ive actaully seen...

Shearer

Recoba

Robert (when he wasnt a prick)

Asprilla

Pedro (met him twice too)

Nedved

Trezeguet

Buffon

and thats all i can think of for now

Gascoigne for me, probably followed by Waddle and Beardsley

Gazza for me. Never seen anyone as good as he was in the run in in 1986(iirc). Incredible footballer. Woodgate was very brilliant too. Still think he is head and shoulders above every other British centre half and certainly the best in black and white by a country mile.

Edited by gram

Guest Patrokles

Robert and Gillespie, believe it or not. I'm not saying they were the best I've ever seen, but I loved them both during their time at Newcastle.

Nedved was a fucking fantastic player.

Roy Keane was also incredible, despite the fact he was a total cock. Loved him for Ireland.

Shearer(obviously) and Parker are two huge faves of mine as well.

Parker's performance at home to Arsenal last season was something I'll remember for a long time.

Forgot to add hagi to my list. Awesome left foot. Used to like Lee Sharpe as well before he got a bad inury. Thought he would be a world beater.

Hagi is one of my favorites too. He was superb in WC 94, especially against the Argies.

Still remember that backheel-goal Sharpe scored against Barca in the CL, brilliant.

Forgot to add hagi to my list. Awesome left foot. Used to like Lee Sharpe as well before he got a bad inury. Thought he would be a world beater.

Is liking nose candy a bad injury like?