Mourinho: "I'd be better off at Toon"

Craig

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person who can see Freddy in his office now with a massive grin on his face, on the phone to Mourinho either A: trying to convince him to come to us or B: Trying to sell him both Edgar and Huntington for an obscene amount of money.

Am I the only personwho can see Freddy in his office now with a massive grin on his face, on the phone to Mourinho either A: trying to convince him to come to us or B: Trying to sell him both Edgar and Huntington for an obscene amount of money.

Probably, Taylor27 might be aswell.

Jose = a poor man's Sir bob.

JM only started out as Bobby's translator at Lisbon and the two grew closer as Bobby moved about, taking on more of an "assistant" role at Barca.

I doubt any managers tactics and ability if they have never played at the top level. How can you coach a team if you have never been out there and done it yourself? Overrated in my opinion.

What good is all the money if he's not making decisions on who to buy? I dont blame Mourinho for being unhappy if Arnesen and Ambramovich are busy spending millions on their fantasy players whom they expect him to play.

How can you coach a team if you have never been out there and done it yourself? Overrated in my opinion.

What utter bollocks. Just because you have been a decent footballer what right does that give you to walk into a top level job without any experience whatsoever?

All of the big 4's managers in this country haven't been top level players.

Seriously, get a clue.

Put it this way if Shepherd 'bought' someone for a stupid amount who flopped and then refused to fund a deal that Roeder wanted and would make better footballing sense and we all knew the money was there - we'd be fucking livid!

Didn't he do that with Kluivert?

As for Mouriho, he's a decent manager (hardly "the best in the world" however, many have done much more with much, much less), but he's a whiney pratt (acts like a sulky 5 year old to be frank) when things don't go his way.

uefacup1md0.jpg

god, even today thinking of that UEFA Cup run/final makes me sick. Celtic were totally screwed over by that bunch of cheating Fish loving twats :razz:

:razz:

I think he might be under more pressure to have the big names playing or on the bench than we realise. His comments seem to be more of a swipe at the chairmans policy than any real belief he'd be better off at Newcastle. It strikes me that he has made a public comment to draw attention to his concerns. I doubt he'd really want to swap that job witht eh Newcastle Job. <_<

so what happened to all the youngsters Arnie was tapping up last summer?

and the winners of that TV program for a contract at chelski for a year?

at the end of the day, he's whining because he doesn't have the best players in the world on the pitch, and that says all you need to know about his managerial abilities

and dont even start on bringing up Porto

Rafe Benitez = Mourinho. Both half decent teams with a lucky streak in the CL

How can you coach a team if you have never been out there and done it yourself? Overrated in my opinion.

What utter bollocks. Just because you have been a decent footballer what right does that give you to walk into a top level job without any experience whatsoever?

Seriously, get a clue.

And to back up the stupidity of Li3nZ's comment I give you:

Graeme Souness!

Am I the only personwho can see Freddy in his office now with a massive grin on his face, on the phone to Mourinho either A: trying to convince him to come to us or B: Trying to sell him both Edgar and Huntington for an obscene amount of money.

I'm not saying he'll come here. What i'm saying is in Fat Fred's warped little world he probably thinks that this is an admission by Jose that he wants the job.

I'm not saying he'll come here. What i'm saying is in Fat Fred's warped little world he probably thinks that this is an admission by Jose that he wants the job.

Jose 'geordio' Mourinho

Seriously, get a clue.

Why are you harping on about "the right" to be a manager? Who is talking about "the right" to be a manager? I am not talking about "rights", man. Of course, anyone can be a manager. Technically you could know sod all about football and be a manager. All it's down to like any job is if you can get employed. And calm down a little too...

If you have never been there, and done it - everything from drills, training, and doing the business on a Saturday afternoon, I DO believe you are lacking that something, an extra bit of nous and experience you can use to manage a team. OK, so the guy has had an awesome apprenticeship with Robson, and will have learned a lot in that time, but that edge is still missing and I genuinely believe he would be a better manager for it had he been a top player.

PLEASE do not confuse this as meaning a top player automatically makes a good manager. If you believe this is my point then you need to read up on your English.

Its the same for any kind of coach. Do you think a boxer can be trained by a guy who has never stepped in the ring better than a trained coach who has also fought the greatest fighters of his time and been successful? Sure, on some occasions this may be true one for one, but that little extra nous through actual experience of the sport is what JM will never have.

Hopefully you understand what I'm saying now and are less offended.

Edited by Li3nZ

Seriously, get a clue.

And to back up the stupidity of Li3nZ's comment I give you:

Graeme Souness!

Give me a break son. For the second time I did not say GOOD PLAYER = GOOD MANAGER. Read above, yes READ. <_<

Seriously, get a clue.

Why are you harping on about "the right" to be a manager? Who is talking about "the right" to be a manager? I am not talking about "rights", man. Of course, anyone can be a manager. Technically you could know sod all about football and be a manager. All it's down to like any job is if you can get employed. And calm down a little too...

If you have never been there, and done it - everything from drills, training, and doing the business on a Saturday afternoon, I DO believe you are lacking that something, an extra bit of nous and experience you can use to manage a team. OK, so the guy has had an awesome apprenticeship with Robson, and will have learned a lot in that time, but that edge is still missing and I genuinely believe he would be a better manager for it had he been a top player.

PLEASE do not confuse this as meaning a top player automatically makes a good manager. If you believe this is my point then you need to read up on your English.

Its the same for any kind of coach. Do you think a boxer can be trained by a guy who has never stepped in the ring better than a trained coach who has also fought the greatest fighters of his time and been successful? Sure, on some occasions this may be true one for one, but that little extra nous through actual experience of the sport is what JM will never have.

Disagree entirely. Football is now a science and all the third party help available from fitness to psychologists and video aid and match capture technology make the modern manager more of a boffin/moticator/ tactician than 'roll your sleeves up in training' etc.

Seriously, get a clue.

Disagree entirely. Football is now a science and all the third party help available from fitness to psychologists and video aid and match capture technology make the modern manager more of a boffin/moticator/ tactician than 'roll your sleeves up in training' etc.

.... lol

Mate... Training was just an example, not the be all and end all of my point. From Training, to Tactics, everything.

In a nutshell, If you've been there and done that at the top level, when it comes to the day of the game and you're 1-0 down and changes need made, that experience helps. You know from countless games and success what works and doesn't. You can teach anyone theories but there is simply no substitute for experience.

Anyway, forget it. I can see the next reply being along the lines of "The head coach not the manager does the training and tactics" or similar so just leave it!!! <_<