Your Non Footballing Sports Heroes

Tooj

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cs6482.gif

Patrick Roy. Was great. And he knew it. What a goaltender. Was incredible to watch.

01Peter_Forsberg.jpg

Peter Forsberg. It helps that he plays for the Flyers. :( but when fit this guy is amazing to watch. One of the best players in the league. Just a pity the shite that he's got on his team right now is bringing him down.

Edited by JJ

Brett Lee. Not exactly for his wonderful ability, as I think he can be erratic, but for his never say die attitude but balanced with great sportsmanship. I've got a lot of time for him.

I would have said him too. Also great how he always plays with a smile on his face. Looks like a monster when he bowls, but a great sportsman.

when i was a bairn i remember being completely facinated by trevor francis and the fact that he moved clubs for one million quid.

as far as non football goes - probably steve redgrave.

when i was a bairn i remember being completely facinated by trevor francis and the fact that he moved clubs for one million quid.

as far as non football goes - probably steve redgrave.

Jim Smith swears he only sold him for £999,999 as he didn't want to be the first manager to sell a million quid footballer. Courtesy of 'The Bald Eagle', available at all good book shops now.

boxing - roy jones JR and ali

rugby - martin johnson and richard hill and wasali serevi

motorsport - valentino rossi, senna, colin mcrae

running. michael johnson

basket ball larry bird and michael jordan

pole vault - that russian bird thats winning all the world records and medals and stuff.

Speaking of which, Sergei Bubka was meant to be able to run the 100m in about 11.5 seconds. Carrying the pole.

"Are you a Pole Vaulter?"

"No I'm German and how did you know my name was Valter?"

;);)

:lol:

01Peter_Forsberg.jpg

Peter Forsberg. It helps that he plays for the Flyers. ;) but when fit this guy is amazing to watch. One of the best players in the league. Just a pity the shite that he's got on his team right now is bringing him down.

Probably the best player in the world before the lock-out. But aye, great player in a shit team this season. Like Luque. :lol: