TOON V READING

TOPTOON

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great highlights from Sky must say even for a CL night!! pisses all over ITV piss take.

Got to give Solano a lot of credit for the ball in, fantasticaly perfect! and his performance overall seemed brilliant. Tackling, Clearing, even heading away :)

How Babayaro managed those two miskicks is amazing.

Dont care how shite he was, the booing of him was pathetic and embarrassing at a time the side needed a lift.

Anyway, that aside, I wonder how that bird is?

It was funny though (in hindsight), to see at one point, it was still 1-2 early in the second half... the crowd seemed to suddenly get going and starting singing, getting behind the team etc, and as soon as the ball was passed to Baba, everyone seemed to start booing :)

Dont care how shite he was, the booing of him was pathetic and embarrassing at a time the side needed a lift.

Agree totally with the booing shit :D

My mate was still worried about the bird at full time :)

Thoughts:

Emre played well, I thought.

Reading are just a quicker version of Bolton. When challenging for 50-50's they always made sure of hitting the Newcastle player - something Styles seemed to ignore :)

The penalty looked a bit dubious to me. I couldn't look from the minute it was taken til the second Martin's scored it!!

We could have had four in the first half - Sibbers missed a great chance with a header (not a shot, Oliver) straight at the keeper; Sibbers scored; Martins hit the bar with a header; Milner shot from just inside the box (I think it was just inside - he was at the Leazes, I was in the Gallowgate) with his left peg straight at the keeper.

The booing of Babayaro was disgraceful imo. He seemed to be visibly wilting under the abuse - something which doesn't help any player at any time :D Yes, he was at fault for their second goal, but booing him was a shitty thing to do.

Reading fans are just Cockney Mackems.

The atmosphere was pretty good where I was - it usually is, once old big gob gets excited!

Those that didn't take your scarf - shame on you.

Thoughts:

Reading are just a quicker version of Bolton. When challenging for 50-50's they always made sure of hitting the Newcastle player - something Styles seemed to ignore :)

The penalty looked a bit dubious to me. I couldn't look from the minute it was taken til the second Martin's scored it!!

We could have had four in the first half - Sibbers missed a great chance with a header (not a shot, Oliver) straight at the keeper; Sibbers scored; Martins hit the bar with a header; Milner shot from just inside the box (I think it was just inside - he was at the Leazes, I was in the Gallowgate) with his left peg straight at the keeper.

The booing of Babayaro was disgraceful imo. He seemed to be visibly wilting under the abuse - something which doesn't help any player at any time :D Yes, he was at fault for their second goal, but booing him was a shitty thing to do.

The atmosphere was pretty good where I was - it usually is, once old big gob gets excited!

atmosphere was canny ...once the booing stopped (pricks) and yes Milner was just inside the box.

A big boo to the prick who belted a bottle off the head of the auld fella in front of me tho...am hoping it was not meant for the coloured kid sitting in front of him :D

Thoughts:

atmosphere was canny ...once the booing stopped (pricks) and yes Milner was just inside the box.

A big boo to the prick who belted a bottle off the head of the auld fella in front of me tho...am hoping it was not meant for the coloured kid sitting in front of him :D

"coloured"?

Is that term assetable in this day and age?

Thoughts:

"coloured"?

better than "black bastard" I presume ??

At the end of the highlight reel on Sky, you could see Pearson stopped Babayaro in his tracks as he was about to head down the tunnel, to have a word with him. Seemed like a good old arm around shoulder, don't let it get you down talk.

Got to say it was a canny exciting match overall... 1-0, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2!

Booing of Babs was crap, he looked uninterested after that, confidence shot. However, he look liked that beforehand too...

Was quite amused when the crowd wanted the game stopped because Kes was exhausted from doing a couple of laps. Then when the Reading keeper tried to pick it up, it managed a few meters then crash landed, the response from the crowd was if we'd missed a penalty! :) Then Martins dealt with the situation and got a round of applause! I love shit like that! :D

Hope Kes is ok though... :D

A Happy Ending For The Magpies - And The Woodcock!

THERE were plenty of talking points on an eventful evening at St. James' Park when Newcastle United defeated Reading 3-2 ...

Not least what happened to the bird that crashed into the Gallowgate turf midway through the first half?

Many in the crowd were temporarily distracted by the sight of the low-flying creature, later identified as a woodcock, as it circled around the players' heads in the early stages of the game.

And when it dropped to the grass seemingly motionless, fans were quick to bring the matter to referee Rob Styles' attention, who promptly stopped play.

A couple of aborted attempts at flying off failed, before the bird was given a helping hand by Obafemi Martins, as it was picked up and cradled by the striker before being taken off the pitch.

Now nufc.co.uk can reveal that our feathered friend had recovered from its fright by the time it was later released in Leazes Park by a member of staff, and was last seen flying off into the bushes without any sign of distress - making it a happy ending for both the woodcock and the Magpies on the night!

"coloured"?

better than "black bastard" I presume ??

Yes, but I'm reminded of

gareth2rw2.jpg

My dad, for example, he's not as cosmopolitan or as educated as me and it can be embarrasing you know. He doesn't understand all the new trendy words - like he'll say "poofs" instead of "gays", "birds" instead of "women", "darkies" instead of "coloureds".

:)

Bird? Anyone tell me what happened? :) I was at work last night, so could only quickly put sky sports news on to get the final result :D But :D:icon_lol: I knew emre would score, i even put him as first scorer in prediction league! What type of goal was it?

Bird? Anyone tell me what happened? :) I was at work last night, so could only quickly put sky sports news on to get the final result :D But :D:icon_lol: I knew emre would score, i even put him as first scorer in prediction league! What type of goal was it?

A woodcock turned up, did a bit of flying about, and clearly knackered itself. It landed on the pitch a couple of times and tried to fly off but just sort of plopped back down looking wrecked. Martins ran over and picked it up and ran off to hand it to someone to take off the pitch. Apparently it was later released in Leazes Park and was fine. Ahhhhhhhh.

Oh and Emre's goal - he picked the ball up on the halfway line, ran into pretty much empty space for a bit, knocked it round one of their defenders onto his left foot and wellied a blinding dipping shot into the roof of the net from about 22 yards or so. It looked to pretty much go through their keepers hand, but I think it was probably the dip that caught him out. Class though.