TOON V READING

TOPTOON

Dont care how shite he was, the booing of him was pathetic and embarrassing at a time the side needed a lift.

Anyway, that aside, I wonder how that bird is?

Bird? Anyone tell me what happened? :D I was at work last night, so could only quickly put sky sports news on to get the final result :D But :icon_lol::icon_lol: I knew emre would score, i even put him as first scorer in prediction league! What type of goal was it?

A woodcock turned up, did a bit of flying about, and clearly knackered itself. It landed on the pitch a couple of times and tried to fly off but just sort of plopped back down looking wrecked. Martins ran over and picked it up and ran off to hand it to someone to take off the pitch. Apparently it was later released in Leazes Park and was fine. Ahhhhhhhh.

Awww I'm so glad it was ok. Shame it wasnt Woodgate dropping in on us, but then i suppose he's inclined to plop down on the pitch looking crock! :)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and Emre's goal - he picked the ball up on the halfway line, ran into pretty much empty space for a bit, knocked it round one of their defenders onto his left foot and wellied a blinding dipping shot into the roof of the net from about 22 yards or so. It looked to pretty much go through their keepers hand, but I think it was probably the dip that caught him out. Class though.

Awesome, i just knew he'd score a blinder, he'd been getting close lately, Thanks for the info Bianca :)

I thought Emre, Nobby and Butt were all excellent with Emre's goal just shading it for mom.

When was the last time we had a better rightback than Nobby? Venison?

If Carr get's back into the team it's a fucking disgrace.

The booing was embarassing. We've gone from being the best fans in the country to ones that boo our own players during games and barely managing to more than couple of chants a game. Sad.

I thought Emre, Nobby and Butt were all excellent with Emre's goal just shading it for mom.

The booing was embarassing. We've gone from being the best fans in the country to ones that boo our own players during games and barely managing to more than couple of chants a game. Sad.

Some sad fuckers even booed the team off at half time ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) We had done enough to show we could beat Reading - who are no push-overs by any means - so why the fuckwits decided to boo, just bewilders me.

Can't disagree with much that's been said, although I'd like to specially mention Taylor and Ramage. I've probably been quite critical of Ramage's ability, but I thought the lad was excellent tonight. Big respect for him pulling over Babayaro as well when he was getting booed and blatantly giving him a 'ignore the fuckers, it's the idiot minority' speech. I also take everything I've ever said about Nicky Butt back. Like a new signing.

Can't disagree with much that's been said, although I'd like to specially mention Taylor and Ramage. I've probably been quite critical of Ramage's ability, but I thought the lad was excellent tonight. Big respect for him pulling over Babayaro as well when he was getting booed and blatantly giving him a 'ignore the fuckers, it's the idiot minority' speech. I also take everything I've ever said about Nicky Butt back. Like a new signing.

Agreed.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that somehow during the second half the crowd got going big time. This was in response to Ramage urging us on - I was watching him at that precise moment and from then on the crowd were canny good.

Be interested to hear Renton's views on Butt now. :)

Re the booing at half time - basically if we're losing at half time the fans will boo. That's just SJP these days. Not only that but if we're drawing with anyone outside of say the top 6, the fans will boo as well. Pathetic.

Does anyone know what the infringement was Styles disallowed Sib's second goal for?

Oh, and the Emre song is pretty shit imo.

There was no contact and it wasnt offside but am sure the linesman' flag went up.

Styles said to Roeder that there was a foul but there was no contact at all with any of the players. Gutted as it was a real class move.

I thought emre was excellent last night. Is it cos Parker is shit or is it that they cant play together?

Does anyone know what the infringement was Styles disallowed Sib's second goal for?

Having watched it several times and if he's saying it wasn't for offside (which he clearly wasn't) I can only assume it must be for something someone as said. There was no challenge put in anywhere so it can't have been for a foul!

What's the Emre song?

Having watched it several times and if he's saying it wasn't for offside (which he clearly wasn't) I can only assume it must be for something someone as said. There was no challenge put in anywhere so it can't have been for a foul!

What's the Emre song?

It was that shit, I can't fuckin' remember!!!!!1111 :D:D I do remember thinking at the time though that it was shit!!!!!!!!!111 :icon_lol::)

Some sad fuckers even booed the team off at half time ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) We had done enough to show we could beat Reading - who are no push-overs by any means - so why the fuckwits decided to boo, just bewilders me.

Agree with the above. Emre, Butt and Nobby were fighting for man of the match and Emre edged it with a cracking goal. Nobby is streets ahead of Carr at right back and not just because Carr is hite either. He plays intelligently and i might add is very good at cynical/proffesional little fouls that stop dangerous breaks about to happen.

The pricks who do all the booing are getting beyond a joke. As Gemmill said its now inevetiable that if we're behing at half time they'll boo, and if we're level with what these "supporters" class as weak opposition they'll boo.

And booing an individual player during the match is not just embarassing but mornic as it makes the player worse and isn't going to lift his team mates some of whom will be friends with him.

The team deserve alot of credit for this match. We were ahead and playing well until a deflection and then crap defending from Babayaro saw us go in behind, but they came out in the second half and turned it all round for a fully deserved win and the comeback should give the team alot of confidence as previously when behind we always look beaten.

Agree with the above. Emre, Butt and Nobby were fighting for man of the match and Emre edged it with a cracking goal. Nobby is streets ahead of Carr at right back and not just because Carr is hite either. He plays intelligently and i might add is very good at cynical/proffesional little fouls that stop dangerous breaks about to happen.

The same type of fouls you constantly whine season after season that Arsenal are guilty of? :)

:D

Agree with the above. Emre, Butt and Nobby were fighting for man of the match and Emre edged it with a cracking goal. Nobby is streets ahead of Carr at right back and not just because Carr is shite either. He plays intelligently and i might add is very good at cynical/proffesional little fouls that stop dangerous breaks about to happen.

The same type of fouls you constantly whine season after season that Arsenal are guilty of? :)

I whinge about them being spoilt brats, about dirty fouls/elbows etc, diving/feinging injury and the like and their surrounding of refs and whinging after matches from their manager etc. But i've always said NUFC have to be alot more cynical and "professional" if they want to get anywhere and that its up to refs to punish the more cynical side of the game when it occurs, and if they don't, you keep doing it.

As shite as he was there is no excuse for the booing of Babayaro. It can do absolutely no good whatsoever, especially given that Roeder had very little choice but to play him.

I noticed Nigel Pearson having a word with him on the final whistle in a 'don't worry about it son' type of way. Good management

As shite as he was there is no excuse for the booing of Babayaro. It can do absolutely no good whatsoever, especially given that Roeder had very little choice but to play him.

I noticed Nigel Pearson having a word with him on the final whistle in a 'don't worry about it son' type of way. Good management

You don't know that's what he said. He could have said "you deserved all you got out there" or "Ha, I was the one who started the booing" or "Fancy a three way with this Scandanavian chick I just picked up".

You don't know that's what he said. He could have said "you deserved all you got out there" or "Ha, I was the one who started the booing" or "Fancy a three way with this Scandanavian chick I just picked up".

Aye, forgot to account for the fact that Pearson comes from the Bryan Robson school of drinking...